/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Do You View Your Life?

Flame of Hope
11-12-2011, 07:11 AM
:sl:

How do you view your life?

Was your view on life different one year ago?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
11-12-2011, 09:04 AM

I can definitely say that I am not the same person that I was a year ago. I am much more self-aware now than I ever was. I'm not where I want to be, but I think that I know more or less where I want to be, and I am trying to get to that stage. I have to learn to love myself, and that is the hardest thing for me to do.

There's a lot that I don't agree with in terms of faith, but I figure that as long as I do the right things and say the right things for the right reasons, then that's all that matters. How I get there is of no matter, as long as I get there.

But first, I have to love myself.

Flame of Hope
11-12-2011, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
I can definitely say that I am not the same person that I was a year ago. I am much more self-aware now than I ever was. I'm not where I want to be, but I think that I know more or less where I want to be, and I am trying to get to that stage. I have to learn to love myself, and that is the hardest thing for me to do.

There's a lot that I don't agree with in terms of faith, but I figure that as long as I do the right things and say the right things for the right reasons, then that's all that matters. How I get there is of no matter, as long as I get there.

But first, I have to love myself.
:wa:

Ah, brother King of Nines. I see you're angry. Angry white guy? Angry with yourself?

Or angry with life? People?

Reflections
11-12-2011, 06:10 PM
None of the options to vote would explain my life...life is like a rollercoaster, sometimes it goes up and works in your favour and sometimes it hits rock bottom but it's a the qadr of Allah so I say Alhumdulilah for everything Allah has granted me and for everything He hasn't put in my path.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
11-12-2011, 07:24 PM

I view my life as a comedy of errors.

I'm always going to make mistakes..... but making those mistakes has made me what I am today.

I started off as a very shy young girl until a remark made by my fourth grade teacher made me come out of my shell. She said to my parents, "Your daughter is very shy."

I overheard that. And I became quite daring afterwards. Even rebellious. lol.

I still got the same attitude. Got into trouble and massive heart pain.... you know, the kind of pain you suffer from after making mistakes..

It's called remorse. And I can tell you straight that this stuff is very very very painful stuff. It is akin to a fire that burns you even worse than a real fire burns you.

Yet, that kind of fire than burns you from deep within has a cleansing effect. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

I think it was Ali ibn Abu Talib who said this: "It is better to refrain than to repent."

LOL. That is really true. Because that repentance thing is really really painful and hard to endure.

So.... learning self-restraint is definitely better. I understand. Still.... I dare to continue making mistakes. I dare ..... because that is one of the best ways to learn the best lessons in life.

Making mistakes.... they are what keeps me on the right track....

Ironic, isn't it? ;)

GuestFellow
11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
My life is pretty normal.

marwen
11-12-2011, 08:19 PM
At first I thought the Q was : "How Do You View Your Wife?"
I guess the poll options still make sense, for married brothers :unsure:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!