/* */

PDA

View Full Version : another n00b >^..^< Salaam!

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Asalaam Aleikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakathu,

After contemplating it for a while, I finally decided to join the boards J My Fiance, Scimitar, pointed me this way a couple of months ago, but due to not-so-great experiences on other forums I was a bit reluctant. Anyhow, I’ve been lurking around here and there and seems like a good place to be inshallah, so here I am. :D

A bit about me, just so we can get acquainted. At this time, I’m a full time student, working on a B.A. of Islamic Studies. I’m an analyst by nature, therefore, I usually find myself involved in heavy research projects. At the moment I’m involved in two large ones, one of them being “The Sacrifices” by Scimitar Productions. For me, nothing is insignificant, and everything is worth viewing through a critical eye. Above all, The arts are my passion and currently in the creative department , photography is my focus (no pun intended looool), although my history in the Arts is a long one. Alhamdullilah. Enough about me though :statisfie

Our prophet , sallalahu Aleihi Wasalaam, said “Whoever seeks a way to acquire knowledge Allah will make easy his way to Paradise.” [Sahîh Muslim (2699)] There is always something new to learn, even with what we already think we understand. Perspectives differ from person to person, I find it quite beautiful and fascinating actually. Being open to others' points of view has greatly helped my understanding of things. Anyway, I hope I can get to know some of you and learn from those willing to share, and I hope to be able to contribute whatever I can, insha Allah.

-Cosmic Intuition

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Haya emaan
11-09-2011, 05:18 PM
walaikum assalam warahmatullah wabarkatahu

welcome to the forum sister

hope you will have a beneficial stay here

MartyrX
11-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Wa-alaikum salam. Welcome to the forum.

Scimitar
11-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Ah, she finally joins :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

(secretly knew she would join, just didn't know when)

Anyhoo, all the lambs are here too CI. Masha-Allah. We like it here and I just know that you will too. Above all, I'm pleased you're here :statisfie

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-09-2011, 06:55 PM
:welcome: aboard sis .. Enjoy your stay with us insha'Allah

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Jazaak Allah Khair for the warm welcome :)

and Scimi ;D yesh, finally here.

Scimitar
11-09-2011, 07:39 PM
About time hehe. The sisters here are really good and knowledgeable. Finally, a forum with good opinions and even better people. Browse around.

Oh yes, you have to make 50 posts before you can get free run of the forum. However, some posts and threads (in certain sections) require moderator approval. I like that, shows the forum is well moderated, alhamdulillah.

Scimi

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-09-2011, 07:49 PM
so who are the most active sisters? it would be nice to get acquainted with them :) and yes, I appreciate a well moderated forum, Especially with topics such as religion.

-Cosmic Intuition

Scimitar
11-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Sister Bluebell ( she repped you btw, never seen anyone with one post get so much rep in one go ;D ) and some others... let me think.

Jewel of Wisdom
Alhamdulilaah

These are the only ones I can think of for now... My brain is fuzzy.

You'll find out soon enough. And make good acquaintances with them. Pretty sure about that :)

Scimi

Huzzy_786
11-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Walaykumsallams! (:wa:)

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

alhamdulilaah
11-10-2011, 09:27 AM
wa alaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Nice to meet u sister Cosmic Intuition, May Allah give you His love, and love of those who love Him, and deed that would get His love, ameen.

InshAllah, u will have a great time here.

peace_maker
11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
:welcome: to the forums, sis. Inshaallah, you will enjoy here. :sunny:

Ramadhan
11-11-2011, 01:59 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum!
I hope you'll have enjoyable and beneficial stay

format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicIntuition
photography is my focus (no pun intended looool)
oohhh... you share similar penchant for language and wit as scimitar I see :)

Abz2000
11-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Welcome aboard Sis!
Nice to see a thoughtful and productive introductory post,
Scimi's added much intellectual food for thought here,
Hope to see double the amount now inshaAllah!

Jedi_Mindset
11-11-2011, 01:28 PM
wa alaikum salaam warahmatullah wabarkatahu sis, :)

Great introduction post, you joined as well Mash'Allah. This is a very good forum big kuddos for the people and creators of this site :)
Looks like we've all the lambs here now, ;)

Scimitar
11-11-2011, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Ah ah ah don't I know it ;D Well spotted brother Ramadhan

format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
Welcome aboard Sis!
Ameen. She's very smart (scares me - but inspires me too). As Bushwack said on WUP "Sometimes it's better to just nod and agree if you don't understand something" hehe... I do this a lot *facepalm*

Bro Ramadhan we need a facepalm smiley urgently hehe.

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset

Great introduction post, you joined as well Mash'Allah. This is a very good forum big kuddos for the people and creators of this site :)
Yes, all 10 lambs are here :statisfie WOW. We still have some recruiting to do Bro Jedi... currently, we are 10. But insha-Allah, we'll try and get that up to 20.

NOTE: CosmicIntuition has problems accessing the site from her location - is there a quick fix? She wanted to thank everyone for their welcome but was unable to do so. S

Scimi

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-11-2011, 10:09 PM
wa Alaaykum as'Salaam wa Rahmatullaah wa Barahkaatuh

Welcome to the forum!

