/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sarkozy: Netanyahu Is A 'Liar,' Journalists Reportedly Overhear French President Tell

جوري
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Sarkozy: Netanyahu Is A 'Liar,' Journalists Reportedly Overhear French President Tell Obama

In this image from French TV, showing the TV interview with French President Nicolas Sarkozy, left, and U.S. President Barack Obama, in Cannes, France, during a national TV broadcast Friday, Nov. 4, 2011. (AP Photo/TF1/FR2)

digg reddit stumble

In a meeting with Barack Obama, French President Nicolas Sarkozy confided in the U.S. president that he thinks Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is a liar, the BBC reports.
According to The Guardian, President Sarkozy did not realize his microphone was live when he spoke with President Obama as part of the G-20 meetings in Cannes, France.
According to the report first published on the French website Arret Sur Images, Obama also criticized Sarkozy for not telling him in advance that France planned to vote in favor of the Palestinians' UNESCO membership bid. The conversation then turned to Netanyahu, The New York Times reports:
"I cannot stand him," Mr. Sarkozy was quoted as saying. "He is a liar." Mr. Obama is reported to have replied, "You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day!"
The remarks reportedly were overheard by half a dozen journalists. A reporter from Reuters also confirmed "the veracity of the comments."
A BBC correspondent notes that the French media initially kept quiet about the diplomatic faux pas so as not to embarrass President Sarkozy. Israeli media outlets, however, published the frank exchange in full.
The White House has not yet issued a statement on the matter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._lnk3%7C110754

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-08-2011, 07:46 PM
That's amusing considering how incredibly Zionophile the two of them are..

Hamza Asadullah
11-08-2011, 08:34 PM
They do have free minds to think after all. :omg:

جوري
11-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Sarkozy is a Zionist himself of Hungarian descent..it is just a case of distaste not a dissimilar agenda..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
11-09-2011, 01:32 AM
dunno - it looks to me like it was soooooo set up,
they have many private conversations behind closed doors discussing how they will deceive the people (no-fly zone?)
why would they choose a moment like that?
can you remember bush and blair's one?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/5188258.stm

does this look like a time when obama would ask him about his vote?
it looks more like they are publicly distancing themselves from netanyahu's next move, saying it in public wouldn't have the same effect - people would call them liars.

these guys are trained actors.

Abz2000
11-09-2011, 02:18 AM
this says it all:

my friend nicolas sarkozy.................and i always welcome his "frank and honest assessment of the situation"

it's like a joke.

جوري
11-09-2011, 02:25 AM
They look like lovers where Obama abandoned the bed chamber early and Sarkozy vacillates between reproach and longing.. Don't they say that politics makes for strange bedfellows!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!