/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Atrocities against Iraqis

جوري
11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
John Needham, Iraq Veteran, Accuses Army Of War Crimes

digg reddit stumble

This weekend's CBS show "48 Hours Mystery" focused on John Needham, a young veteran from the war in Iraq who allegedly brutally killed his girlfriend in 2008 and died two years later.
In the episode, CBS describes how Needham claimed to have witnessed horrendous atrocities committed by his unit against Iraqis during their deployment in the country. In a letter to senior army officials, Needham wrote that he suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and depression. He described what he called war crimes, asked for an investigation and requested to be assigned to a different unit.
The Veterans Project quotes Needham's letter:
In June of 2007 1SG Spry caused an Iraqi male to be stopped, questioned, detained, and killed. We had no evidence that the Iraqi was an insurgent or terrorist. In any event when we stopped he did not pose a threat. Although I did not personally witness the killing, I did observe 1sg Spry dismembering the body and parading of it while it was tied to the hood of a Humvee around the Muhalla neighborhood while the interpreter blared out warnings in Arabic over the loud speaker.
Needham described other alleged atrocities. According to his letter, he witnessed Iraqi teenagers being beaten by American soldiers. He also alleged that American troops paraded dead bodies on top of their humvees, skinned an Iraqi's face and tore the brain out from a body.
Needham included photos in his letter.
Needham believed that the Army never acted on his testimony. "They took it all down, said thank you for your information and I never heard anything again," he said, according to CBS.
Yet "48 Hours Mystery" obtained parts of an army document that reportedly shows the military did in fact conduct an investigation. The report concluded that there were no war crimes.

From CBS:

Another soldier described the gloved hand as "picking up brain matter so no kids or dogs can play with it." The report concluded the "offense of War Crimes did not occur."
In 2008, police arrested Needham after receiving a domestic violence call. They found his girlfriend, Jacquelyn Joann Villagomez, in a nearby room, badly beaten. She died in the hospital.
Needham died in 2010 after overdosing on painkillers.
Needham's full letter is available on the website of the Veterans Project. WARNING: The page contains extremely disturbing photos of mutilated bodies.
The "48 Hours" report can be seen below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/john-needham-iraq-veteran_n_1093454.html?ref=world&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl7|sec3_lnk1|112538

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fakrun
11-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I think I'm going to be sick...

I couldn't even finish reading....omg...I got about as far down as skinning the face and I was done...I can't read more...

Jazakallah khair for...well, for having a better stomach than I.

Abz2000
11-15-2011, 05:24 PM
inshaAllah - Obama, bush, hillary et al will still be alive when we get them,

Ali_008
11-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Leaves me speechless yet unsurprised. This information does not even need any evaluation, it should just be taken for granted because the entire world knows, it's true.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-16-2011, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fakrun
I think I'm going to be sick...

I couldn't even finish reading....omg...I got about as far down as skinning the face and I was done...I can't read more...

Jazakallah khair for...well, for having a better stomach than I.
better stomach? No, the least I could do is acknowlede their pain.. Someones father didn't come home because some callous satanist from the U.S decided to assassinate him and parade him around on his humvees .. May these foreign forces get everything evil that's coming to them in this life and the next!

Ameen

truthseeker63
11-16-2011, 07:26 PM
The Iraq Sanctions killed many Iraqis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_sanctions

Flame of Hope
11-16-2011, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
John Needham, Iraq Veteran, Accuses Army Of War Crimes

digg reddit stumble

This weekend's CBS show "48 Hours Mystery" focused on John Needham, a young veteran from the war in Iraq who allegedly brutally killed his girlfriend in 2008 and died two years later.
In the episode, CBS describes how Needham claimed to have witnessed horrendous atrocities committed by his unit against Iraqis during their deployment in the country. In a letter to senior army officials, Needham wrote that he suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and depression. He described what he called war crimes, asked for an investigation and requested to be assigned to a different unit.
The Veterans Project quotes Needham's letter:
In June of 2007 1SG Spry caused an Iraqi male to be stopped, questioned, detained, and killed. We had no evidence that the Iraqi was an insurgent or terrorist. In any event when we stopped he did not pose a threat. Although I did not personally witness the killing, I did observe 1sg Spry dismembering the body and parading of it while it was tied to the hood of a Humvee around the Muhalla neighborhood while the interpreter blared out warnings in Arabic over the loud speaker.
Needham described other alleged atrocities. According to his letter, he witnessed Iraqi teenagers being beaten by American soldiers. He also alleged that American troops paraded dead bodies on top of their humvees, skinned an Iraqi's face and tore the brain out from a body.
Needham included photos in his letter.
Needham believed that the Army never acted on his testimony. "They took it all down, said thank you for your information and I never heard anything again," he said, according to CBS.
Yet "48 Hours Mystery" obtained parts of an army document that reportedly shows the military did in fact conduct an investigation. The report concluded that there were no war crimes.

