/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favour Islamic preacher, scholar, etc?

syed1
11-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone,

As we all know there is an event called Reviving the Islamic Spirit approaching very quickly (December 25) and it attracts of 1000's of people from around the world to come witness this event...

I just wanted to take a poll and see who is your favour speakers and why!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed1
11-17-2011, 04:06 PM
My 2 favorite are zakir naik and Tariq Ramadan!

Riana17
11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Asalam Alaikkum

I really like Dr Zakir Naik, he is very bless mashallah
Do you know that he is the most influential Man in India now (religious)?

Not only he is intelligent, mashallah he is very very humble & patient.
May Allah ya Rabb bless us more with people like Dr Zakir Naik,Ameen

syed1
11-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Yes, I love him and love watching his debates.. watching him devour his oppoenents verbally, it honestly make me smile. He knows other peoples religion better than they know it them selves and that is one of the main things I love about him..

Mashallah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
11-17-2011, 07:44 PM
You missed out Shaikh Zahir Mahmood :(

Edit: This is just a random video!

Tyrion
11-17-2011, 08:10 PM
---

Anyway, some of my favorite speakers would have to be Nouman Ali Khan and Suhaib Webb. Both are good speakers, incredibly knowledgeable, and easy to relate to. They also offer a fresh new perspective that takes into account the realities of the world we live in.

Asiyah3
11-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Egyptian Shaikh Omar Abdelkafy, may Allah bless Him with al-Firdaws. He's amazingly knowledgeable, wise, sincere, humble, modest, and explains things beautifully and interestingly...

Ghazalah
11-17-2011, 09:43 PM
^Oh he is good.

My fav arab speakers:
Dr Amr Khaled
Dr Abdul-Muhsin Al-Ahmed
Mostafa Hosny
Adil Al-Qarni
Sheikh Riad Ourazazi
Dr Reda Bedier
And Abdul Hameed Kishk. He is one of the best, if not the best. May Allah swt have mercy on his soul.

English:
Zahir Mahmood
Mufti Ismail Menk
Murtaza Khan
Shady Suleiman
Nouman Ali-Khan.

Have a few more :statisfie

syed1
11-17-2011, 10:55 PM
---

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
You missed out Shaikh Zahir Mahmood
Well, I was only trying to depict the speakers that are guests at the RIS event.. nonetheless, I did watch that little clip and I do like his tone and stance on the subject, he seems inspiring!

~Raindrop~
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
^He is very inspiring mashaAllah, focuses on the youth mostly.

OK before this goes any further...

We are NOT debating whether Zakir Naik is a good/influential person/speaker or not. To each his own. This thread is about who your favourite is... let's leave it at that, shall we? :)

syed1
11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
We are NOT debating whether Zakir Naik is a good/influential person/speaker or not. To each his own. This thread is about who your favourite is... let's leave it at that, shall we?
thanks Aisha. your like the big sister always keeping things in order.. :P

hey what's wrong with a little friendly debate ?

any ways, so Who is your favour Speaker?

serena77
11-17-2011, 11:28 PM
this thread has a second benefit for those of us who don't know people to listen to, it gives us a bunch of people to look into and for that i really appreciate this thread.
salaams
Serena

Perseveranze
11-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I'd have to say Imam Anwar Al Awlaki (ra).

Scimitar
11-18-2011, 12:51 AM
I actually like the way sheikh Imran Hosein speaks. You ever here him say "Have you got peanuts in your head?"... class.

Scimi

Asiyah3
11-18-2011, 06:48 AM
^He is very inspiring mashaAllah, focuses on the youth mostly.

OK before this goes any further...

We are NOT debating whether Zakir Naik is a good/influential person/speaker or not. To each his own. This thread is about who your favourite is... let's leave it at that, shall we? :)
Jazakiallahu khair. Indeed, what may work for one person, may not work for another. All scholars and da'ees calling to Allah and righteousness deserve our utmost love, appreciation and respect lillaah. :)

~Raindrop~
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Couldn't decide on 1 so I voted for a few.

Predator
11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Amazing on how you left Ahmed Deedat out , but kept Zakir Naik who was his student

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

I have to say Sh.Ahmed Deedat.

Others are:
Bilal Assad
Nouman Ali Khan.
Zahir Mahmood
Dr Amr Khaled
Sh Anwar Al awlaki
Khalid Yasin
Murtaza Khan etc etc.

And many more and some I can't remember names too and some may have been mentioned already.

Masuma
11-18-2011, 01:58 PM
many of them i dun even know. and many of my fav ones aren't in the list. :p

MartyrX
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I like listening to Yusuf Estes.

syed1
11-19-2011, 07:21 PM
hey, yeah I began listening to him yesturday too... he is very serious but with an underlying coat of humour instilled in his speeches..

YusufNoor
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
Hi everyone,

As we all know there is an event called Reviving the Islamic Spirit approaching very quickly (December 25) and it attracts of 1000's of people from around the world to come witness this event...

