/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can we tell if Allah is pleased with us?

Salahudeen
11-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Any indications? likewise how can we tell if he's displeased with us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-10-2011, 01:39 AM
:sl:

I read somewhere that if we are able to worship Him more , can do more good deeds , then it's an indication that Allah is pleased with us. If our money , success , family matters keep us away from worshipping Him , then it's not a good sign .

And Allah Knows Best.

Flame of Hope
11-10-2011, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
How can we tell if Allah is pleased with us?

Here are some signs:

1. When you do not care what people think about your words and deeds.

2. When you begin to guard your tongue.

3. When you find that you are continually checking your intentions and analysing your reasons for doing things.

4. When the remembrance of Allah brings tears to your eyes.

5. When your heart becomes sensitive to the suffering of others.

6. When you put the needs of others before your own.

7. When you begin to hide your love for Allah in your heart.

8. When you begin to see good in everything.

9. When you begin to worship Allah as though you can see Him.

10. When you taste the sweetness of salat.

Just a few signs.....

:)

Insaanah
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM

We should do the deeds we do for Allah's sake, and hoping for His pleasure, but any signs that He's pleased with us, should be the signs that He Himself has told us indicate His pleasure.

Even rasoolullah :saws: used to pray to ask for Allah's pleasure, and seeking refuge from His anger and displeasure, even though he was the best human being.

For example, somebody who is afflicted with calamity after calamity, people (or the person himself) may perceive that as a sign of Allah's displeasure and punishment. But how do we know, that Allah may love that person, be pleased with the person's thoughts and conduct throughout those calamities, and want to bring the person closer to Him, and thus we've interpreted wrongly?

Also if we do certain good deeds, or behave a certain way, and think that may be a sign that Allah is pleased with us, how do we know that because of our thinking that, Allah won't be displeased with us for thinking that of our own volition, or that we may, at the same time as those deeds, be doing other deeds that anger Him.

I think it's best if we provide supporting evidence from Qur'an or ahadeeth, where either Allah or the Prophet :saws: give us the signs that indicate His Pleasure.

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

We should do the deeds we do for Allah's sake, and hoping for His pleasure, but not sure if it's a good idea to have signs that He's pleased with us, unless they are the signs that He Himself has told us indicate His pleasure.

Even rasoolullah :saws: used to pray to ask for Allah's pleasure, and seeking refuge from His anger and displeasure, even though he was the best human being.

For example, somebody who is afflicted with calamity after calamity, people may perceive that as a sign of Allah's displeasure and punishment. But how do we know, that Allah may love that person, be pleased with the person's thoughts and conduct throughout those calamities, and want to bring the person closer to Him, and thus we've interpreted wrongly?

Also if we do certain good deeds, or behave a certain way, and think that may be a sign that Allah is pleased with us, how do we know that because of our thinking that, Allah won't be displeased with us for thinking that of our own volition, or that we may, at the same time as those deeds, be doing other deeds that anger Him.

I think it's best if we provide supporting evidence from Qur'an or ahadeeth, where either Allah or the Prophet :saws: give us the signs that indicate His Pleasure.

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

There is too much correctness and decency towards Allah in what you said.
I guess you can't find a quran verse or a hadeeth saying that Allah is pleased with us if we see such and such signs. But many ulama' believe that if we find ourselves assiduous in our prayer and in doing good deeds, this implicitely means we are going in the right direction that Allah wants and therefore Allah is most likely pleased with us. But no one, even the sahaba, can tell for sure that Allah is pleased with him.

'Abd-al Latif
11-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Any indications? likewise how can we tell if he's displeased with us.
Of the countless signs that Allah is pleased with you is that He will increase His guidance and blessings upon you, try you with affliction and bless you with steadfastness therein and grant you a contented heart. He will open the doors to good deeds, grant you an understanding of Islam and cause you indulge in His remembrance during the day and night.

But do not let this sway you from your worship. Work towards the next life; only after death will you truly know your fate.

Flame of Hope
11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

We should do the deeds we do for Allah's sake, and hoping for His pleasure, but any signs that He's pleased with us, should be the signs that He Himself has told us indicate His pleasure.

For example, somebody who is afflicted with calamity after calamity, people may perceive that as a sign of Allah's displeasure and punishment. But how do we know, that Allah may love that person, be pleased with the person's thoughts and conduct throughout those calamities, and want to bring the person closer to Him, and thus we've interpreted wrongly?

:wa:

People may read the entire Qur'an and still not be moved by a single verse they read. This happens when Allah has not softened their hearts.

Those whose hearts ARE softened will find countless verses that tell us what it is exactly that pleases Allah.

Verses such as:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. - Sura 2:256

Indeed, they who have believed and done righteous deeds - those are the best of creatures. Their reward with Allah will be gardens of perpetual residence beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them and they with Him. That is for whoever has feared his Lord. - Sura 98: 7-8.

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith. - Sura 2:152

Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere... Sura 2: 155

Not to forget Sura Ikhlaas.... which is considered one third of the whole Qur'an.

When Allah grants knowledge and opens a person's heart to the understanding of the Qur'an... that is a big sign that He is pleased with you. Pleased enough to have granted you knowledge and understanding.

That a person is tested according to the level of his/her faith... is another matter.

Muslim Woman
11-12-2011, 12:45 AM

When you make dua it is a sign that Allaah loves you & has intended good for you."

(Imam Ibn al-Qayyim)

Flame of Hope
11-12-2011, 01:27 AM
how can we tell if he's displeased with us.

Some signs that Allah could be displeased with you:

1. When everything is going great. No hardships, no difficulties. Just ease, riches, comfort coming your way....for a long time.

2. When reading the Qur'an doesn't inspire you, move you, galvanize you into action.

3. When you are in a state of stagnation, in the "self-satisfied" mode, complacent and congratulating yourself on how well you're doing as a Muslim.

4. ...... and this is one that is a definite sign that He is displeased with you: Pride. When you become proud about anything you've done, accomplished or acquired. This is the stuff that requires a daily struggle. None of us is safe from this evil.

Abz2000
11-12-2011, 05:54 AM
How can we tell if Allah is pleased with us?
we can't, we just never lose hope.

Muslim Woman
01-14-2012, 03:15 PM

A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah

- Ibn Taymiyyah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!