From CBS:

Another soldier described the gloved hand as "picking up brain matter so no kids or dogs can play with it." The report concluded the "offense of War Crimes did not occur."
In 2008, police arrested Needham after receiving a domestic violence call. They found his girlfriend, Jacquelyn Joann Villagomez, in a nearby room, badly beaten. She died in the hospital.
Needham died in 2010 after overdosing on painkillers.
Needham's full letter is available on the website of the Veterans Project. WARNING: The page contains extremely disturbing photos of mutilated bodies.
The "48 Hours" report can be seen below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/john-needham-iraq-veteran_n_1093454.html?ref=world&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl7|sec3_lnk1|112538
:sl:

There are countless things "evil" going on in this world. The job of the media is to present shocking news to people..... in order to get news readership. They get this readership by spicing up their stories.

I never concern myself with such bits of news, especially one that provides such gruesome details of crime.

What does it prove anyway? That so and so is soooo evil? Okay..... so, so and so is evil. The whole world is evil. What are you going to do about it?

Rant about it? Get upset about it? Curse those evil people and wrong-doers?

A TOTAL waste of time!

We shouldn't be so concerned about the deeds of others..... when we are not going to be held accountable for the deeds of others.

Those who commit evil deeds will be assuredly held accountable for what they do and have done. But that is God's job. Not ours.

We should be concerned about rectifying our own affairs, setting our own house in order and correcting ourselves before we even lift our eyes to see what others are doing.

Whatever it is that people do, why should it be any of our business? Why the desire to know what's happening in this person's house/country or that person's house/country?

The news that comes to us also isn't complete. It is a report coming from someone who may not be entirely trustworthy. Or it may only present one side of the story.

It is only Allah who knows the truth regarding any story.... whether it is the story of September 11, bin Laden or this story posted above.

It is pointless to engage in speculation. Who is right? Who is wrong? What is the real truth? Who is really guilty?

All this finger-pointing and blame!! For WHAT??

Talk about evil....... and you spread evil. You help spread mischief in the land.

Let's remember this verse from the Qur'an:

"Allah does not like the public mention of evil except by one who has been wronged. And ever is Allah Hearing and Knowing." - Qur'an 4:148

جوري
11-16-2011, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham
A TOTAL waste of time!
The one who doesn't concern himself with the affairs of Muslims isn't one of them..

best,

Insaanah
11-16-2011, 11:03 PM

We should be concerned about rectifying our own affairs, setting our own house in order and correcting ourselves before we even lift our eyes to see what others are doing.
May Allah protect us from the day when we don't even lift our eyes to see what others are doing to our brothers and sisters around the world, and engross ourselves in worrying about ourselves only.

What are you going to do about it?

Rant about it? Get upset about it? Curse those evil people and wrong-doers?

A TOTAL waste of time!
The very least a Muslim can do, is to make du3a for our oppressed brothers and sisters around the globe.

جوري
11-16-2011, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

May Allah protect us from the day when we don't even lift our eyes to see what others are doing to our brothers and sisters around the world, and engross ourselves in worrying about ourselves only.

The very least a Muslim can do, is to make du3a for our oppressed brothers and sisters around the globe.
I get the feeling judging by the posts here & those that were removed that we should turn a blind eye to humans massacred in the worst possible fashion for a number of reasons.
1- we supposedly get upset when people mention what terrorists we're and so ignoring this will make us more appealing to the warmongers!
2- we can't do anything about it by our very nature except hurt the sensibilities of those who would rather rant about personal problems!
3- an American veteran held an Iraqi child for a picture out of compassion as if an ostentatious act justifies all the other war crimes & appease our questioning of the legitimacy of their occupation!
4- When we hear about invading forces killing, raping, pillaging, posing dead civilians for lewd S&M pictures it is just one or two individuals and the rest are angels who like to hold children for pictures
5- & of course last but certainly highest on the agenda one of the members here has a hellish life and we should take her hellish life into consideration when discussing people being skinned alive as to not injure her sensibilities!..

There's a really simple thing that people who are upset by the realities of life can do and it is certainly their privilege to not click on the link or read its contents. But I'll be da***d if they tell me what not to read or post!

it is getting sickening really for a whole other set of reasons!

Ghazalah
11-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Talk about evil....... and you spread evil. You help spread mischief in the land.
So we stay quite on the evil and oppression against our brothers and sisters around the world? If we don't speak up for them then who will?

I understand your point sis, but it's taken out of context somewhat. The hadith of the Prophet whereby the ummah is like a whole body, if one a part is hurt, the whole body feels it. We cannot turn a blind eye to the evil committed against our brothers and sisters, we should feel their pain and ask Allah swt to protect them and always be with them inshAllah.

Abz2000
11-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Several hadîth related from the Prophet (peace be upon him) come with strong warnings for those who neglect the duty of enjoining good and forbidding wrong.
The entire nation could receive punishment if this obligation is totally ignored.
Hudhayfah b. al-Yamân relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, you will enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong,
or Allah will punish you.
Then when you call on Him, He will not answer you.”
[Musnad Ahmad and and Sunan al-Tirmidhî]

i notice myself going astray and feeling humiliation unless i feel fury at evil and rage against it.
dunno - it feels like i become desensitized to evil if i pass by without at least hating it.
And Allah (swt) knows best.

sister herb
11-17-2011, 06:28 AM
The one who doesn't concern himself with the affairs of Muslims isn't one of them..

best,
Salam alaykum;

kind of comments are meant to hurt others feelings and disrespect they opinions. Sad to see them spreading also in islamic forums. Lets Allah only to judge who is one of muslims and who is not.

best to you too

sister herb
11-17-2011, 06:36 AM
We should be concerned about rectifying our own affairs, setting our own house in order and correcting ourselves before we even lift our eyes to see what others are doing."Allah does not like the public mention of evil except by one who has been wronged. And ever is Allah Hearing and Knowing." - Qur'an 4:148
I feel this mean as our ummah should be in order first before we start to find quilty to our own problems from outside.