I just wanted to take a poll and see who is your favour speakers and why!
:sl:

my absolute favorite is Dr Bashar Shala. i love his style as well as content. his lectures are posted here:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...wi%20%28saw%29

my favortes:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me..._Surah_Al-Kahf

and these:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...ulafah+Rashida

second would be Mufti Ishmael Menk, his perfect English and the skill that he has in projecting a positive view of Islam is way cool. lectures here:

http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

third would be Dr Abu Aminah Bilal Philips. i like the depth of his knowledge for a revert. Sheikh Muhammad Awal is a personal friend and i like his fresh approach as a daiyee. Br Yusuf Estes is also a good source. Jamal Zarabozo has some fine lectures as well.

although i'm not Sufi, i'm rather fond of Sheikh Imran Hosien. i find myself agreeing with much of what he has to say and i like the way that he is not afraid to speak his mind when it comes to what he feels is the truth.

Nouman Ali Khan is also a brother who i admire, his lectures are most beneficial.

and last but not least is Dr Abdullah al-Farsi of QSEP. i dig his no-nonsense approach to the Qur'an and Sunnah. lectures here:
http://qsep.com/EemanDVD/AboutShaikhalFarsi.htm

those are my favorites and they provide me with quite an education.

wa Salaam

truthseeker63
11-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Shabir Ally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabir_Ally

Galaxy
11-21-2011, 01:11 AM
I listen to a brother from Saudi Arabia, masha Allaah I learned a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ONEWAYTOPARADISE

Abz2000
11-21-2011, 02:14 AM
anwar awlaki's not there so i won't vote,
anyway - i believe these statistics just help those bots and subverters who trawl through internet mining data to get a clearer picture of us and aim their propaganda more effectively at the muslim community.
it doesn't help us much though.

A,Jusufi
11-25-2011, 01:13 AM
My favourite islamic speaker is
Muhammed Hussein Jakub

but,since his not in the list ,i voted for Zakir Naikmhis great too!

جوري
11-25-2011, 02:54 AM
I don't see any of favorites here.. obviously Anwar Al'Awklai Allah yer7mo had alot to do with reviving the Islamic spirit in me..
there is also Dr. Salah Ar'rachid and Ahmad deedat and sheikh sh3rawi..

:w:

'Aleena
11-25-2011, 10:35 AM
:sl:
Sh Zahir Mahmood
Abdul Nasir Jangda
Nouman Ali Khan
Ahmed Deedat
Imam Anwar al-Awlaki
Dr. Israr Ahmed

syed1
12-11-2011, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
obviously Anwar Al'Awklai Allah yer7mo had alot to do with reviving the Islamic spirit in me..
yes sister I am sure man others have had a impact on you in reviving your islamic spirit but this thread was dedicated to those speakers who annually attend an event here in toronto called "reviving the islamic spirit" which is approaching in 3 weeks inshallah ...

here is a link to it if you are curious http://www.revivingtheislamicspirit....tion/index.php

PouringRain
07-03-2012, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aleena
Abdul Nasir Jangda
This one.

Ali137
07-14-2012, 06:10 PM
there are other speakers not on the list

Atheeq
07-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Atm I like listening to Muhammad Abdul Jabbar

IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I felt hurt that Abdul Hakim Murad isnt on that list :(

PouringRain
07-17-2012, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I felt hurt that Abdul Hakim Murad isnt on that list :(
Perhaps someone should make a new list.... taking the names on the current list, including all of the names in this thread that are not listed, and soliciting suggestions for additions.

I am just now imagining how long that list could be.

Al-bint
07-18-2012, 11:05 AM
As-Salaamualaikum!

Apart from Nouman Ali Khan I even like Sheikh Khalid Yasin & Sheikh Anwar Al-Awlaqi (late)...
I like how these three speakers explain anything they are asked & their examples seem so simple to understand.... at least to me!

wasalaam!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2012, 02:14 PM
^ hang on, I thought anwar al awlakis death was a rumour? I thought he was confirmed alive?

Al-bint
07-19-2012, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ hang on, I thought anwar al awlakis death was a rumour? I thought he was confirmed alive?
ehn? I dont know may be! I'd rather hope so. My friends gave me a lecture of their's saying that it was their last one. Wallahu Aalim!

wasalaam!

ILuvAllah
07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
I like Dr Zakir Nouman Ali and Abdullah Hakim Quick.

Mr.President
08-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Hamza andreas tzortzis and Yasir Qhadi

Serendipity
08-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Nouman ali khan, yasir qadhi, muhammed abdul jabbar,zakir naik, sheik shinqitee

jimbo123
08-18-2012, 02:28 AM
I like Dr Zakir Naik and I also find Yasir Qadhi talks very motivational.

Scimitar
08-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Everytime I hear Habib Ali al Jifri speak, I end up in tears... this man clearly belongs in the 7th century... we are so blessed to have him with us.

May Allah continue to raise him in status, Ameen.

please let me share just one more... this is amazing, if you haven't seen this, see it:

Scimi

Jedi_Mindset
08-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Sheikh habib ali al-jifri is indeed one of my favorite sheiks!

