/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Simple Arabic Lessons - through learning 'Tables'!

- Qatada -
11-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullah waBarakaatuh

Simple Arabic Lessons!

These lessons will allow you to understand Arabic within 2 weeks (if you're a really good memorizer), or a month (if you're a slower memorizer) inshaa' Allah.

How does it work?

I have made some coloured Learning Tables, you have to memorize them. And we move onto the next lesson. Simple (smile.)

Arabic Layout:

Arabic is made up of; 1 Letter words, 2 Letter words, 3 letter words, and sometimes 4 letter words.

I will work gradually in posting 1 Table a day, you have to memorize the table as much as you can. And in that day, you can ask questions.

The next day, I will be giving you the next table, etc.

After 2 weeks
:

Once you have memorized the tables altogether, you will have got a strong feel of how Arabic language works. This will make it extremely easy for you to understand the language when reading and hearing; Qur'an, Sunnah, or a speech etc.

NOTE: you can download all the tables from here at once. But you might not fully understand them till you ask here.

Last Advice
:

You have to make du'a (prayer) to Allah if you really want to learn Arabic, and Allah will help you. It worked for me, alhamdulillah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
11-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Bismillah.

I'll start with an easy table;

Image UPDATE:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...t_patterns.png

What you should know:

1 - Most words in arabic are made up of 3 Lettered words.
2 - 3 Letter words usually describe the Doer (noun) or the 'Doing' (verb).

3 - These 3 Letter words have different vowel markings (tashkeel) on them.
4 - The markings tell us if the 3 letter word is a 'Doer' or a 'Doing'.

I have used the example: 'DaRB' = to Hit. [verb/doing word]. The 3 Root Letters are; D-R-B (Hit).
To make 'DaRB' into a 'Doer' [noun] would be to add the marking signs; 'DaaRiB' = HittER.

Your Task:

Memorize this table, and the different patterns. And use the examples to practise it to other 3 Letter words.
(i.e. QaTL [Q-T-L] = to Fight. | QaaTiL = FightER. | QiTaaL = FightING. etc.]

Any questions? Ask. Next table will be posted tomorrow inshaa' Allah.

- Qatada -
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM

Bismillah.

1 Letter Words:

Image UPDATE:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...rds_arabic.png

Tip
: If you can, save the picture by - Right Click (on the picture) - Save Image As.. (save to your computer) - then Print it for easier learning.

Woahh! lol! Please don't get scared by the massive amount of information there. Let me explain;

Mission Arabic: Find the 3 Root Letter Word.

What you should Know
:

1 - Remember I told you that there are 3 Root Letter words (in the previous Lesson)? Then yes they are. But if you've ever read Arabic, you're probably aware that all the words in a sentence are written together flowing, so you can't actually separate the different words. Most importantly, you can't figure which are the 3 Root Lettered words in the sentence.

2 - This 1 Letter Word [Cheat sheet], will let you find out What the words which surround the 3 Letter word mean.

Example: If we look at letter ALIF, we see that it has quite a few meanings when placed at the BEGINNING of a 3 Letter word. You have to memorize those meanings, all of them. So memorize the rules of as many letters as you can (whenever you have time.) [Even if they don't make some sense to you yet!]

Note: I know you will have some confusion at this stage, like why the letter 'Taa' has the meaning of 'you' and 'she' at the same time. But because you're a new learner of a new language, you just have to memorize the rules, and once you've finished this study, you will see it will make sense altogether inshaa' Allah.

3 - If you can memorize this table, you will have SO much knowledge of Arabic, that the rest of the sheets will be extremely easy for you (this table summarizes a few books worth of Arabic lessons.) So put alot of effort into memorizing this Table, even if it takes up most of the days of these Arabic studies.

Remember, if you have questions, ask!

- Qatada -
11-11-2011, 09:32 AM

2 Letter Verbs (Doing words)

We're back to another easy lesson now inshaa' Allah.

Right now, we've seen:

1 - 3 Letter Words.
2 - 1 Letter Words.

So now we're going to look at 2 Letter words. These 2 Letter Verbs are Doing words. (i.e. something you do in life.)

Let's take a look;

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...er_verbs-2.png

What you should Know
?

1 - a 2 Letter Verb has different rules to a 3 Letter Word, although they both have some similarities aswell. You have to memorize the patterns for both the; 2 Letter Verbs and 3 Letter Words.

2 - After memorizing the patterns, then Practice with the Examples given at the bottom.

For Example: Q-M (stand) - QaaMa (following the pattern of QaaLa - he Said) = He Stood (past tense.)