Sorry write this in hurry...

جوري
11-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I had no intention of being hurtful rather the intent of being truthful!
And based on several posts in kind some which were removed!
Your friend is not more important to me than Muslims especially those who suffer so much and on daily basis. Perhaps it's prudent she skips these threads all together than descend on us with the all too frequent drive by shootings!

:w:

esperanza
11-17-2011, 11:53 AM
assalam a lakyum

im not coming here to say who is right or wrong..
but we should all learn to respect other peoples opinions whether we know them or not,whether they are muslim or non muslim

i dont think anyone is trivalising the suffering ..everyone is disturbed by it

but one thing inotie people may greter outcries against suffering aused by non muslims ..than those by muslims

muslims are torturing and mudering their own people right now in syria,,,,

why dont we get so worked up about that

we have to change oursleves\ before we expect others to change

how can you expect the world to have a good view of muslims,,,when they portray such a bad image daily

we should all work to improve oursleves improve our ommunities improve muslim countries...rahter than onlty criticising those who are against us

maybe if they saw a different image,not so many people would be against us

but when even non muslims in a forum fell they are treated didfferntly ..imagine on a worldwide scale

im not here to offend or
criticise anyone ..just a general statement

we have a saying in ernglish" those in glass houses should not throw stones"

جوري
11-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Sr insannah summed it up far more eloquently than I could on 4 hr. Sleep.
I'd like to keep the fact that Bashar Asad is a 'ilawii and not Muslim nor is he governing by Islam. He's a dream come true to the west much like his other despotic counterparts .. It's no reflection on Islam nor Muslims!

Insaanah
11-17-2011, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by esperanza
how can you expect the world to have a good view of muslims,,,when they portray such a bad image daily
I disagree. Muslims do not portray a bad image daily, and that is an affront to the majority of Muslims. Rather the media picks only the bad to portray. Muslims across the globe who make high acheivements, contribute to their communities, campaign for justice, and those simply going about their daily lives, are all ignored by the media.

we should all work to improve oursleves improve our ommunities improve muslim countries...rahter than onlty criticising those who are against us
Nobody has suggested that we do not need to improve ourselves. But it is our duty to at least highlight the plight of those suffering, to speak out against injustice and oppression, and to make du3a for those undergoing it. That is the very least we can do for them.

maybe if they saw a different image,not so many people would be against us
The correct practice of Islam is a threat to "them" because it challenges the systems that they are championing and forcing upon other countries by invading them. I don't see any Muslims doing this. Yet somehow we feel this inferiority complex, this need to please them, despite what they are doing.

The correct practice of Islam shows that there is a better way, and they perceive that to be a direct threat to their world rule and domination. Let nobody be under any illusion that Muslims somehow need to present a different "image", or that Islam somehow needs to change in order for the world to have a better opinion of us. We do not seek to please them, and it is not their opinion that matters, but that of Allah, Exalted and Glorified be He.

We will not be timid, quiet and accepting of injustice, no matter how much they may want that, and no matter how much that may be their heart's desire, and may Allah save us from that.

Flame of Hope
11-17-2011, 05:22 PM

Is that a hadith of the Prophet (saws)? I'd like to know which one it is.

I do know of these hadiths though:

1. From Abû Hurayrah (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that Allâh's Messenger said:

"From the perfection of a person's Islâm is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him."
- Reported by at-Tirmidhee (no.2318)

2. 'Abd Allah reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "A believer is not a fault-finder and is not abusive, obscene, or course." - (Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners 313, Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim)

And I know of this verse in the Qur'an:

Those who love (to see) scandal published (and) broadcast among the Believers will have a grievous Penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: Allah knows and ye know not. (Quran, 19-24)

It is for this reason I do not read the newspapers. They are full of scandal.

There is absolutely nothing I can do about people who are being tortured right now in another part of the world. Brothers and sisters you say? Well, all human beings are children of Adam..... and they are all our brothers and sisters. I am against crimes being committed against any human being... not just crimes committed against Muslims.

If the newspapers talk about atrocities committed against Muslims, they also talk about atrocities committed against Chrisitians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews.

Why aren't Muslims concerned about the suffering of non-Muslims?

The news is full of tales of human suffering..... and such news comes from all corners of the globe.

If I were to spend my time reading such stories, what good is that going to do for me?

I would rather leave those matters alone and concern myself with things that are within my power to do.

The local masjid needs help. I would donate money as much as I can to my local masjid. No.... I wouldn't send my money to a masjid far far away, to another country.

My neighbor is old and needs help mowing the lawn. I would send my son to help him mow the lawn.

