/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Supplications For a Sound Heart

Amat Allah
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM

Supplications For aSound Heart

While many of us remember to supplicate to Allah for guidance, knowledge, and Paradise,
there is one important thing that we forget to include in our prayers.

In a narration that many of us are familiar with, the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"Unquestionably, in the body there is a lump of flesh; if it is sound, the whole body is sound,
and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt, and behold, it is the heart."

[Bukhari & Muslim]

Countless scholars of Islam have dedicated books upon books to reformation
and purification of the heart because it is the key to success or destruction.
Just as doctors today tell us that having a healthy heart is the key to having a healthy body,
the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) conveys to us that having a good heart is the key to righteousness.

Anas narrated that asking for a firm and obedient heart was one of
the constant supplications of the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him)
and one narration from Umm Salamah states that this was the Du'a he made the most:

"Allahumma Ya Muqallib Al Qulub Thabbit Qalbi 'Ala Deenak,"

"O Turner of the hearts! Make my heart firm upon Your Religion!"

However, there is another authentic Du'a from the Sunnah of the Messenger that is narrated i
n Sahih Muslim that isn't as well known. The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"Verily, the hearts of all the Sons of Adam are between the two fingers out of the fingers of
the Compassionate Lord as one heart. He turns that to any (direction) He likes. T
hen Allah's Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:

Allahumma Musarrif Al-Qulubi Sarrif Qulubana 'Ala Ta'atika

O Allah! Turner of the hearts! Direct our hearts to Your obedience!

Points of Benefit

Supplications on the heart are found both in the Quran and Sunnah. In the Quran, the believers supplicate,
"Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us."

[Noble Quran 3:8]

Also, in Surah Hashr, "And [there is a share for] those who came after them, saying,
"Our Lord, forgive us and our brothers who preceded us in faith and put not in our hearts [any] resentment toward those who have believed."

[Noble Quran 59:10]

Both of these Duas are seeking refuge in Allah from corrupted hearts -
the first Du'a seeks refuge in deviation after guidance,
and the second Du'a is seeking His refuge from evil thoughts and ill feelings towards fellow Muslims.

The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) constantly made Du'a for a righteous and good heart. F
rom this we learn the status of the heart, and to also supplicate as much as we can for an obedient and firm heart upon Islam.

The nature of the heart is to constantly change, and by asking Allah in this supplication
to direct our hearts to His Obedience shows that we are constantly falling short in our obedience to Him.
To make this Du'a is to ask Allah to keep changing back our hearts to His Obedience as we are prone to falter.

Scholars like Imam Ibn Qayyim and Ibn Uthaymeen state that the intelligence and t
he understanding of a human lies in their heart, and not necessarily their brain. T
heir evidence for this statement is the ayah,

"So have they not traveled through the earth and have hearts by which to reason and ears by which to hear?
For indeed, it is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts which are within the chests."

[Noble Quran 22:46]

Sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen says that the brain is like the secretary processing information,
then it reaches the heart and the heart decides to do good or evil based on that information.

The heart is the foundation. We must purify our hearts from associating partners with Allah, f
rom Bid'ah, from ill feelings against our fellow Muslims and any other evil deeds in our character and our Aqidah.

The Muslim should focus on the reformation of their heart as well as accumulating good deeds.

The heart is the source of good deeds, and the heart is where we
will be tested on the Day of Judgment. Allah says:

"But does he not know that when the contents of the graves are scattered,
and that within the chests is brought out, indeed, their Lord with them, that Day, is [fully] Acquainted."

[Noble Quran 100:9-11]

In another Hadith of the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him),
he pointed to his heart and said three times, "Taqwa (consciousness and fear of Allah) is here."

[Musnad Ahmad]

This Hadith shows us that when the heart fears Allah,
then the limbs will follow, just as the first Hadith narrated that:

"If it is sound [the heart], the whole body is sound."

This Du'a is a constant reminder for us that we are not in control of our guidance.

It is crucial for us to make Du'a for our hearts on a regular basis b
ecause we do not know where our hearts will stand tomorrow.

The hearts of the Children of Adam are between the two fingers of Allah!

So, who else can we turn to than "Al Musarrif Al-Qulub" t
o keep our hearts towards the direction of His obedience?