Another Example: Q-M (stand) - QuM! = Stand! [command]. Just like; QuL! = Say! [command].

The same patterns apply for any other 2 Letter verb (doing word.)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-12-2011, 09:24 AM

2 Letter 'Connectives'

We've now studied;

1 Letter Words.
2 Letter Verbs (Doing words.)
3 Letter Words.

This Lesson
:

I like to call these words 'Connectives', because they 'Connect' parts of the sentence together. They are words like; 'this, that, when' etc. Most of them are 2 letter words, but some are 3.

Here are a list of some to memorize;

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...onnectives.png

You can download the DOC [MS Word / Open office version] of this file here.

Lessons Remaining
:

3 Letter Words - Past Tense (if you have memorized the entire 1 letter sheet, you do not have to memorize this.)
3 Letter Words - Present Tense (I will have to give a few tips on how to use the colored table on this sheet for maximum benefit.)

3 Letter Rules Summarized

Objects - Single | Plural | (Sound) Plurals

Broken Plurals [DOC]

Possession - My, your, his, hers, theirs etc. (if you have memorized the entire 1 letter sheet, you do not have to memorize this.)

I'raab table - telling what the vowel mark on the last Root Letter means.
Harf al Jarr

Sarf Sheet - teaching the different Verb patterns used to 'muscle up' a word's meaning. - (this table summarizes an entire book!) *might need some explanation*

'OO' not 'OON' - (easy)

- Qatada -
11-12-2011, 11:19 AM

Here's a Practise Test now:

Note: You are allowed to look at the colored tables from the lessons given based on what you have learnt.

1 - Tell the Meaning;

خَلَقَكُم مِّن نَّفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ ثُمَّ جَعَلَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا
Khalaqa-kum min Nafsin waahidatin, thumma ja'ala min-haa zawja-haa

[Surah al-Zumar 39:6]

Vocabulary you need to know
:

Khalq = to Create.

Nafs = Being (Soul+body.)

Waahidah = One.

thumma = then

Ja'al = to Make.

Zawj = partner.

2a -

If Hasan [ حسن ] = Good.

And AHsan [ احسن] = the Best Good male. (Alif attached at the beginning to 'maximize meaning')

Then what word is used to describe the 'Best Good female'?

2b - Sughr [ صغر] = small. Make the 'maximum' [known as; ism al tafDeel] meaning of it in Male and Female maximized form.

NOTE: Look at 1 letter sheet, letter ALIF. If you are unsure.

3 - What does this mean?

وَقَالَ إِنِّي بَرِيءٌ مِّنكُمْ إِنِّي أَرَىٰ مَا لَا تَرَوْنَ إِنِّي أَخَافُ اللَّهَ ۚ وَاللَّهُ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ

[Anfal 8:48]

Vocabulary help:

Inna = surely

baree' (from baraa') = disassociate / separate.

Raa = see

Khaaf [khawf] = fear.

Shadeed = Severe/firm.

'Iqaab ['uqb] = Ending/Outcome.

4 - Translate:

رَبَّنَا لاَ تَجْعَلنَا مِن اَلظَالِمِين

Dhaalim [Dhulm = wrongdoing/oppression/darkness].

5 -
Translate:

وَلَمَّا بَلَغَ أَشُدَّهُ آتَيْنَاهُ حُكْمًا وَعِلْمًا ۚ وَكَذَٰلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُحْسِنِينَ

[Yusuf 12:22]

Lam-maa = "Until when"

balaagh [
بلغ] - to reach from one point to another
(i.e. a child who reaches another stage in life [maturity] = baaligh [بلغ]].) [or even a speech is 'balaagh' because the speaker says it, and it reaches to the listeners ears.])

AShudda [shudda = firm]. The Alif before it represents Maximum meaning.

Ataa = to give.

Hukm = wisdom/judgement

'ilm = knowledge.

Jazaa = reward / payback

- Qatada -
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM

3 Letter Verbs - Past Tense

Memorize this table;

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...past_verbs.png

What you should know:

1 - You will notice in Arabic that in PAST TENSE verbs (doing words), the 'DOER' is mentioned at the END OF WORD.

i.e. Darab-TU = I hit. | Darab-TA = YOU hit | dArAbA = He hit. | Darab-TUM = YOU (plural) Hit. |.

2 - You will see (in next lesson) that in PRESENT TENSE verbs (doing words), the 'DOER' is mentioned at the FRONT OF THE WORD.