Someone's car broke down and so needs a few dollars to pay for bus fare to get home. I would gladly help pay that bus fare.

A little boy fell down and got a bruise on his knee. I would help him up and put a band aid on his wound.

A sister is depressed and sad. I would do what I can to cheer her up.

So....... I concern myself with the things that are within my ability to do.... things that are of benefit.

And I leave alone matters that are beyond my control.

And if I have nothing good to say.... I would rather be silent.

If you think that disqualifies me from being Muslim....... that is your judgment.

All I care about is the judgment of God.

جوري
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM

Is that a hadith of the Prophet (saws)? I'd like to know which one it is.
wa3lykoum aslaam.
Indeed
there you go ( I have taken the liberty to translate some in the subsequent post)

حديث من لم يهتم بأمر المسلمين فليس منهم صحيح بشواهده وزلة الشعراوي وليس كل من حفظ المتون والشروح دليل على إخلاصه

والحث على التراحم بين المسلمين، والتعاون فيما بينهم، ويغني عن هذا الحديث قوله صلى الله عليه وسلم:(المؤمن للمؤمن كالبنيان يشد بعضه بعضاً وشبَّك بين أصابعه). وقوله صلى الله عليه وسلم:(لا يؤمن أحدكم حتى يحب لأخيه ما يحب لنفسه). وهو معناه أنه لا يتم إيمانه ولا يكمل إيمانه الواجب إلا بهذا ، وهكذا قوله صلى الله عليه وسلم:(مثل المؤمنين في توادهم وتراحمهم وتعاطفهم كمثل الجسد إذا اشتكى منه عضو تداعى له سائر الجسد بالسهر والحمى). فجعل المسلمين شيئاً واحداً، وجسداً واحداً، وبناءً واحداً، فوجب عليهم أن يتراحموا، وأن يتعاطفوا، وأن يتناصحوا، وأن يتواصوا بالحق، وأن يعطف بعضهم على بعض، وهذه كلها تكفي عن الحديث الضعيف الذي ذكره السائل ...] موقع الشيخ على الإنترنت. ولا شك أن سكوت المسلمين عما يحصل لأهلنا في غزة هاشم يعد من باب الكبائر، ويعتبر خيانة لله ورسوله وللمؤمنين،وقد قال الله تعالى:{إنما المؤمنون إخوة} سورة الحجرات الآية 10، وقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم:(مثل المؤمنين في توادهم وتراحمهم وتعاطفهم مثل الجسد إذا اشتكى منه عضو تداعى له سائر الجسد بالسهر والحمى) رواه مسلم، قال القاضي عياض:[ فتشبيه المؤمنين بالجسد الواحد تمثيلٌ صحيحٌ، وفيه تقريبٌ للفهم وإظهار للمعاني في الصور المرئية، وفيه تعظيم حقوق المسلمين، والحض على تعاونهم وملاطفة بعضهم بعضاً. وقال ابن أبي جمرة: شبَّه النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم الإيمان بالجسد وأهله بالأعضاء لأن الإيمان أصل وفروعه التكاليف، فإذا أخلَّ المرءُ بشيءٍ من التكاليف شأن ذلك الإخلال بالأصل ، وكذلك الجسد أصل الشجرة وأعضاؤه كالأغصان، فإذا اشتكى عضو من الأعضاء اشتكت الأعضاء كلها، كالشجرة إذا ضرب غصن من أغصانها اهتزت الأغصان كلها بالتحرك والاضطراب.] فتح الباري 10/540. وقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم:( المؤمنون تتكافأ دماؤهم وهم يدٌ على من سواهم ويسعى بذمتهم أدناهم) رواه أبو داود والنسائي والحاكم وصححه العلامة الألباني في صحيح الجامع حديث رقم 6666. وغير ذلك من النصوص، فكل مسلم يفهم حقيقة هذا الدين فهماً صحيحاً، لا بد أن يقدم ما يستطيع لنصرة المسلمين المستضعفين الذين يتعرضون لأشرس الحروب وأقذرها، ومن لم يفعل فعليه أن يراجع نفسه، لأن منهج أهل السنة والجماعة يقضي أن يقف المسلم مع أخيه المسلم، وأن يكون عوناً له، قال شيخ الإسلام ابن تيمية عند حديثه عن أصول أهل السنة والجماعة:[ ثم هم مع هذه الأصول يأمرون بالمعروف، وينهون عن المنكر على ما توجبه الشريعة. ويرون إقامة الحج والجهاد والجمع والأعياد مع الأمراء أبراراً كانوا أو فجاراً، ويحافظون على الجماعات. ويدينون بالنصيحة للأمة، ويعتقدون معنى قوله صلى الله عليه وسلم:( المؤمن للمؤمن كالبنيان المرصوص؛ يشدُ بعضُه بعضاً وشبَّك بين أصابعه، وقوله صلى الله عليه وسلم: (مثل المؤمنين في توادهم وتراحمهم وتعاطفهم كمثل الجسد؛ إذا اشتكى منه عضو؛ تداعى له سائر الجسد بالحمى والسهر ). ويأمرون