/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hygiene in Islam

syed1
11-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Okay, I am starting this thread because of the importance of hygiene not only in our culture but also in our religion...

I am a student and I really like the fact that I see many Muslim girls wearing hijabs and portraying their religion.

One thing which I have noticed among many 'muslim women' particularly ones wearing the head veil is that they do not take care of their personal hygiene. It really gives a bad impression about muslim women when I see this.

Just today I noticed a girl wearing a hijab but her clothes were all dirty and her face was not well maintained, and she had an odur coming from her. It is these negative attributes which I have noticed in, not all, but many muslim women who practise wearing the hijab..

What ? just because you wear a hijab and expect people to not look at you, you feel its a reason to not take care of your self, dress properly, smell nice, take care of your personal appearance?

I find it absolutely disgusting and I wish there was some way for these women to realize that its not right. Even if you don't think your the most beautiful looking person you still owe it to your self to dress accordingly and maintain an adequate level of personal hygiene, especially whilst in public!! I mean seriously, the yeah you want to wear loose clothing so as not to show your figure, but PLEASE, why are you wearing clothing that looks like its been used as a cloth to clean desks, and dust? Seriously!!! It's so embarrassing for me as a Muslim to witness these women, its truly horrific.

Your mind might be pure as well as your intentions but if your body and appearance is not pure then it essentially negates that fact.

So please, if you are one of these women, you need to CHANGE ASAP, or if you know any these type of women, PLEASE advise them that it is unacceptable.

Sincerely,
Man concerned about the how muslim women are perceived

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Marina-Aisha
11-17-2011, 03:04 PM
im not an expert as i dont really know any sisters but the ones ive seen when im out and bout sisters i seen are very nicely dressed and they dont smell at all i dunno were u been but a....maybe have too much time on ur hands? lol...anyways i thought when ur muslim u have to be clean..as u have to pray five times a day? u cant be smelling like bo when ur praying right?

syed1
11-17-2011, 03:08 PM
I am just telling you from my personal experience.. I attend a university here in Canada, and it not like I spend hours examining these women. I just notice them in passing or in class..

On a positive note, I am currently sitting in class right now and saw some well dress beautiful hijabis.. (don't think I am looking at these women lustfully or anything ) but you can just tell one some one looks properly dressed, groomed etc.

Marina-Aisha
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
lol maybe the women u did pass was in a rush or something...uni can be alot to handle sometimes :) i saw some new style i think i might try it out today :) super nervous ive never wore hijab out yet :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed1
11-17-2011, 03:28 PM
lol just cause there in a rush that doesn't warrant em to come looking filthy -__-

aw good luck with your new style!

Marina-Aisha
11-17-2011, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
lol just cause there in a rush that doesn't warrant em to come looking filthy -__-

hahahhaaahhaaaa ;D

syed1
11-17-2011, 03:35 PM
this is off topic but when I visited the UK my experience was very pleasant...

I hope I find a girl from UK and marry her! love their accen too!

Marina-Aisha
11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
lol awww not all british accents are nice lol thats nice through i hope u do :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!