- Qatada -
11-13-2011, 05:34 PM

3 Letter Verbs - Present Tense

Memorize this table;

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...sent_verbs.png

What you should Know
:

1 - In PRESENT TENSE verbs (doing words), the 'DOER' is mentioned at the FRONT OF THE WORD. (unlike PAST TENSE words where the 'Doer' is mentioned at the End.)

2 - When the Prefix letter 'Ya' (meaning 'he' or 'they') has a;

- Fat-ha (zabar) on top - it means Active Voice. I.e. 'He' (or 'they') are Doing the Action. (i.e. are Hitting.)
- 'Damma' (peysh) on top of it - it means Passive Voice I.e. 'He' (or 'they') are being Done'. (i.e. being Hit.)

3 - ta-Drib-oon = You lot (plural) Hit. | ta-Drib-na = They [females plural] hit.

If you need help on the table, just ask!

- Qatada -
11-14-2011, 10:59 AM

- Qatada -
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Possession
- his, her, their, our...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...possession.png

What you should Know:

1 - Objects are 'possessed' (owned) by someone.

2 - Objects are also made up of 2 or 3 Letters.

3 - When an Object is mentioned, its Owner is mentioned at the End.

- Qatada -
11-16-2011, 09:34 AM

1 Object (Single), 2 Objects (Dual), 3 Objects + (Plural)

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...kx/objects.png

What you should Know:

1 - Work on the table from Right to left.

2 - Objects are classed into either; 'male' or 'female'. (There is no word for 'it' [genderless] in arabic.)
So one Male Praiser is; Haamid-un. | One Female Praiser is; HaamidaT-un

3 - An Object [Noun] will have Letters attached to its end, to show the number/amount of Objects.

i.e. Male: Haamid-un = one Praiser. | Two Praisers = Haamid-ayn. | Three or more praisers are Haamid-oon.
i.e. Female: HaamidaT-un = one Female Praiser... etc.

4 - In Arabic, when you talk about an Object. You either say; A Object, or The Object.

The Object is a Specific Object you are talking about. (I.e. I saw the Praiser [one who praises]) = AL-HaamidU

A Object is not specific (I.e. I saw a Praiser [one who praise]). = Haamid-UN

If that doesn't make sense, please ask!

- Qatada -
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM

Verb Patterns Table *Muscling up Words*

This is when Arabic gets really exciting!

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...B_PATTERNS.jpg

What you should Know:

1 - If you have looked at the Past Tense and Present Tense Lessons, then you know that:
dArAbA = he Hit [past tense], and Ya-Drib = He is Hitting [Present tense].

This table will use Fa3ala [he did], yaF3alu [he is Doing], Fi3Lun [to Do] as the main example.

2 - There are many verb patterns in Arabic. A sister (we ask Allah to accept her good) has made a table which summarizes an entire book into this small, useful coloured table.

So now we have a table with 10 of the main Arabic Verb Patterns used in the Arabic language.

3 - Study the table from the Left to the Right. -->

Now let's study the Table:

Verb Pattern 1 - to Do is the normal Pattern of:

Fa3ala [he Did] - yaF3alu [he is Doing] - Fi'lun [to Do.]
The meaning is basic, simply 'to Do' the verb [doing word] that is being said. i.e. Daraba = he Hit.

Now if we look at Verb Pattern 2 - Intense/Repetition, we see the word:
Fa33ala (we see the 2nd root letter has been repeated twice [shadda/emphasised].)

Try saying out loud; DaRRaba! (he Hit intensively/repeatedly [past tense]) - yuDaRRibu! (he is Hitting intensively/repeatedly [present tense]) - taDReeb! - TO Hit intensively/repeatedly [tenseless].

You see that you have to say it in a Powerful, Intensive and Repetitive way. And this is exactly what this 2nd verb pattern means.

The 3rd Pattern means; to TRY to do something with someone/thing else. (you see this is hinted at by the long stretch of sound):

Faa3ala (he tried to Do with someone else [past tense]) / yuFaa3ilu (he is trying to Do with someone else [present tense]) - muFaa3alatun or Fi3aal (to try to Do with someone else [tenseless]).

Lets practise an example:
Juhd = to Struggle. | Jaahada (he tried to Struggle with someone else [past tense]) / yuJaahadu (trying to Struggle with someone/something else [present tense]) / muJaahadatun / Jihaadun (to try to Struggle with someone/something else )

The 4th pattern (he does) is one which you should try not to confuse with letter ALIF's other meanings, which has many meanings (I [1st person], maximize meaning of a word, Question mark, and now this.)