بالصبر عند البلاء، والشكر عند الرخاء والرضا بمر القضاء.] العقيدة الواسطية وأما من يخذل المسلمين ويسهم في حصارهم ويمنع العون عنهم فإن الله عز وجل سيخذله، كما أخبر رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم:( ما من امرئٍ يخذل امرءاً مسلماً في موطن ينتقص فيه من عرضه وينتهك فيه من حرمته إلا خذله الله تعالى في موطن يحب فيه نصرته، وما من أحدٍ ينصر مسلماً في موطن ينتقص فيه من عرضه وينتهك فيه من حرمته إلا نصره الله في موطن يحب فيه نصرته.) رواه أحمد وأبو داود وحسنه العلامة الألباني في صحيح الجامع حديث رقم 5690. إذا تقرر هذا فإن واجب المسلمين هو نصرة إخوانهم المسلمين ومدُّ يد العون والمساعدة لهم كلٌ حسب وسعه وطاقته، وأقل ذلك الدعاء لهم، ومن ذلك القنوت في الصلوات المفروضات، وهذا هو قنوت النوازل، فمن الثابت من هدي النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم أنه قنت أحياناً في النوازل التي كانت على عهده صلى الله عليه وسلم كما في حديث أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال :( كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يدعو في القنوت اللهم أنج سلمة بن هشام اللهم أنج الوليد بن الوليد اللهم أنج عياش بن أبي ربيعة اللهم أنج المستضعفين من المؤمنين اللهم اشدد وطأتك على مضر اللهم سنين كسني يوسف ) رواه البخاري. وفي رواية أخرى عند البخاري عن سعيد بن المسيب وأبي سلمة بن عبد الرحمن عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه ( أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم كان إذا أراد أن يدعو على أحدٍ أو يدعو لأحدٍ قنت بعد الركوع فربما قال إذا قال سمع الله لمن حمده: اللهم ربنا لك الحمد اللهم أنج الوليد بن الوليد وسلمة بن هشام وعياش بن أبي ربيعة اللهم اشدد وطأتك على مضر واجعلها سنين كسني يوسف يجهر بذلك، وكان يقول في بعض صلاته في صلاة الفجر: اللهم العن فلاناً وفلاناً لأحياء من العرب حتى أنزل الله { لَيْسَ لَكَ مِنَ الْأَمْرِ شَيْءٌ } سورة آل عمران الآية 128. وفي رواية عند مسلم عن أبي سلمة أن أبا هريرة رضي الله عنه حدثهم ( أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قنت بعد الركعة في صلاة شهراً إذا قال سمع الله لمن حمده يقول في قنوته: اللهم أنج الوليد بن الوليد اللهم نج سلمة بن هشام اللهم نج عياش بن أبي ربيعة اللهم نج المستضعفين من المؤمنين اللهم اشدد وطأتك على مضر اللهم اجعلها عليهم سنين كسني يوسف) قال أبو هريرة ثم رأيت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ترك الدعاء بعد ...) والذي يؤخذ من هذه الأحاديث وغيرها مشروعية القنوت عند النوازل والمصائب والبلايا العامة في الصلوات الخمس ويقنت الإمام جهراً في جميع الصلوات بعد الركوع ويجوز قبله فإذا ارتفعت النازلة ترك القنوت. وختاماً يجب التذكير ببعض القضايا الهامة في ظل الظروف العصيبة التي تعيشها الأمة الإسلامية في هذه الأيام فمن ذلك أنه لا بد من التوكل على الله سبحانه وتعالى وأن نفوض أمرنا لله عز وجل فالأمور كلها بيده يعز من يشاء ويذل من يشاء. ولا بد للمسلم الصادق أن يطهر إيمانه من الولاء للكافرين وليحذر المسلم من أن يحب ظهور الكافرين على المسلمين أو يتمنى ذلك أو يشمت بما حصل للمسلمين، فإن هذا يطعن في إيمانه. وعلى المسلم الصادق أن يوقن أن الله قد وعد هذه الأمة بالتمكين لدينه ونصر أوليائه قال الله تعالى:{ كَتَبَ اللَّهُ لَأَغْلِبَنَّ أَنَا وَرُسُلِي إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَوِيٌّ عَزِيزٌ} سورة المجادلة الآية 21 .
وخلاصة الأمر أن حديث ( من لم يهتم بأمر المسلمين فليس منهم ) ليس ثابتاً عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم، ولكن معناه صحيح، وواجب الأمة المسلمة جمعاء، نصرة المسلمين المستضعفين، ومدهم بكل عونٍ ومساعدة، وأقلُ ذلك الدعاء لهم بنصرهم وتأييدهم، والدعاء على عدوهم وأعوانه ومناصريه بالهزيمة والخذلان.

I do know of these hadiths though:

1. From Abû Hurayrah (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that Allâh's Messenger said:

"From the perfection of a person's Islâm is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him."

