/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tell us something!

Innocent Soul
11-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Assalamualikum

How about we write something in it. It doesn't necessarily have to be an islamic topic, but you know, a thought.
Tell us what you think! Why you're thinking that. I hope this thread might actually have beneficial and interesting things to read inshaAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
11-07-2011, 05:49 AM
Some people think Eid-ul-Adha doesn't have a good purpose it's just too much cruel. I was thinking about this.

“The sacrifice which causes sorrow to the doer of the sacrifice is no sacrifice. Real sacrifice lightens the mind of the doer and gives him a sense of peace and joy. The Buddha gave up the pleasures of life because they had become painful to him.”
-Mahatma Gandhi

It's true that when we sacrifice something at first we feel sad that why we have to sacrifice this but when we don't sacrifice it you will never be at peace you will be thinking of it but when you sacrifice you will feel peace with in yourself that you did it.

And when he reached with him [the age of] exertion, he said, "O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think." He said, "O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast."And when they had both submitted and he put him down upon his forehead,We called to him, "O Abraham,You have fulfilled the vision." Indeed, We thus reward the doers of good.Indeed, this was the clear trial.(37:102-106)

Prophet Ibrahim asked Allah of a child and when we was blessed with it Allah tested him both Ibrahim and Ismail (AS) agreed to sacrifice even after so much difficulty they loved Allah and they were not at all sad and angry with Allah. Why can't we just sacrifice our desires and the wrong thought that come to our mind. How can we sacrifice our life for the sake of Allah? Think how you can do this and remember you will get the rewards or punishment of whatever you do.

If you disclose your charitable expenditures, they are good; but if you conceal them and give them to the poor, it is better for you, and He will remove from you some of your misdeeds [thereby]. And Allah , with what you do, is [fully] Acquainted.(2:271)

"Verily Allah knows the secrets of the heavens and the earth: and Allah sees well all that you do." (Surah Al Hujraat:18)

جوري
11-07-2011, 06:02 AM

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-07-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm thinking of a song.
It's a wonderful song.
I'm sure you're familiar with it.
[Removed]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
11-07-2011, 07:08 AM
^ I forgot to add this. Also Thanks for spoiling this useful thread : /

Note: I dont want this thread to be something like the shoutbox, where every other post was a "lol" or an ":p" "aww".

ardianto
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
It's happened a year ago.

In the morning. There was something that caught my attention in the newspaper, a photo of a young Saudi guy with some expensive cars, and the article about him. He's an university student, but he had more than 20 expensive cars in his garage, and he still expected the new sportcar. He lost one of his car, a Ferrari, that burnt in Heathrow airport, London.

I read in the article, he often spent his time in Europe only to drive his cars, together with his friends who brought their sportcars too. I didn't know how much money they have spent, but must be very very much.

At noon. I was walking from parking area to a shop when I saw an old lady, above 70 years old, sat on a shop terrace. There was a plastic box beside her that filled with rempeyek, large chip made from rice flour.

I just got out of the store, when that old lady greets me "Do you like rempeyek, young master ?". I stopped, looked at her face, and saw something that made me wonder. She's poor, and her life certainly painful, but she had a happy face, like someone who never had any problem.

I bought three packs. That's cheap, around one US dollar for three packs. But I gave her money five times bigger and I told her "Take the rest, mam". She looked at my face for a moment before she gave me her sweetest smile "Alhamdulillah,....may Allah always save you,..son".

Suddenly I felt I really wanted to cry, I was very happy to hear her du'a. Yes, that's the great happiness. Then I said thank you very much for her du'a and leave her.

Back to my office, I looked again at picture of that Saudi guy in the newspaper and told myself. "I spent small amount of money today, and I got a great happiness. If he sell one of his car and share the money to people who need it, he can get happiness thousands times bigger than my happiness. But does he knows about it?"

I put the newspaper on the desk. "Poor guy, he doesn't know what is true happiness".

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 03:29 PM
:wa:

Listening to Imagine a Day. Outstanding Nasheed at the same time thinking of death.

syed1
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm here thinking about humanity and the people in the world who ignore the truth when its right in front of them... how can they really prefer this life, and indulge in momentary happiness, elusive happiness over a life of eternal bliss? It boggles me, but then again I use to be just like them. I'm not claiming to be an amazing muslim now but I'm trying, atleast I think I am..

but why do I get this feeling when I look at other people and feel as if there doomed? I shouldn't be having this feeling should I ? How do I get rid of this feeling... I don't want to be arrogant and pity these people, But the thought does cross my mind.. Astagfurrallah.. I hope God strengthens my faith and the entire ummah!

Innocent Soul
11-10-2011, 11:45 AM
People get addicted to music because they keep listening to it. Imagine if we keep listening to the Quran?

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari: that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful.

And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." (Sahih Bukhari: Book #69, Hadith #494)

“Falling into sin is like falling in water, the faster you get out the less likely you are going to drown.”

