PDA

View Full Version : Muslims accused of polluting Hajj grounds

sabr*
11-10-2011, 02:32 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Muslims are instructed to be conservationist and eco-friendly so
why the cultural and generational habits that are contrary
to our basic principals?

source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/08/world/meast/hajj-pilgrimage-climate-change/index.html? eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medi um=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

Jazakumullahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabr*
11-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Muslims the representatives of Allah on earth.

Al-An'am (The Cattle)

وَهُوَ الَّذِي جَعَلَكُمْ خَلاَئِفَ الأَرْضِ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَكُمْ فَوْقَ بَعْضٍ دَرَجَاتٍ لِّيَبْلُوَكُمْ فِي مَا آتَاكُمْ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ سَرِيعُ الْعِقَابِ وَإِنَّهُ لَغَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ (6:165)
Wahuwa allathee jaAAalakum khalaifa alardi warafaAAa baAAdakum fawqa baAAdin darajatin
liyabluwakum fee ma atakum inna rabbaka sareeAAu alAAiqabi wainnahu laghafoorun raheemun

6:165 (Y. Ali) It is He Who hath made you (His) agents, inheritors of the earth: He hath raised you in ranks,
some above others: that He may try you in the gifts He hath given you: for thy Lord is quick in punishment:
yet He is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

The Muslim principals and direction from Allah (The Creator of all that exists or will exist) is to be environmental conservationist.

Muslims are directed to observe moderation and balance. And avoid excess.

We don't need to wait until it is fashionable in the West to emulate what they make popular when Muslims
have had direction on being good stewards of the environment.

There is no tribal, cultural or ethnic habits that can overrule the guidance of a Muslim being environmentally friendly.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...445229564.html

islamica
11-11-2011, 02:32 AM
I liked some of the comments better then the CNN lies...

pakistani786
so the Muslims should stop breathing as they are producing pollution in the world and all of us must be killed because we are danger for the earth and we all are born terrorist,if we are not holding guns in our hands,we are distroying this earth by our breathing .you peoples have no limits of hate for Islam.

cnnpeace
Why does CNN have turn every positive thing to a negative thing. I mean, this goes for everything....they don't have to put bad pictures like that showing it as a "bad thing" They always do this

Istrt
Take every positive thing a Muslim do and try and turn it into something hazardous, I thought CNN wasn't FOX but it's becoming one rather soon.

equality81
I would of thought the bombs dropped on the muslims every year in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Palestine would contribute more to global warming. so far the U.S. has murdered over 1.5 Million Iraqi muslims, 500,000 Afghanistani Muslims, 100,000 Libyan Muslims, 60,000 Pakistani Muslims, and over 1,000,000 Palestinians most of which were women and children. The bombs it took to take the muslims out from f-16s and cluster bombs creates more climate change than any bombs from a suicide vests. Which by Peekaboo standards means Christians and Jews who are murdering Muslims everyday contribute to global warming

Pakistani786
you forgot to mention Heroshima and Nagasaki.

Nilkinggary
Interesting, but it's still quite a stretch to link Hajj to global warming.

sabr*
11-11-2011, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
I liked some of the comments better then the CNN lies...

pakistani786
so the Muslims should stop breathing as they are producing pollution in the world and all
of us must be killed because we are danger for the earth and we all are born terrorist,if we are
not holding guns in our hands,we are distroying this earth by our breathing .you peoples have no limits of hate for Islam.

cnnpeace
Why does CNN have turn every positive thing to a negative thing. I mean, this goes for everything....
they don't have to put bad pictures like that showing it as a "bad thing" They always do this

Istrt
Take every positive thing a Muslim do and try and turn it into something hazardous,
I thought CNN wasn't FOX but it's becoming one rather soon.

equality81
I would of thought the bombs dropped on the muslims every year in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan,
Pakistan, and Palestine would contribute more to global warming. so far the U.S. has murdered over 1.5 Million Iraqi muslims,
500,000 Afghanistani Muslims, 100,000 Libyan Muslims, 60,000 Pakistani Muslims, and over 1,000,000 Palestinians
most of which were women and children. The bombs it took to take the muslims out from f-16s and cluster bombs
creates more climate change than any bombs from a suicide vests. Which by Peekaboo standards means Christians
and Jews who are murdering Muslims everyday contribute to global warming

Pakistani786
you forgot to mention Heroshima and Nagasaki.

Nilkinggary
Interesting, but it's still quite a stretch to link Hajj to global warming.
Ukhti islamica:

You either didn't understand the importance of Muslims being in the forefront
of being good stewards of administering what Allah commanded as his
representatives on earth or you have concluded that being environmentally
conscious is something the enemies of Islam created.

The following are organizations of Muslims who understand conservationism
and being stewards of the environment and don't have to wait until it is
fashionable or dictated by the Monarchs.

http://www.arcworld.org/projects.asp?projectID=521

http://hopebuilding.pbworks.com/w/pa...20their%20seas

The Monarchy has the wealth and capacity to recycle and implement anything that
promotes what Allah has instructed as in moderation. Muslims don't require the West
to dictate the intelligent reasons to be environmentally conscious.
The Rail system currently being built in Hijaz which will help.

The acceptance by the masses usually occurs when the calamity is
so great they are unable to deny or are forced to accept.

Similar to the thought of the American Republican Party who deny science because
it effects their business interests.