2. 'Abd Allah reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "A believer is not a fault-finder and is not abusive, obscene, or course." - (Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners 313, Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim)

And I know of this verse in the Qur'an:

Those who love (to see) scandal published (and) broadcast among the Believers will have a grievous Penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: Allah knows and ye know not. (Quran, 19-24)
And you're misusing all of these, which stems from your lack of understanding of the Arabic language and the reasons and context to which such ahadith and ayat were given.
We're not look for faults that are hidden or backbiting, we're discussing the current affairs of Muslims in a war torn region. It is obvious to the naked eye, we're neither creating a tribulation out of hearsay nor are we spreading a rumor, nor are we stating things that aren't taking place!
So this concerns me and Muslims at large very much!
Who knows it could be your family that they go after next!
It is for this reason I do not read the newspapers. They are full of scandal.
That's your privilege and you're welcome to live as you please, but certainly not welcome to teach and impose your erroneous understanding of the religion and ahadiths. They're not open to your rendition and if you haven't proper understanding of them & don't care for the things you can't change then don't preach this apathy to the rest of us!

There is absolutely nothing I can do about people who are being tortured right now in another part of the world. Brothers and sisters you say? Well, all human beings are children of Adam..... and they are all our brothers and sisters. I am against crimes being committed against any human being... not just crimes committed against Muslims.
Ok good for you, we don't share that view.. there is plenty we can do and the lowest form of Iman per hadith is changing it in ones heart!
If the newspapers talk about atrocities committed against Muslims, they also talk about atrocities committed against Chrisitians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews.
Which I am sure are shared on their respective forums as well this forum on the appropriate thread!
Read the thread title and stick to the subject or skip it all together!

Your welcome to start a topic on the suffering of your choosing, this particular thread as per title: ''Atrocities against Iraqis''

The news is full of tales of human suffering..... and such news comes from all corners of the globe.

If I were to spend my time reading such stories, what good is that going to do for me?

I would rather leave those matters alone and concern myself with things that are within my power to do.
No one is holding a gun to your head to read this, and You've said all these parts in so many words multiple times and I said you're welcome to take the pacifist approach & not concern yourself with it!

The local masjid needs help. I would donate money as much as I can to my local masjid. No.... I wouldn't send my money to a masjid far far away, to another country.
Good for you, glad you sorted out your own priorities!
My neighbor is old and needs help mowing the lawn. I would send my son to help him mow the lawn.

Someone's car broke down and so needs a few dollars to pay for bus fare to get home. I would gladly help pay that bus fare.

A little boy fell down and got a bruise on his knee. I would help him up and put a band aid on his wound.

A sister is depressed and sad. I would do what I can to cheer her up.
Boy do you beat a metaphor to death!

So....... I concern myself with the things that are within my ability to do.... things that are of benefit.

And I leave alone matters that are beyond my control.

And if I have nothing good to say.... I would rather be silent.
Good for you again & you're welcome to do so.. question is why are you so vocal here and for all the wrong reasons?

If you think that disqualifies me from being Muslim....... that is your judgment.
I don't spend my time thinking about you. I don't know you & would rather that you not waste webspace discussing bruises and broken cars and depressed neighbors anyway so you'd be doing me a grand service to 'rather be silent' per your afore suggestion!

All I care about is the judgment of God.
very good!

best,

جوري
11-17-2011, 06:04 PM
to translate some of the above in Arabic:

Sahih International

The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy.

Sahih International
And brought together their hearts. If you had spent all that is in the earth, you could not have brought their hearts together; but Allah brought them together. Indeed, He is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also said in a Hadeeth Qudsi: "Allah, the Exalted, says 'Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who visit each other for My Sake. Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who love one another for My Sake. Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who approach one another in humility for My Sake. And, indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones that rush to help one another for My Sake." (Musnad Imam Ahmad)

Rasullullah

giving an example of Muslim unity is reported to have said in a Hadith:
“The Muslim Ummah is like one body. If the eye is in pain then the whole body is in pain and if the head is in pain then the whole body is in pain”

Insaanah
11-17-2011, 08:26 PM
:wa:

There is absolutely nothing I can do about people who are being tortured right now in another part of the world.
Yes you can. There absolutely is something that each and every one of us can do, and that is to beseech Allah to free them from oppression, and to remember them in our du3as. That is the very least we can do for them.

Brothers and sisters you say?
Yes, alhamdulillah.

Pickthall
The believers are naught else than brothers. Therefore make peace between your brethren and observe your duty to Allah that haply ye may obtain mercy. (49:10)

A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim... (Sahih Muslim book 31, no 6219)

Well, all human beings are children of Adam.....
Rasoolullah :saws: said in his farewell sermon that all mankind were descended from Adam and Eve (peace be upon them both):

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood".

and they are all our brothers and sisters.
As you can see above, rasoolullah :saws: did not say this. He only said that Muslims were brothers to Muslims. I know of no command where he said that a Muslim is the brother of a non-Muslim. And I don't know that his companions (may Allah be pleased with them) did this either. While we are all children of Adam (peace be upon him), he did not say that we ought to call non-Muslims our brothers and sisters too. We should not go beyond the limits defined by Allah, and by His Messenger :saws: . This does not preclude us from being, and treating each other, as fellow humans and fellow inhabitants of the same planet.

I am against crimes being committed against any human being... not just crimes committed against Muslims.
Thats good.

