/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have you Sacrificed ?

Abdul-Raouf
11-16-2011, 09:25 AM
In this current era ....Have u met/heard of a person sacrificing his economy level and downgrading himself to a lower level in his life for the sake of Islam.. and to obey ALLAH to the max. (leaving a high paying job to a lower one.. moving out of a city to a village.. etc.. etc.) Hav you sacrificed worldly belonging /attachments... to gain Islam?

Eg: Leaving a 1000$ / day job where he is too occupied misses prayers/hectic... for a 10$ /day business.. which is run close to the gates of masjid...where he gets the prayers.. and friday is holiday etc.

Share it here please...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
11-17-2011, 05:12 PM
bump !!!

syed1
11-17-2011, 05:16 PM
I do not know of anyone who has done such a thing... From my point of view it would not be a rational move to leave a well paying job to be closer to a masjid..

I think Allah SWT would have blessed that man to have that high paying job in the first place.. In terms of missing your prayer because your too busy, this all depends on the person him self. believe me, if you consider your salat as an OBLIGATION that must be met whenever/whereever a person no matter how busy will find time to perform it..

so, I highly doubt you would find such a person...

Abdul-Raouf
11-17-2011, 05:57 PM
The scenario here is performing the salaats on time .. and in jammath and in masjid (which will give u 100% reward)
and also to satisfy the person/organisation to which you are working for.

I have a friend.. who opted not to go for a career which could have payed him nearly 4 times the salary which he is getting now.. just for the work environment... its an islamic one.

By the way.. i thought of asking the query after reading a post in IB...
The section which i like the most in IB is ...Islamic History and Biographies

"I was a merchant before my pledge to the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace. When I became a Muslim, I wanted to combine trade (tijarah) and worship (ibadah) but I did not achieve what I desired. So I abandoned trade and inclined towards ibadah.

"By Him in whose hand is the soul of Abu-d Dardaa, what I want to have is a shop near the door of the masjid so that I would not miss any Salat with the congregation. Then I shall sell and buy and make a modest profit every day."

"I am not saying," said Abu-d Dardaa to his questioner, "that Allah Great and Majestic is He has prohibited trade, but I want to be among those whom neither trade nor selling distracts form the remembrance of God ."
Taken from the thread : http://www.islamicboard.com/companions-prophet/333-abu-d-dardaa.html

Please read the OP of the above mentioned thread... its capable of cleaning our eyes (with tears)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul-Raouf
07-08-2012, 04:45 PM
A thread on sacrificing our desire/wealth..... is less interesting and not moving well in here... but there are other threads hitting 100 post mark easily...
thats the state we are now.... May ALLAH protect us and guide us to heaven.

Hulk
07-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm sure many have done it bro perhaps they don't wish to make their amal public to protect their niyyah :)

Abdul-Raouf
07-08-2012, 05:04 PM
^^ yes i thought the same as well.. :( ... May ALLAH protect us from pride.

But will be good to know such examples...
for motivating people in this current modern world... when we tell something good to follow .. to the men of today.. they ask us back : Have seen anyone in this modern world do such and such? blah blah.

May be will change the title ... to "Post about people who have sacrificed their wealth for getting closer to islam"

~Zaria~
07-08-2012, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
In this current era ....Have u met/heard of a person sacrificing his economy level and downgrading himself to a lower level in his life for the sake of Islam.. and to obey ALLAH to the max. (leaving a high paying job to a lower one.. moving out of a city to a village.. etc.. etc.) Hav you sacrificed worldly belonging /attachments... to gain Islam?

Eg: Leaving a 1000$ / day job where he is too occupied misses prayers/hectic... for a 10$ /day business.. which is run close to the gates of masjid...where he gets the prayers.. and friday is holiday etc.

Share it here please...

Assalamu-alaikum,

JazakAllah khair for this thread.

I doubt many would reveal their own stories here.....to keep their intentions sincere, and perhaps because those who may have made such decisions, do not regard them as a 'sacrifice' as such.

