/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed....

Moneeb
11-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Assalam Walaycum Brothers
I am ashamed of what I almost did and it worries me.
Okay, I was checking a site since there was something about Zodiac signs for birth dates and people's personality. I was curious on the date of mine.(I didnt realize it was Haram but I should have noticed and I should have been careful) I was almost, ALMOST fell for it until I reach a part that made me doubts of it then my brother came by and told me this is Haram. Then I closed the site. I felt devestated and I was worryed that Allah(swt) is anger at me for almost commiting shirkh or commiting it. I dont know which but I wish I knew. I wanna know what I did or almost did was bad enough to take me out of the Iman and disappoint Him. I love Allah(swt) so much that I hate disappointing Him and I wanna please Him. I am asking for advice that did I commit shirkh or no?

Note: I think Allah(swt) was teaching me a lesson. I dont know how to explain it but I have this feeling that it was to teach me how deceptive Shaytaan can be or the Big Shaytaan(idk which)? Or how the past Idol worshippers do shikh or something like believing anything. I dont know. I just had that feeling

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

It is indeed great of you to turn here for help, it shows that you want to turn to Allaah for forgiveness for an act of displeasing the Allmighty.

I will let others reply to whether this is an act of shirk or not, although whether it was, it seems you never commited the act unintentionally, but do ask Allaah for forgiveness as he all forgiving and mercyful to his servant of whom repents with sincerety.

It seems that you commited the act without knowing it was wrong, in other words unintentionally, but now that you have come to realise it is wrong and an act which displeases Allaah SWT, you must strive not to return back, turn to him in sincere repentance, cry to him and ask him for forgiveness.

Say:"O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped.".[Al Qur'aan 39:53]

If I have not helped, I hope that another member can post up a better response inshaa'Allaah..

Abz2000
11-12-2011, 11:05 PM
“WHOEVER LEARNS ANYTHING OF ASTROLOGY HAS LEARNED A BRANCH OF WITCHCRAFT (AL-SIHR)…”
Abu Dawud in his Sunan with a Saheeh isnaad

Narrated by ‘Imraan Ibn Husain (Radia Allahu ‘Anhu) that,
The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:
“HE IS NOT ONE OF US WHO PRACTISES AUGURY OR HAS IT DONE FOR HIM, WHO TELLS FORTUNES OR HAS HIS FORTUNE TOLD, OR WHO PRACTISES WITCHCRAFT OR HAS THAT DONE FOR HIM.”
Al-Bazzaar with a jayyid isnaad

Allah (swt) says:
SAY: “NONE IN THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH KNOWS THE GHAIB (UNSEEN) EXCEPT ALLÂH, NOR CAN THEY PERCEIVE WHEN THEY SHALL BE RESURRECTED
Surah An-Naml 27:65

“Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about something, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.”
Saheeh Muslim 2230

“WHOEVER COMES TO A FORTUNE-TELLER OR SOOTHSAYER AND BELIEVES HIM HAS DISBELIEVED IN THAT WHICH WAS REVEALED TO MUHAMMAD.”

Ahmad in his Musnad 9171 & Classed as Saheeh Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5942

Allah (swt) says:
SAY (O MUHAMMAD): “I KNOW NOT WHETHER (THE PUNISHMENT) WHICH YOU ARE PROMISED IS NEAR OR WHETHER MY LORD WILL APPOINT FOR IT A DISTANT TERM.”(HE ALONE) THE ALL-KNOWER OF THE GHÂ’IB (UNSEEN), AND HE REVEALS TO NONE HIS GHÂ’IB (UNSEEN).” EXCEPT TO A MESSENGER (FROM MANKIND) WHOM HE HAS CHOSEN (HE INFORMS HIM OF UNSEEN AS MUCH AS HE LIKES), AND THEN HE MAKES A BAND OF WATCHING GUARDS (ANGELS) TO MARCH BEFORE HIM AND BEHIND HIM
Surah Al-Jinn 72:25-27

Narrated by Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari (ra) that,
THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH (SALLA-ALLAHU ‘ALAYHI WA SALLAM) FORBADE THE PRICE OF A DOG, THE WAGES OF A PROSTITUTE AND THE PAYMENT MADE TO A FORTUNE-TELLER.
Saheeh Bukharee 2237 & Saheeh Muslim 1567

“WHOEVER GOES TO A SOOTHSAYER OR FORTUNE-TELLER AND BELIEVES WHAT HE SAYS HAS DISBELIEVED IN THAT WHICH WAS REVEALED TO MUHAMMAD (SALLA-ALLAHU ‘ALAYHI WA SALLAM).”
Abu Dawud in his Sunan with a Saheeh isnaad

“HE IS NOT ONE OF US WHO PRACTISES MAGIC OR HAS MAGIC DONE FOR HIM, OR WHO TELLS FORTUNES OR HAS HIS FORTUNE TOLD, OR WHO PRACTISES AUGURY OR HAS AUGURY DONE FOR HIM. WHOEVER GOES TO A SOOTHSAYER AND BELIEVES WHAT HE SAYS HAS DISBELIEVED IN THAT WHICH WAS REVEALED TO MUHAMMAD (SALLA-ALLAHU ‘ALAYHI WA SALLAM).”
Al-Bazzaar with a jayyid isnaad

if it's foolishness you've repented from, you would be astray or even worse - a disbeliever if you lost hope in the mercy of Allah,

" And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?"
(Qur'an15:56)

truly no one despairs of Allah's soothing mercy, except those who have no Faith.
Quran Yusuf 12:87

Condition 1: Feeling guilty of doing the act of sin
The realisation in a person thqat he has done or has been doing a sin. He has been wronging his own soul.

Condition 2: Stop doing the sin
3:135 "..and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done". For sincere repentance the person should stop doing the sin for which he is repenting.

Condition 3: Seek forgiveness from Allah
3:135 "..ask for forgiveness for their sins, and who can forgive sins except Allah?"
42:25 " It is he who accepts repentance from his servants
Condition 4: Determine never to do the act of sin again

Condition 5: Correction
If some persons rights have been violated then those rights should be fulfilled. Eg if a person has beeen robbed then what has been robbed has to be restored. This is because the violations in Huqooq al Ibaad – rights of the creation will not be forgiven by Allah until they are restored.

and Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!