Khadejah Jones
Share Islam Team
ShareIslam.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
esperanza
11-16-2011, 01:35 PM
shukran sister for this wonderful post which we all should take noticce of inshallah

Amat Allah
11-16-2011, 01:38 PM
You are very welcome habibati ^^. May Allah love you, be pleased with you and grant ya the highest status in this dunya and in Al Akhirah too Ameeen

.iman.
11-16-2011, 04:43 PM
barkAllahu fiki for sharing this, it is exactly what I needed to read because I am working on trying to cleanse my heart of impurities inshAllah. What a good reminder that we must constantly cleanse our souls and purify our hearts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misz_Muslimah
11-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Asalamalaikum, Jazaakalahu khayr for sharing sis :) x

Flame of Hope
11-19-2011, 07:07 AM
:sl:

Okay. I'm angry now. Yeah..... really angry. :raging:

Why isn't there a Like Button which lets us tell people HOW MUCH we like it?

Well..... I'll make do with what we got and won't complain.

On the scale of 10, with 10 meaning "I SUPER LOVE" this post...... I give our sister amatallah's post a

HUGE RESOUNDING 11.

;D

Loved your post, sister. I want MORE. :statisfie

Amat Allah
11-19-2011, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .iman.
barkAllahu fiki for sharing this, it is exactly what I needed to read because I am working on trying to cleanse my heart of impurities inshAllah. What a good reminder that we must constantly cleanse our souls and purify our hearts.
wa feeki Ya qalbi Ameeeeeeeen and for sure we need to cleanse our heart . Allah says:"And do not disgrace me on the Day they are [all] resurrected - (87)The Day when there will not benefit [anyone] wealth or children (88)But only one who comes to Allah with a sound heart." (89)And Paradise will be brought near [that Day] to the righteous. (90)And Hellfire will be brought forth for the deviators, (91)" Surat Ashuaraa

May Allah make our hearts sound, full of Imaan, Taqwa, humbleness , honesty, His love and rememberance, and May He The AlMighty free them and purify them from Nifaaq, kuffr, arrogance, doubts, weakness, hatred, envy and all of bad things and May He The Exalted never harden them or make them dead but alive with His Glorious words of Qur`aan and the guidance of Sunnah Allahumma Ameeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Misz_Muslimah
Asalamalaikum, Jazaakalahu khayr for sharing sis :) x
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh my S.C.

Wa Iyaki Ameeeeeeeeen

format_quote Originally Posted by Riham
:sl:

Okay. I'm angry now. Yeah..... really angry. :raging:

Why isn't there a Like Button which lets us tell people HOW MUCH we like it?

Well..... I'll make do with what we got and won't complain.

On the scale of 10, with 10 meaning "I SUPER LOVE" this post...... I give our sister amatallah's post a

HUGE RESOUNDING 11.

;D

Loved your post, sister. I want MORE. :statisfie
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh habibati ^^

(let me cool your anger with a big huge kiss on your nose ^^)

in shaa Allah will try and find more and you can post whatever you want my sweetie here to be benefited in shaa Allah all, May Allah bless ya Ameeeeeen

May Allah never make us from those who only say and never do Ameeeeeeeeen

love ya all for Allajh`s sake madly

Amat Allah
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
this thread has many vids about the heart and I wish it can benefit ya all :

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...isode-1-a.html

~ Sabr ~
01-27-2012, 11:07 AM
:bump:

Very beneficial thread MashaAllaah xxx

Amat Allah
01-29-2012, 06:50 AM
May Allah love ya and Be pleased with ya honey Ameeeen

~ Sabr ~
05-21-2012, 09:12 AM
^ Ameen :statisfie

:bump: again...

Amat Allah
05-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Jazaki Allahu khayran my sweetie Ameen

This is a Duaa from Qur'aan , Surat Aal Imraan, verses number: 8-9.

Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon the last of His messnegrs Muhammad Bin Abdillah

"Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower. Our Lord! Verily, it is You Who will gather mankind together on the Day about which there is no doubt. Verily, Allah never breaks His Promise".

Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon the last of His messnegrs Muhammad Bin Abdillah

Ameeeeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!