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, "I have prepared for My Pious slaves things which have never been seen by an eye, or heard by an ear, or imagined by a human being." If you wish, you can recite this Verse from the Holy quran:--"No soul knows what is kept hidden for them, of joy as a reward for what they used to do." (32.17) (Sahih Bukhari: Book #54, Hadith #467)

Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet said, 'The example of a believer who recites the Qur'an is that of a citron (a citrus fruit) which is good in taste and good in smell. And the believer who does not recite the quran is like a date which has a good taste but no smell. And the example of an impious person who recites the Qur'an is that of Ar-Rihana (an aromatic plant) which smells good but is bitter in taste. And the example of an impious person who does not recite the quran is that of a colocynth which is bitter in taste and has no smell." (Sahih Bukhari: Book #93, Hadith #649)

.iman.
11-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I am thinking about how stupid materialistic possessions are in this world. I just got a job working customer service for a very high end retailer, and I just cannot fathom ever spending hundreds, not to mention thousands of dollars on a shirt, or a pair of jeans, or a purse, even if I had the money. There are people starving, living in poverty, dying of hunger and thirst and of diseases, yet these people are only concerned with being the first to follow the next big trend. I just want to ask them "What will all of it matter once you die?"

ardianto
11-10-2011, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
I just want to ask them "What will all of it matter once you die?"
I was visiting a funeral of a rich man with my uncle. I remember my uncle whispered at me "look, he doesn't bring anything to the hereafter".

Flame of Hope
11-10-2011, 04:55 PM
:sl:

I want to tell you something.

I don't want to tell you what I'm thinking. :p

Innocent Soul
11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
^ Then no need to enter this thread if you don't want to share you wise thoughts :/:.

Belief in God is something that means that a person totally believes that everything happens for good even if its the death of your loved ones, problems with your health or anything else.Even when someone talks to you in an abusing manner it isn't something that anyone can stop maybe there are many Muslims who fight for freedom but they don't get it.

Think about the muslims who live in jail like Aafia, Babar Ahmed and others how they have spent a big part of their life being punished for the thing which they never did!

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said,
"The example of a believer is that of a fresh green plant the leaves of which move in whatever direction the wind forces them to move and when the wind becomes still, it stand straight.

Such is the similitude of the believer: He is disturbed by calamities (but is like the fresh plant he regains his normal state soon). And the example of a disbeliever is that of a pine tree (which remains) hard and straight till Allah cuts it down when He will."
(Sahih Bukhari: Book #93, Hadith #558)

Maybe their belief in God in so firm that they can tolerate it by remembering the reward that Allah is going to give them in hereafter,maybe they know and believe the Allah is the best of planners and Allah has a plan for them too.

Allah always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him.

When you say that Allah is the Most- Just you believe it when injustice is done to you. When you say Allah is the best of planners you believe that Allah has planned something for you. When you say Allah is the Most Forgiving you believe that Allah is going to forgive you if you repent sincerely. Life is something which seems very beautiful but behind it there is darkness and sorrow.

“Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.”
(Surah Al-Hadid, ayah 20)

Do not be fooled by the lust of wrong doing, for it is all an illusion and will get you no where while stealing all your time.

Huzzy_786
11-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Would this count as a though>>>

Really tired... Just got back from school and on my way to Jummah Sallah.

Reflections
11-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Contemplating on the ayah which tells us how the dhikr of Allah contents the hearts...which is simply by even listening to the qur'aan..http://www.tvquran.com/

Abz2000
11-12-2011, 06:23 AM
stewie wants to tell mommy something:

Abz2000
11-13-2011, 02:23 AM
cleveland brown also want's to tell us something:

Innocent Soul
11-20-2011, 02:43 AM
Every time I see each and every member here I feel something new to learn from them. Everyone here might have gone through some difficulty or pain in life everyone might have sinned, have been loved by someone.

"If you approach each new person you meet in a spirit of adventure you will find yourself endlessly fascinated by the new channels of thought and experience and personality that you encounter."
— Eleanor Roosevelt,

Isn't it true that we get experience from our mistakes.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
- Vernon Sanders Law.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

We make mistakes and then feel regret but if after sometime we did the same mistake then we should not even think that our previous mistake has been forgiven. Yeah it's true it takes time to break a bad habit but mostly when your bad habit is almost asleep you wake it up and again you do the same mistake.

We sin -> Allah forgives us
We sin again -> Allah forgives us

But it doesn't mean that we should always be relaxed when we sin again because we should struggle more to overcome it.

IslamicRevival
11-20-2011, 02:53 AM
In a dark..lonely place at the moment.
Isolated..tired? Lack of direction in life
God know where im heading

Abdul-Raouf
11-20-2011, 03:07 AM
I have noticed this many times in different situations...... People who use the word "Luck"... at that moment when they use it... doesnt often think that it is nothing but "Fate".

When someone is unhurt in an accident they say.... You are lucky enough to escape from that accident... they wont say.. its fate that you escape.
When some one dies in that accident..they say..... Its fate.. that it has happened.

If ppl think that the word "Fate" religious... then how about the word "Luck".

Put your queries regarding this to ur friends... and check their reaction :)

Innocent Soul
02-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Tell the the truth even if it takes courage.

When we do anything we should remember that we have to bear it's consequences whether they are good or bad. If we remember and believe in Allah then every difficulty seems a blessing.

The moment you truly realize that everything happens by the permission of Allah, all your worries begin to fade away.. Subhan Allah !

If you fall into a sin then try to get out as fast as you can. Just remember things one or two years back seem so close. We always know that the people before us has many bad qualities. It has been mentioned several times that they are examples for us to get moral.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't too busy denying them.

Time is passing our life is going to finish but if we utilise it properly inshallah we will not regret. Everything in life gives us a lesson and what we have to do is just to take that lesson and use it when it's required.

Do not be fooled by the lust of wrong doing, for it is all an illusion and will get you no where while stealing all your time.

If you want to do something do it now because you don't know whether you will alive till tomorrow or not.

And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitan (Satan), then seek refuge with Allah. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower [7:200]

Txyib
02-12-2012, 03:40 AM
"Every soul shall taste death"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!