/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is asking questions of exams cheating?

Asiyah3
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
:sl:

This Friday I will have a quiz/exam, inshaAllah. A friend of mine has taken a picture of the exam from her phone's camera secretly, without the professor's knowledge. Is it permissible for me to take the questions from her?

Is this considered cheating?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
esperanza
11-14-2011, 11:55 AM
well obviouly this is cheating,,,you will have seen the exam...AND KNOW THE QUESIOTNS

~Raindrop~
11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Yup, that's cheating.
You need to resist temptation!

Asiyah3
11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by esperanza
well obviouly this is cheating,,,you will have seen the exam...AND KNOW THE QUESIOTNS
I see. Jazakiallahu khair for the answer.

If my other classmate asks me to give her the questions from my friend, I will refuse inshaAllah. Since this is cheating, I'd be helping her in cheating if I'd agree.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
11-14-2011, 12:24 PM
***edit*** (got my answer, al-hamdulillah)

Asiyah3
11-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Since we're on the topic, here's a few hadiths regarding cheating.

The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by a pile of food and put his hand into it, and his fingers touched something wet. He said, “What is this, O seller of the food?” The man said, “It got rained on, O Messenger of Allaah.” He said, “Why did you not put it (the wet part) on top of the pile so that the people could see it? He who deceives does not belong to me.” According to other reports, “He who deceives us is not one of us,” or, “He is not one of us who deceives us.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Muslim (102) also narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever cheats (or deceives) does not belong to me.”

and an article for more information:
Islam QA

syed1
11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
This Friday I will have a quiz/exam, inshaAllah. A friend of mine has taken a picture of the exam from her phone's camera secretly, without the professor's knowledge. Is it permissible for me to take the questions from her?

Is this considered cheating?
how old are you ? is this exam being taken at a university/college?

The mere fact that you are asking such a question (which a reasonable person would assume to be cheating ) kind of scares me..

I think you really wanted to cheat and tried to find a someone to agree with you so that you could cheat not feeling guilty :p

anyways, good luck on your exam!

Asiyah3
11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
how old are you ? is this exam being taken at a university/college?
I'm 19, and yes, at university.

I think you really wanted to cheat and tried to find a someone to agree with you so that you could cheat not feeling guilty :p

anyways, good luck on your exam!
Jazakallahu khair. I appreciate your honesty in saying things as you see them. May Allah show us the haqq as haqq and baatil as baatil.

SyrianFellow
12-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Resist the temptation, and inshAllah Allah will reward you for it.

Asiyah3
12-13-2011, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SyrianFellow
Resist the temptation, and inshAllah Allah will reward you for it.
Allah did and is rewarding me. He has given me grades and knowledge I could've never even thought of, al-hamdulillah al-hamdulillah. :)
May Allah make our intention for His sake.

Jazakumullahu khair for the help.

CosmicPathos
12-14-2011, 04:29 AM
She took picture of her exam during her exam? Then giving it to you would be cheating.

Also sharing the questions that were on her exam purely from her memory with you would also be cheating, especially if she had to sign a contract that she wont share the info with anyone else.

That being said, if she did not have any such contract to sign, I encourage you to ask questions from her memory that were on her exam. I do not think this is cheating. Everyone else in your class is gonna be doing this. Why are you gonna put yourself at disadvantage compared to other people who probably most likely would already have asked their friends what was on the exam? Wallahu Aalim.

Asiyah3
12-14-2011, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
That being said, if she did not have any such contract to sign, I encourage you to ask questions from her memory that were on her exam. I do not think this is cheating. Everyone else in your class is gonna be doing this. Why are you gonna put yourself at disadvantage compared to other people who probably most likely would already have asked their friends what was on the exam? Wallahu Aalim.
I agree with your opinion, since so far there's nothing telling me it's forbidden, from memory. though I don't like it's justification. We shouldn't do things because others are doing it, nor because it will cause us worldly loss.

CosmicPathos
12-15-2011, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
I agree with your opinion, since so far there's nothing telling me it's forbidden, from memory. though I don't like it's justification. We shouldn't do things because others are doing it, nor because it will cause us worldly loss.
Yea I was just testing you if you will follow something if the whole world is doing it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!