A human hates to see a fellow human suffer. But there is a special bond and love that members of the ummah have, and that is supposed to be exclusive to the ummah:

Nu`man bin Bashir (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah :saws: said, "The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah :saws: said, "The relationship of the believer with another believer is like (the bricks of) a building, each strengthens the other.'' He :saws: illustrated this by interlacing the fingers of both his hands. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

So it is natural that Muslims feel closer ties to one another than the rest of humanity, and indeed we should, as commanded by the Prophet :saws: We should feel that ummah-ness. Rasooolullah :saws: did not order us to love the disbelievers the same as Muslims, and nor did he do this himself. And we shouldn't go beyond the limits defined by him.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Novice
11-17-2011, 08:29 PM
The simpletons will still ask 'Why?' when another 9/11 occurs.

Ghazalah
11-17-2011, 09:28 PM
The affairs of our Muslim brothers and sisters in the world do concern us. As I said earlier, if we don't have a voice for the oppressed then who will?

There is absolutely nothing I can do about people who are being tortured right now in another part of the world.
Never underestimate the power of dua. There is something you can do sis. :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-17-2011, 10:17 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

1. From Abû Hurayrah (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that Allâh's Messenger said: "From the perfection of a person's Islâm is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him."
This concerns me as it is the life of innocents taking place, and is the case they also happen to be muslims, lives of babies, elders are taking place, this definetly should concern one. Also as hadeeth states

“The Muslim Ummah is like one body. If the eye is in pain then the whole body is in pain and if the head is in pain then the whole body is in pain”

Respectively, I disagree, the least one can do is support those who are oppressed and make du'aa, especially when they are members of the ummah.

Nobody is condemning the support for those of who are from other faiths or against humanity. The man states how people were killed without proof of them being 'terrorist's' and i'm sure you are aware that it is muslims who are being put under the spot light in the media, not hindus, sikhs, christians, but this is not the topic of this thread.

Well, if its the case of people being massacred, innocents families losing a loved one etc the good it will do for you is to make you realise you should perhaps ask Allaah SWT to help them in this difficult time.

Sister, this is entirely your choice if you wish to read up an article or not, nobody is forcing one to do this, rather it is personal choice.

Who says so?

You are indeed correct in saying so, but we must realise that we have the ability to keep those who are oppressed, in need, in our du'aa, as it's the least we can do.

It's an article about how a vetecan 'claimed to have witnessed horrendous atrocities committed by his unit against Iraqis during their deployment in the country.' In case we realise there is no doubt that innocents were murdered in the war, it shows how John realises the acts taken place were wrong, maybe he wants to make people aware of this and expose them, this is clearly what I understood from the article.

Allaah knows best.

sister herb
11-18-2011, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
Salam alaykum;

that is very important and I am very worry why our whole islamic ummah is so quiet when our brothers and sisters are under oppression, not only in Iraq but so many other places. Also why we so easily claim our own problems others like it would improve situation.

Where were muslim armies when DU-weapons used against sisters and brothers in Fallujah? Where they are when zionists attack to Al-Aqsa?

Claiming all problems are fault of kuffars? Not because our ummah is not united at all at this time?

Abz2000
11-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Riham

1. From Abû Hurayrah (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that Allâh's Messenger said: "From the perfection of a person's Islâm is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him."

Now hath come unto you an Messenger from amongst yourselves:
grieving over what is befalling you :
ardently anxious is he over you:
to the Believers is he most kind and merciful.
9:128

i guess the affairs of "other people" concerned him.
maybe you think he should've "minded his own business" ......................

sister herb
11-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Salam alaykum;

to me all people are my sisters and brothers.

Human inside me doesn´t allow me to think anyone who is in my religion is more human than other whose believes differently than I do. To me this is main teach of Islam.

Some other may see and follow islam by different way (not see all humankind as your brtothers) but I do.

May Allah forgive me I am human.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum;

that is very important and I am very worry why our whole islamic ummah is so quiet when our brothers and sisters are under oppression, not only in Iraq but so many other places. Also why we so easily claim our own problems others like it would improve situation.

Where were muslim armies when DU-weapons used against sisters and brothers in Fallujah? Where they are when zionists attack to Al-Aqsa?

Claiming all problems are fault of kuffars? Not because our ummah is not united at all at this time?
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Nobody is saying wrong about those who are un-believers, only those individuals who curse and mock Islam, mock at Allaah and his blessed messenger (SAW), take lives of 'innocents'. We are not talking about non muslims who have done nothing at all.

An example is just because one christian commits a certain criminal act, doesn't mean that all christians are that way, similarly this is applied to various other types of individuals with different beliefs, so nope nobody is claiming all fault is of the 'kufaar', there are many open minded individuals out there and we have no right to call them kufaar.
Also we muslims are not perfect and nobody is saying that, but we should be glad that we have the perfect way of life to follow which is Islam, and Allaah has informed us that we are the best of nations.

Also not sure what you mean by this sis 'Also why we so easily claim our own problems others like it would improve situation.' may I ask what problems?

It is clear that we have brothers and sisters in other countries round the globe, but when they are in grief, oppression, they are also our problem, just like a close member of ours is. I am so glad this is the way of Islam. A few ways we can help them is amongst the abilites given to us by Allaah SWT, such as giving charity, invoking Allaah etc.