If we consider that every command upon us from Allah (subhanawataála) is for OUR good, for the success of OUR aakhirah......then we will consider every hardship endured in this fleeting life not as a 'sacrifice'......but an investment, and a means of drawing nearer to and gaining the pleasure of our Creator.

We have all encountered cross-roads at some point in our life: be it in work, love, finances, family.
And certainly, there is a pain that is experienced having to let go of whatever worldly attachment it is.

But this is short lived.
What can compare to the sweetness felt in the heart when you KNOW that this decision is what is most pleasing to Allah (subhanawataála).

I would like to share this poem with everyone:

“WHEN IN LOVE, THE COMPLAINT OF THE BELOVED IS NOT
APPROPRIATE.

FOR ME THERE IS NO INJUSTICE IN ANY OF HIS ACTIONS.

OUTWARDLY THOUGH IT MAY BE A CALAMITY,
BUT IT IS IN FACT A BLESSING IN DISGUISED FORM.

THAT CALAMITY IN WHICH THERE IS GOODNESS FOR US,
IS NOT REALLY A PUNISHMENT.

THE LOVE OF THE SLAVES OF ALLAH CANNOT REACH PERFECTION
UNTIL THE BLOOD OF EVIL DESIRES IS NOT SHED.

MAY THAT WHICH IS PLEASING TO YOU ALSO BECOME PLEASING TO ME.
WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THAT PLEASURE,
WHICH IS NOT ACCOMPANIED BY YOUR PLEASURE ?

HOW CAN I SAY THAT THE PAIN WHICH IS IN MY HEART (OF YOUR LOVE)
IS NOT A GIFT OF YOURS?

HE, WHO IS NOT BLESSED WITH THIS GIFT REMAINS
UNAWARE OF YOUR GLORY.

DO NOT REJOICE OVER MY TEARS OF LONGING FOR HIM,
WHEN I AM DISTANCED FROM HIM.

O YOU UNINITIATED IN LOVE, YOU HAVE NOT AS YET
EXPERIENCED THE PAIN OF DEEP-HEARTED LOVE.

WHOSOEVER YOU WITNESS GIVING HIS HEART AND SOUL TO GOLD AND
SILVER,

O AKHTAR, BELIEVE THAT HE HAS NOT TASTED
THE SWEETNESS OF THE LOVE OF ALLAH. ”

:wa:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2012, 06:26 PM
theres loads of people like that bro, most are people who give up haram restaurants and open up takeaways that dont sell alcohol.

Theres no peace in life if you cant practise islam, no matter how much we make its just not gonna make us happy

M.I.A.
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
i guess i have but allah swt knows best.

i kinda flunked my final year of uni and the career that was meant to follow in the persuit of "getting closer to god"

maybe it was going to happen anyway so i dont consider it a sacrifice rather a mistake.

people may feel differently but most oppertunities are blessings as long as you dont overstep the mark or abuse them, thats what i have come to learn since that time.

...better to develop a concience after you have done the hard work and become established.. the reality of the situation.

Asiyah3
07-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I know a man from Europe who bought a restaurant that sold alcohol and pork, with a friend of his. In that country people drink a lot and eat pork. After buying the restaurant, this man said he doesn't want to sell alcohol and pork. At a time when the business was going bad, his friend (who was less religious from what is apparent, and Allah knows best) blamed him saying the reason is that they don't sell pork.

He started selling pork and after some time he saw that the business didn't go better, and stopped selling it. Al-hamdulillah.

Asiyah3
07-08-2012, 07:08 PM
To be honest, I don't see much benefit in this thread. We have countless examples from Prophets and Sahabah who sacrificed their properties for Islam. Why should people make their deeds smaller by making it public? Especially at this time when Ramadaan is drawing near.

Abdul-Raouf
07-09-2012, 03:06 AM
MODs, please delete this thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!