Sheikh imran N hossein, sheikh khalid yasin, sheikh anwar al-awlaki(Ra), hamza yusuf and sheikh nouman ali-khan are on my list also, very intelligent scholars, we need to be happy that there are still scholars like this, they're dissappearing sadly...

Serendipity
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't think nouman ali khan is a scholar

Pure Purple
08-20-2012, 12:21 PM
It was very difficult to choose.I voted for Mufti Taqi Uthmani.Also I like Nouman Ali khan's tafsir lecture

Muhaba
08-20-2012, 02:54 PM
The question asked "who is favorite preacher, scholar, etc." Well, one of my favorite scholars is Maulana Maududi, writer of Tafheem Ul Quran Quran commentary and many other great Islamic books, some of which i have read. Tafheem Ul Quran is in Urdu, but it's english translation The Meaning of Quran is also available, as well as translations in many languages such as Turkish. It is a comtemporary tafseer that everyone should study to get insight and analytical skills. Many ppl hav praised this tafseer. In Syria I met a Turkish woman who said she reads the tafsir in Turkish and loves it. So if you can, get a copy and read it. I assure you, once you start, you won't be able to put it down. I couldn't! I read some really long surah translation + tafsir in just 24 hours.

The great thing about maulana Maududi's tafsir is that he doesn't write useless material. what he writes has a point. for example, he may quote from encyclopedia britannica, the bible, history, etc but not unnecessarily. Whatever you read in his tafsir will make you gain insight and give you the answers to many questions. And I assure you you won't find objectionable material in his tafsir. He was a truly great scholar, gifted and sincere. May Allah reward him much and keep his great work from being wasted. Ameen.

Scimitar
08-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Whoa... thanks for this recommendation.I have been looking for something like this for a while...

Is there an online pdf available?

Scimi

Haya emaan
08-20-2012, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Whoa... thanks for this recommendation.I have been looking for something like this for a while...

Is there an online pdf available?

Scimi
here it is..
http://www.quranenglish.com/tafheem/

Serendipity
08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
The question asked "who is favorite preacher, scholar, etc." Well, one of my favorite scholars is Maulana Maududi, writer of Tafheem Ul Quran Quran commentary and many other great Islamic books, some of which i have read. Tafheem Ul Quran is in Urdu, but it's english translation The Meaning of Quran is also available, as well as translations in many languages such as Turkish. It is a comtemporary tafseer that everyone should study to get insight and analytical skills. Many ppl hav praised this tafseer. In Syria I met a Turkish woman who said she reads the tafsir in Turkish and loves it. So if you can, get a copy and read it. I assure you, once you start, you won't be able to put it down. I couldn't! I read some really long surah translation + tafsir in just 24 hours.

The great thing about maulana Maududi's tafsir is that he doesn't write useless material. what he writes has a point. for example, he may quote from encyclopedia britannica, the bible, history, etc but not unnecessarily. Whatever you read in his tafsir will make you gain insight and give you the answers to many questions. And I assure you you won't find objectionable material in his tafsir. He was a truly great scholar, gifted and sincere. May Allah reward him much and keep his great work from being wasted. Ameen.
I have his english translation of the Qur'an, which helped me a lot. May Allah reward him ameen.

Muhaba
08-21-2012, 07:15 AM
I posted commentary of two surahs in the Quran forum (surah Al-Hujaraat and Surah Rum). You may want to check them out. I also started posting Surah Al-Anam, but haven't been able to post much. Insha-Allah i will try posting more asap. Maulana Maududi's tafseer is simply beautiful and a must read for everyone who wants to study Islam.

footy_craze
08-24-2012, 04:20 AM
I usually listen to lectures about Quran so my fav are Nouman Ali Khan, Mufti Menk and Shaykh Sulaiman Moola

Serendipity
08-24-2012, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by footy_craze
Shaykh Sulaiman Moola
I like his accent as well.

Signor
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Woah,Am i The only one who have heard Murtaza Khan?Give him a try atleast.Besides him I like to listen to Sheikh Imran Hosein,Hamza Yousaf,Habib Ali Jafri(to some extent) and Dr.Zakir Naik in english and Dr.Israr Ahmed,Maulana Tariq Jameel in Urdu

Serendipity
08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow
Woah,Am i The only one who have heard Murtaza Khan?Give him a try atleast.Besides him I like to listen to Sheikh Imran Hosein,Hamza Yousaf,Habib Ali Jafri(to some extent) and Dr.Zakir Naik in english and Dr.Israr Ahmed,Maulana Tariq Jameel in Urdu
I did hear of Murtaza khan before, his style doesn't really suit me.

Mughal
08-28-2012, 05:10 AM
It is always good idea to listen to everybody to learn and then be able to make up your own mind sensibly. Nobody knows everything but all tell you something to remember them for. People who blindly follow others become problem for rest of ummah. if we want unity of ummah we must be willing to see each other's points of views and try our best to come closer to each other than fall apart.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!