/* */

PDA

View Full Version : using miswaak

nutty
11-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Asslamun alaikum

Insha-Allaah ive started using the miswaak..my question is

after washing our wrist three times is that when we use the miswaak nd brush our teeth before gargling or do we use the miswaak before actually startin the wudu

jazak-Allaah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
11-14-2011, 11:05 PM
I've never heard of using miswaak during wudoo'
Is there any such hadith?

Hamza Asadullah
11-16-2011, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Asslamun alaikum

Insha-Allaah ive started using the miswaak..my question is

after washing our wrist three times is that when we use the miswaak nd brush our teeth before gargling or do we use the miswaak before actually startin the wudu

jazak-Allaah
:sl:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallim) said: “Were it not for the fact that I did not want to make things too hard for my ummah, I would have commanded them to use the siwaak at every time of prayer.”
(Bukhaari, 2/299)

According to another report by Bukhari he said: “…at every time of making wudoo’”

The Miswak can be used before or after Gargling depending on whether ones gums tends to bleed or not. If ones gums does bleed then best to make miswaak before gargling. If it does not then one can use it after gargling. In the Hanafi madhab it is stressed to make Miswaak in Wudu and not just before prayer because bleeding gums can break the Wudu. Shafi'i allows the Miswaak just before prayers.

And Allah knows best in all matters

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!