Caring for the environment isn't an attack on anyone's defense of the Kings and Monarchs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
the beginning of the thread singled out muslims as a non-personal third party rather than "we" as in humans.
i'm pretty certain that 2 million people at hajj cause a lot less pollution than two million people in washington or new york.
the content of the article defies the implied claim of showing concern for the environment

sabr*
11-12-2011, 09:11 PM

The title of the thread is Muslims are accused of polluting.

We expected the defense of anything even if done incorrectly
to be defended. We don't take the lead from the West or
Monarchies who are puppets of the West.

Some would present Muslims as primitive and backwards.

The majority of Muslims we engage daily and throughout
our global travels are progressive and intelligent.

Preserving what Allah has entrusted Muslims is a blessing.

We will continue to promote the solutions Allah has provided.

Dagless
11-12-2011, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
the beginning of the thread singled out muslims as a non-personal third party rather than "we" as in humans.
i'm pretty certain that 2 million people at hajj cause a lot less pollution than two million people in washington or new york.
the content of the article defies the implied claim of showing concern for the environment
Completely agree with this. Yes it would be nice if Saudi made everything more eco friendly but the article is making a big issue out of something relatively small.
2.5 million people go to Hajj every year and they're worried about the coach fumes and energy wasted :S More people than that commute into London every day! Surely they cause more pollution and energy wastage per year? This is a problem for all cities, not just one.

FS123
11-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I was there, i didn't read the article it may or may not be biased. But culture of some muslims is pretty much against the spirit of Islam. In Ihram, are person is not suppose to take other peoples stuff, but there were muslims in Ihram who were taking other peoples stuff without asking. For example, phone re-charger. One guy lost his re-charger in arafat, one used mine without asking, if I wasn't careful I would have lost mine too. And to these guys, it didn't seemed wrong. I always ask when I use someone elses stuff, thats what my mother taught. There were few other things, I don't want to mention. One problem was backbiting, esp among the women. Even during hajj these women were talking something bad about other person they didn't like then blaming the person for ruining their hajj. Hello, you guys were talking bad, nobody forced you, don't blame the person.

sabr*
11-14-2011, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
I was there, i didn't read the article it may or may not be biased.
But culture of some Muslims is pretty much against the spirit of Islam. In Ihram, are person is not
suppose to take other peoples stuff, but there were Muslims in Ihram who were taking other
peoples stuff without asking. For example, phone re-charger. One guy lost his re-charger in Arafat,
one used mine without asking, if I wasn't careful I would have lost mine too.

And to these guys, it didn't seemed wrong. I always ask when I use someone else s stuff, that
is what my mother taught. There were few other things, I don't want to mention. One problem was
backbiting, esp among the women. Even during hajj these women were talking something bad
about other person they didn't like then blaming the person for ruining their hajj.
Hello, you guys were talking bad, nobody forced you, don't blame the person.

Ahki FS123:

We put the best construction on your personal account of
what you experienced while performing Hajj. We perform
du'a that Allah will accept your worship during Hajj.

We only desire to make Allah's word superior. Not
interested in massaging any cultural, ethnic or
tribal biases. It is a challenge but nothing that
will prevent us from continuing educating practicing
Muslims of our responsibility. Truth is a priority before
image control.

From your personal experience in 2011 Hajj what
do you think we as practicing Muslims can do
make the conditions of Hajj better?

Ramadhan
11-14-2011, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
I was there, i didn't read the article it may or may not be biased. But culture of some muslims is pretty much against the spirit of Islam. In Ihram, are person is not suppose to take other peoples stuff, but there were muslims in Ihram who were taking other peoples stuff without asking. For example, phone re-charger. One guy lost his re-charger in arafat, one used mine without asking, if I wasn't careful I would have lost mine too. And to these guys, it didn't seemed wrong. I always ask when I use someone elses stuff, thats what my mother taught. There were few other things, I don't want to mention. One problem was backbiting, esp among the women. Even during hajj these women were talking something bad about other person they didn't like then blaming the person for ruining their hajj. Hello, you guys were talking bad, nobody forced you, don't blame the person.
:sl:

I believe anything we experience during haj is part of our test to see if our hajj is accepted by Allah SWT.
So for example, if we lose our belonging, we should look into ourselves, have sabr, and say istighfar. If we do anything remotely wrong, we need to ask forgiveness immediately.

FS123
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

:sl:

I believe anything we experience during haj is part of our test to see if our hajj is accepted by Allah SWT.
So for example, if we lose our belonging, we should look into ourselves, have sabr, and say istighfar. If we do anything remotely wrong, we need to ask forgiveness immediately.
That is correct, but it is part of being in ihram to morally reform ourselves. There were people who were in the correct spirit, where not touching other peoples' belonging because that might be held accountable in front of Allah. On the other hand, there were people who had no regard, for them it was the ritual, but spirit of ihram and hajj was not there.

FS123
11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Ahki
From your personal experience in 2011 Hajj what
do you think we as practicing Muslims can do
make the conditions of Hajj better?
Imo, dawa to muslims. Ritual everybody knows and thats what they learn and come, but we should equal give focus on the spirit too so they can make the most benefit out of these rituals.

Correct spirit bring changes like these

Second, there are lot of people in hajj since it is so easy to travel. Not sure what to do about it but, after arafat there is traffic jam for hours. And I heard there were buses who did not reach mudalifa till morning.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!