We should also ask Allaah to guide those whom are sincere.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Salam alaykum;

Human inside me doesn´t allow me to think anyone who is in my religion is more human than other whose believes differently than I do. To me this is main teach of Islam.

Some other may see and follow islam by different way (not see all humankind as your brtothers) but I do.

May Allah forgive me I am human.
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

There may be those who are only your brothers and sisters in humanity and others in deen.

No doubt we should show good character to everyone regardless of faith, background etc.

There is only One Islam so therefore only one way, alhamdulilaah.

However, we are talking about those who take lives of innocents, they are not seen as friends but rather enemies or criminals by any society.

Insaanah
11-18-2011, 07:14 PM
that is very important and I am very worry why our whole islamic ummah is so quiet when our brothers and sisters are under oppression, not only in Iraq but so many other places.
The ummah is not quiet, but those that can physically make a difference, and have the ability, unfortunately do not do so.

Maybe they thought that it didn't concern them, thats it's happening somewhere else to somebody else, and that it's none of their business, and that there's nothing they can do.

Claiming all problems are fault of kuffars?
I don't remember anyone claiming this.

Not because our ummah is not united at all at this time?
Unfortunately this contributes to it. If everyone followed the deen correctly I believe that would help unity greatly.

Human inside me doesn´t allow me to think anyone who is in my religion is more human than other whose believes differently than I do.
Nobody has said that Muslims are more human than non-Muslims. I said earlier, and I'll say again here:

This does not preclude us from being, and treating each other, as fellow humans and fellow inhabitants of the same planet.
We try to follow what Allah said, and what his Prophet :saws: said and did, and to not exceed those limits. Just like we love our blood family members far more than the rest of humanity, and make a distinction between them, so Muslims are our family members more than the rest of humanity, as shown and commanded by Allah and his prophet :saws:. That family is called the ummah.

How strange it would be if a person said that he felt no more love for his blood family than he did for the rest of humanity, and he made no distinction between his family and the rest of humanity? How much more strange then, if we feel no extra love for, and no special bond with members of our family the ummah, than we do for non-Muslims, and view them all the same.

To me this is main teach of Islam.
The main teaching of Islam is that Allah is One, without any associates/sharers in His exclusive Divinity, and only He should be worshipped, and that we must follow and obey the Prophet. Then of course there are the five pillars: shahadah, salaat, zakaat, saum and hajj, and then our belief in Allah, the angels, the scriptures, the Prophets, the Day of Judgement etc.

Indeed a large proportion of the Qur'an is devoted to tawheed, and the other above listed things, and there are numerous ayaat on obeying the Prophet :saws:, so will not quote them here as they are well-known. When we tell people about Islam, this is the first thing we tell them, the oneness of Allah our Creator, following the Prophet etc. If this is not the main teaching of Islam, and the main teaching is as you say it is, please could you quote the ayaat or hadeeth where it says that the main teaching of Islam is this? This would also be in accordance with the forum rules:

18. Do not say "Islam says X" unless your position is based upon sound evidence - which means the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Always cite your sources...

sister herb
11-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Salam alaykum

very quiet ummah is - just talking how non-quiet in forums.

But it is good people try to follow in path of true Islam.

peace/salam to all of you, muslims and non

جوري
11-18-2011, 10:38 PM
we fight for what's right by whatever means are available to us:

Sahih International
Not equal are those believers remaining [at home] - other than the disabled - and the mujahideen, [who strive and fight] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred the mujahideen through their wealth and their lives over those who remain [behind], by degrees. And to both Allah has promised the best [reward]. But Allah has preferred the mujahideen over those who remain [behind] with a great reward -
4:96 to top

Sahih International
Degrees [of high position] from Him and forgiveness and mercy. And Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.

sister herb
11-18-2011, 10:40 PM
we fight for what's right by whatever means are available to us:

Sahih International
Not equal are those believers remaining [at home] - other than the disabled - and the mujahideen, [who strive and fight] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred the mujahideen through their wealth and their lives over those who remain [behind], by degrees. And to both Allah has promised the best [reward]. But Allah has preferred the mujahideen over those who remain [behind] with a great reward -
4:96 to top

Sahih International
Degrees [of high position] from Him and forgiveness and mercy. And Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful.

That is great sis. I am fighter too.

جوري
11-18-2011, 10:41 PM
That is great sis. I am fighter too.
very good.. here's to hoping it for all the right reasons insha'Allah!

Ali_008
11-19-2011, 05:20 AM
I disagree. There is a lot of capability in mankind. Nothing is impossible. If you start trying today who knows what you can accomplish. Perhaps even free Afghanistan and Iraq of the American democracy of hypocrisy. The sky is the limit. And Allah helps only those who help themselves. We must initiate, Allah will bless it with success, inshAllah.

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُغَيِّرُ مَا بِقَوْمٍ حَتَّىٰ يُغَيِّرُوا مَا بِأَنفُسِهِ

Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.
Surah # 13 - Ar-R'ad - Verse 11

sister herb
11-19-2011, 08:29 AM
"There is absolutely nothing I can do about people who are being tortured right now in another part of the world."

Dua you can do.

Later just sky is limit.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!