/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dont's!

Huzzy_786
11-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Don't say HELLO ♥ Say ASSALAMUALAIKUM .
Don't say THANKS ♥ Say JAZAK ALLAH KHAIRAN
Don't say TAKE CARE , BYE ♥ Say FII AMAN ALLAH .
Don't say GREAT ♥ Say MA SHA ALLAH .
Don't say OKAY ♥ Say IN SHA ALLAH .
Don't say I AM FINE ♥ Say ALHAMDULILLAH .
Don't say WOW ♥ Say SUBHAN ALLAH.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Marina-Aisha
11-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Wot do those all mean? For some of us who don't know arabic ;p

Asiyah3
11-18-2011, 10:24 PM
*double post* (Please see below)

Asiyah3
11-18-2011, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
Wot do those all mean? For some of us who don't know arabic ;p
Don't say HELLO ♥ Say ASSALAMUALAIKUM . = Peace be upon you.
Don't say THANKS ♥ Say JAZAK ALLAH KHAIRAN = May Allah reward you with blessings/goodness.
Don't say GREAT ♥ Say MA SHA ALLAH . = As Allah has willed. For example, masha'Allah (as Allah has willed), the sky looks incredibly beautiful.
Don't say OKAY ♥ Say IN SHA ALLAH . = If Allah wills. For example, tomorrow I will go shopping, if Allah wills (inshaAllah)
Don't say I AM FINE ♥ Say ALHAMDULILLAH . = Praise be to Allah
Don't say WOW ♥ Say SUBHAN ALLAH. = Glory be to Allah

Please feel free to correct me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
11-19-2011, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
Don't say HELLO ♥ Say ASSALAMUALAIKUM . = Peace be upon you.
Don't say THANKS ♥ Say JAZAK ALLAH KHAIRAN = May Allah reward you with blessings/goodness.
Don't say GREAT ♥ Say MA SHA ALLAH . = As Allah has willed. For example, masha'Allah (as Allah has willed), the sky looks incredibly beautiful.
Don't say OKAY ♥ Say IN SHA ALLAH . = If Allah wills. For example, tomorrow I will go shopping, if Allah wills (inshaAllah)
Don't say I AM FINE ♥ Say ALHAMDULILLAH . = Praise be to Allah
Don't say WOW ♥ Say SUBHAN ALLAH. = Glory be to Allah

Please feel free to correct me.
coool thanx now i know wot they mean i can use some of them :statisfie

Innocent Soul
11-19-2011, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Don't say TAKE CARE , BYE ♥ Say FII AMAN ALLAH .
I want to know the meaning of this ^. I have heard of it earlier but didn't use it cause I don't know the meaning.

Haya emaan
11-19-2011, 09:34 AM
^ FII AMAN ALLAH means in protection of Allah

Huzzy_786
11-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Inshallah if we start using these words then allah may give more reward and also more blessings in the things we do.!

Samiun
11-19-2011, 03:42 PM
:sl:, I don't know why but I feel shy and nervous if I say it in front of people...

Snowflake
11-19-2011, 05:05 PM
^That sometimes happen when you're saying new words cuz you think you'll forget midway and make a fool of yourself. But if you keep practicing them, you'll start saying them with more confidence insha Allah.

ardianto
11-19-2011, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
I don't know why but I feel shy and nervous if I say it in front of people...
:sl:

Have you read my reply on your thread ?

Okay, I will add something. Although I never say "Assalamualaikum" to non-Muslim, when they asked about me I always replied with "Alhamdulillah, I am fine", and when I made promise to them, I always say "InshaAllah".

Don't be shy to say "Inshaallah, Alhamdulillah, Subhanallah, or Masha Allah" when you talk with non-Muslims. That's your identity as a Muslims.

Riana17
11-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah Brother Ardianto,, good points! and I am happy whenever I uses Allah and not God or Dios in my native language, now my mom uses Allah too and I was too surprise when my Hindu officemate (she seats next to prayer room) uses Allah the other day, I guess she observed we Muslims pray 5times a day so whenever she has prayer she ask me to pray to Allah for her. May Allah guide us all, Amen

Huzzy_786
11-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I agree with the point brother ardianto made. However this could also be the means of giving dawah! You know, if they are unsure about the meaning, they will ask you what it means, and they will be wow'ed upon the uniqeuness of this religion, because we remember allah in each sentence of our speech, Alhamdulillah!

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Bumpty :bump:

Good reminder for us all :D

Sunnie Ameena
05-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Assalumu Alaikum
Thank you for sharing this thread. I have written them done, and will try to include them when I am speaking to others, In Sha Allah.
So if I am writing a letter or such, would it be correct to put Alhamdulillah at the end of my letter, so I can give Him the praise?

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie Ameena
So if I am writing a letter or such, would it be correct to put Alhamdulillah at the end of my letter, so I can give Him the praise?
What sort of letter sis?

Sunnie Ameena
05-30-2012, 03:00 PM
"Letter" like if I am corresponding with someone. If I write someone a letter or a note, would it be correct to put Alhamdulillah at the bottom of the page where I sign off. Like at the end of this one, could I put that?

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't see there could be any problem with that :statisfie

MysticSoumeya
06-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Jazakallah for this thread.

Muhaba
06-08-2012, 08:46 PM
that is so beautiful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!