/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Strength of Our Sisters.

Tawangar
11-05-2011, 05:22 AM
al salamu 'alaikum wr wb.

http://drabutamim.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-strong-are-our-sisters.html

w
s.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Marina-Aisha
11-05-2011, 02:17 PM
oh my! i hope she does get an apology. he should have got another nurse, he was way out of line.

marwen
11-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Irreligious people always choose immodesty by the name of freedom and modernity, but their intentions are worse,
and it really hurts when they don't care about our religion.
But subhanallah that's sister was very strong. May Allah reward her, and protect our sisters everywhere.

Abz2000
11-06-2011, 12:01 AM
we had the same issues almost every time we went for scans,
they'd confirm that there wouldn't be a male doctor, then we'd go in and there'd be a male assistant, would have to kick up a fuss to get them to leave despite having made it clear.

the day of the birth was even worse - they had told us that the scans showed that the birth was due and the scans couldn't be more than 10 days out, we had had to argue with them for 3 weeks saying we were quite certain they were wrong as the periods showed otherwise, and we felt they were wrong. they even sent social workers to the house when we refused to go to scans due to their constant pestering.
the day of the birth - early by period, 3 weeks late by scan - the nurse claimed the birth was way out - despite us knowing the contractions were less than 5 minutes apart, they told us to go home - i asked if there was a lounge to wait in - no, i said - ok, we'll go home and have to do it ourselves if necessary, but i was taking pictures of that monitor strip that was spewing out showing contractions at 5 mins..
next thing - she says let me go fill out the report,
and 5 minutes later (despite us having made it clear) a male doctor comes in and asks to do an examination,
had to argue with him until i began raising my voice, then he tried spinning it saying we'd have to sign a form saying he had offered an examination and we had refused
-we said "fine".
they go out and in 10 minutes - i deliver the baby myself.
not a single apology - but they marked it on their file as "an incident" on my part.

these people are losing all sense of shame and encouraging others to do so too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-06-2011, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
i deliver the baby myself.
Isn't it a blessing to be the first person your baby sees? I think perhaps if you weren't upset by the events you'd have thought that as a momentous thing.
I don't encourage home births by any means (it is a personal preference & women didn't always survive child birth nor their infants survived infancy) but women have been giving birth at home for millenniums and survived & in fact fared better than birth in hospitals..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

Medicine is my craft yet I have always felt that for healthy women the obstetrical part of ob/Gyne belongs at home with a midwife..

btw. Abington Hospital sucks.. and I am not sure why a nurse would be the one to see a patient with haemorrhoidal bleeding?.. something is fishy :hmm:

Jedi_Mindset
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Mash'Allah she have courage to do it, let we have that courage all ;) Insha'Allah

Tawangar
11-09-2011, 05:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Irreligious people always choose immodesty by the name of freedom and modernity, but their intentions are worse,
and it really hurts when they don't care about our religion.
But subhanallah that's sister was very strong. May Allah reward her, and protect our sisters everywhere.
Aaameen Sidi.
'Alaykum Salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!