Once again, glad to have another sister on board, masha'Allaah.

hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit yourself inshaa'Allaah..

Ansariyah
11-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Walaikuma salam welcome sister=)

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alhamdulilaah
wa alaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Nice to meet u sister Cosmic Intuition, May Allah give you His love, and love of those who love Him, and deed that would get His love, ameen.

InshAllah, u will have a great time here.
Thank You for that beautiful dua <3 I hope to enjoy my time here for sure :)

-Cosmic Intuition

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
:welcome: to the forums, sis. Inshaallah, you will enjoy here. :sunny:
Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

-Cosmic Intuition

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
:sl:

Welcome to the forum!
I hope you'll have enjoyable and beneficial stay

Insha allah I hope it's beneficial for me as well!

Haha! Yeah as a matter of fact we do share that, mashaAllah. Often time I will sound like him in the way I type, it's kinda creepy actually :giggling:

-Cosmic Intuition

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
Welcome aboard Sis!
mashaAllah, thank you! Yes, that food for thought, I'm happy to see it's welcomed here :D Insha allah I can help bump it up a notch.

-Cosmic Intuition

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset

Heya Jedi! :)

yep looks like we all made it eh? ;D

-Cosmic Intuition

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Ah ah ah don't I know it ;D Well spotted brother Ramadhan

Ameen. She's very smart (scares me - but inspires me too). As Bushwack said on WUP "Sometimes it's better to just nod and agree if you don't understand something" hehe... I do this a lot *facepalm*

Bro Ramadhan we need a facepalm smiley urgently hehe.

Yes, all 10 lambs are here :statisfie WOW. We still have some recruiting to do Bro Jedi... currently, we are 10. But insha-Allah, we'll try and get that up to 20.

NOTE: CosmicIntuition has problems accessing the site from her location - is there a quick fix? She wanted to thank everyone for their welcome but was unable to do so. S

Scimi
all I have to say to this is :wub: see ya later alligator! ;D

-Cosmic Intuition

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
wa Alaaykum as'Salaam wa Rahmatullaah wa Barahkaatuh

Welcome to the forum!

Once again, glad to have another sister on board, masha'Allaah.

hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit yourself inshaa'Allaah..
Alhamdullilah :) glad to meet new sisters! InshaAllah we can all benefit from each others contributions.

-Cosmic Intuition

Hamza Asadullah
11-12-2011, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicIntuition
Asalaam Aleikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakathu,

After contemplating it for a while, I finally decided to join the boards J My Fiance, Scimitar, pointed me this way a couple of months ago, but due to not-so-great experiences on other forums I was a bit reluctant. Anyhow, I’ve been lurking around here and there and seems like a good place to be inshallah, so here I am. :D

A bit about me, just so we can get acquainted. At this time, I’m a full time student, working on a B.A. of Islamic Studies. I’m an analyst by nature, therefore, I usually find myself involved in heavy research projects. At the moment I’m involved in two large ones, one of them being “The Sacrifices” by Scimitar Productions. For me, nothing is insignificant, and everything is worth viewing through a critical eye. Above all, The arts are my passion and currently in the creative department , photography is my focus (no pun intended looool), although my history in the Arts is a long one. Alhamdullilah. Enough about me though :statisfie

Our prophet , sallalahu Aleihi Wasalaam, said “Whoever seeks a way to acquire knowledge Allah will make easy his way to Paradise.” [Sahîh Muslim (2699)] There is always something new to learn, even with what we already think we understand. Perspectives differ from person to person, I find it quite beautiful and fascinating actually. Being open to others' points of view has greatly helped my understanding of things. Anyway, I hope I can get to know some of you and learn from those willing to share, and I hope to be able to contribute whatever I can, insha Allah.

-Cosmic Intuition
Asalaamu alaikum, glad to have you onboard my sister and to have you be part of the LI family. Knowledge is very important and Islam emphasises greatly on acquiring knowledge but we must also focus on acting upon the knowledge we acquire otherwise it can work against us on the day of Judgement.

Make yourself comfortable and if you need any help with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

Endymion
11-12-2011, 06:24 PM
:welcome: to the humble forum,dear sizta :statisfie

Its great to have another cool energetic sister joined the family :D

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu alaikum, glad to have you onboard my sister and to have you be part of the LI family. Knowledge is very important and Islam emphasises greatly on acquiring knowledge but we must also focus on acting upon the knowledge we acquire otherwise it can work against us on the day of Judgement.

Make yourself comfortable and if you need any help with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.
Waleikum asalaam :)

Yes I agree, with knowledge comes great responsibility, but you know, it's part of the beauty. When one understands it becomes easier to act upon things one learns, at least in my case it does Alhamdullilah. Thank you for the warm welcome brother! :)

-Cosmic Intuition

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-12-2011, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
:welcome: to the humble forum,dear sizta :statisfie

Its great to have another cool energetic sister joined the family :D
Thank you Ukhti! Great to be here :)

-Cosmic Intuition

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!