/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hijabs

Marina-Aisha
11-18-2011, 12:54 PM
hey everyone just wanted to tell you wot happened yesterday... i was out yesterday picking my daughter from nursery and i saw this creep at the bus stop(he was drunk i wasnt even that close to him and i could smell drink on his breath)anyways i just arrived at the bus stop when he started to speak to me...
him:do you speak english
me: sorry?
him: is the bus coming?
me: no
then he walked away, i kinda freak me out alittle, i was going to try and put hijab that day but i was running late and i wasnt sure if i did right so io decded when i had more time i would put it on...i totally regret it as it proberly wouldnt have happened if i had it on......also i was just wondering as long as its not bright it can be different colours other then black right?as long it doesnt bring attension(sorry im spelling is really bad)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummshareef
11-18-2011, 06:13 PM
:sl:

Sister, your experience is a perfect illustration of why hijab is fard. It almost certainly wouldn't have happened if you had been wearing hijab, so insha'allah you will learn from this horrible experience.

As far a colours are concerned, it is best to avoid any bright colours or flashy patterns or designs - you are correct that hijab is not intended to attract attention, insha'allah quite the opposite. So go for subdued colours. As well as black, I love dark brown, dark blue and bottle green.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Also to add be sure that your intention is entirely for the pleasure of Allaah SWT.

Marina-Aisha
11-19-2011, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummshareef
:sl:

Sister, your experience is a perfect illustration of why hijab is fard. It almost certainly wouldn't have happened if you had been wearing hijab, so insha'allah you will learn from this horrible experience.

As far a colours are concerned, it is best to avoid any bright colours or flashy patterns or designs - you are correct that hijab is not intended to attract attention, insha'allah quite the opposite. So go for subdued colours. As well as black, I love dark brown, dark blue and bottle green.
its just a see alot of girls wear leopard pattern and bring colours so i wasnt sure..

format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Also to add be sure that your intention is entirely for the pleasure of Allaah SWT.
of course i do

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!