How do you remove the confusion? Simply stick to this patterns full rules:

Af3alA - you see that it starts with an ALIF (with a fat-ha on it), and it ends with a Fat-ha (zabar) on the last letter. This is the biggest sign that it is this Verb Pattern 4 and not any of ALIF's other meanings.

This verb pattern means: Doing something to something/someone else, or Causing something else.

I.e. AslamA = he Submitted / yuSlimu = Submitting [present tense] / Islaamun [to Submit]

I hope you know how to use the table now for the rest of the words. If you don't, just ask!

- Qatada -
11-25-2011, 03:49 PM
As-salaamu alaykum waRahmatullah waBarakaatuh

I've noticed that due to the new redesign of LinguisticMiracle.com - the images on the first posts on this thread don't work.

So here's an update:
www.linguisticmiracle.com/learn-arabic

http://www.archive.org/details/Learn...ticmiracle.com

- Qatada -
11-27-2011, 06:58 PM
:salamext:

edit

- Qatada -
11-27-2011, 07:04 PM

edit

- Qatada -
11-27-2011, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

1 Object (Single), 2 Objects (Dual), 3 Objects + (Plural)

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...kx/objects.png

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...en_plurals.png

- Qatada -
11-27-2011, 10:01 PM
asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullah waBarakaatuh

Download ALL the files from here
[ZIP 1.3MB]:

http://movies10.archive.org/download...BIC_TABLES.zip

- Qatada -
11-28-2011, 06:49 PM

- Qatada -
01-05-2012, 12:54 PM
asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

Really good tools to learn Arabic and build up on your Vocabulary [word list];

Easy to use Dictionaries:

Lanes Lexicon with English Search

http://www.ejtaal.net/m/aa (Hans Wehr and Lanes Lexicon – Fast, Searchable, and works on SmartPhones too.)

Lanes Lexicon Online

http://aratools.com/

http://dictionary.sakhr.com/ al Mawrid Dictionary (Searchable)

http://translate.google.com/

Typing Arabic with Ease:

Download Eiktub which is free.

Or you can use ta3reeb google online.

This one you might like alot; http://translate.google.com - you type english and the arabic comes up.

Al-bint
01-06-2012, 06:57 AM
salaam alaikum!

MashaAllah very nice! i am quite sure we can all benefit from this.

thanks a lot for posting this

jazakallah khairn

MuslimDownunder
01-22-2012, 07:13 AM
very helpful. learning alot :exhausted

Periwinkle18
02-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Wow mashaAllah jazakAllah for sharing may Allah reward you bro how can i learn speaking arabic?? the arabic teachers in the school i work in talk in arabic with each other i do understand a lil buh i want to learn to talk like them any videos on how we can learn and speak in arabic??

- Qatada -
02-13-2012, 08:10 PM

Just go through these lessons and you can try to understand it first.. then after that speaking becomes abit easier. Understanding is most important first.

- Qatada -
02-13-2012, 08:11 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Understand Arabic in 12 Colored Tables

(just 35 pages!)

Download the BOOK for FREE here:

(for viewing on:
Adobe Reader (1.6MB)
MS Word (2.6MB)
Wordpad
)

(Right click & Click; Save Target/Link As to start the Download.)

You’ll love this book and learn how to understand Arabic within 1 month inshaa’ Allah!

It has Colored tables (from our LinguisticMiracle.com Learn Arabic section) + explanations which are easy to understand.

What did people who know Arabic say?

“I think they are excellent…” – (petal)

“you summed up the entire basic
arabic language into twelve tables, and
all I have to do is learn these and then
learn vocab, and I’ll be able to understand
some Arabic?

if this is what you’re saying, then you’re
probably some kind of crazy genius;
barakallahu feek.”

- (Abdul Qayyum – wanting to learn Arabic)

Jazaka Allahu ahsanal-jaza for all this
awesome material.
May Allah place them
in the scales of your good deeds on the
Day of Judgement. – Amr

[ Expert of Arabic and Owner of LisanulArab.org website]

Ameen.

The lessons have had Thousands of views already al-hamdulillah, so I decided to make it in Book form so it’s better organized, and easier to print for you guys.

And the Praise is truly for Allah for making all this possible.

- a LinguisticMiracle.com production -

(Download the Book for viewing on:
Adobe Reader (1.6MB) | MS Word (2.6MB) | Wordpad)

Periwinkle18
02-14-2012, 03:50 AM
i've done basic arabic grammer when i did my quran class so i do understand a lil and mashaAllah the coloured tables r amazing :)

- Qatada -
01-04-2014, 07:49 PM

Free EBook: Understand and Speak Arabic in 12 Colored Tables!

LinguisticMiracle.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!