/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you run out of things to talk about with someone?

Salahudeen
11-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Me and my friend have known each other since 2007, as a result we know everything there is to know about each other, I've noticed when we meet up we don't have anything to talk about after 10 mins, so it's very quiet what are you supposed to do when you've run out of things to talk about? does there come a point where you just enjoy the presence of each others company regardless if you talk or not? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-19-2011, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
does there come a point where you just enjoy the presence of each others company regardless if you talk or not?
sure, if you have a great friend, then you can spend endless hours just agreeing with each other, nodding and smiling.. ;D;D

IslamicRevival
11-19-2011, 12:45 AM
^ Lol, Thats a quality of a true friend!
Bro Salahudeen, Get your thinking cap on and start a thought provoking conversation..politics, religion, or whatever you guys are interested in. Im sure theres plenty of things to talk about!

Salahudeen
11-19-2011, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
^ Lol, Thats a quality of a true friend!
Bro Salahudeen, Get your thinking cap on and start a thought provoking conversation..politics, religion, or whatever you guys are interested in. Im sure theres plenty of things to talk about!
The trouble is, nothing comes into my mind :hmm: I used to be good at talking in my younger days, I could just go from 1 topic to another in a natural flow, but now nothing comes, like brain dead

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed1
11-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Hey sal, it really depends on what you guys are interested in... what do you guys do when you get together? I don't know any thing about you so I can't say much... but do you like video games? maybe your older than that? do you guys go out to eat or play cricket ? engage in activities.. when I'm with my guy friends if we don't have much to talk about I'll just strike up a convo about what there doing tomorrow or how a documentary I watched or anything really.. I don't give it much thought since they are my friends and i could care less what they think of me so ill say anything

Abz2000
11-19-2011, 10:57 AM
bro - it looks to me like you're thinking too much about what to say, they can be the most awkward moments.
there are so many issues we can talk about, the state of the Ummah, khilafah, cars, books, sparring, something you plan to design, how you're going to make it. anything, like syed said - i too don't give much of a d*mn what people think about what i have to say as long as i stick to the right,
i do go through a lot of youtube videos with visitors etc, serious or comedy, when there's not much else to do. (my tv aerial's pulled out - i tell them hard luck).
but there's so much happening in the world that i don't seem to be able to run out of important topics to talk about which affect us all, and that works towards enlightening each other too.

Ghazalah
11-19-2011, 12:24 PM
You're looking to much into, if there's nothing to say it's no biggy cuz it's not as if it's an awkward moment or anything. Just relax and be yourself :D

Endymion
11-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Do you have any idea you remind me of the most beautiful,most memorable days of my life.(Sigh) Looking back when Endy was a all time happy college girl :hmm:
Me and my friend Ayesha were indeed one of our kind.When ever we met,we start talking and we both speak at the same time,pause at the same time and there was no one to listen,both girls just speak but that was just for 10 minutes.After 10 minutes,we both done talking and keep quiet and then after a few minutes,Ayesha look at me and ask me to say something but we both had nothing else to say.The same we did at phone and usually we just enjoyed each others presence :statisfie

It was our last week in the college and spring was in the air.Ayesha and i planned to enjoy those moments.After speding all our pocket money on rubbish tuk shop items,we decided to have some candies.We had some coins left so we bought candies and as we put them in mouth,we both discovered at the same time that they had a nasty taste.We both looked at each other,spat them out at the same time and then we laugh hard.After that,we went in the corridor and sat on the stairs.We both were quiet and just feeling those moments.The golden lights of sun coming from the grills and the mild,fragrant breeze of spring,those moments were priceless.I wish i was a writer to sketch the beauty of those moments and the silence so you will know sometimes silence and enjoying such moments with a friend is worth more that a treasure.I can never forget the beauty of those days.Some times,saying anything is not that important.Having a good companion who even understand the words you did'nt say is no doubt a blessing.So,my dear brother,dont waste these precious moments in thinking what to say.Enjoy the companion ship of a friend who know you from inside.There is no need to say anything.Ask me,i can spend all my money,all the worldly expensive things to bring back those days in my life.Now,Ayesha is married and we have no time to enjoy each others presence imsad

The presence of a friend is actually everything no matter you dont have interesting to talk about.Enjoy them any way.Sometimes when spring starts,i sit alone and enjoy my precious memories of college life and after an hour my sis point out that i keep on smiling like an idiot without any reason :skeleton: Real bro's and sis are ...........:grumbling

Riana17
11-19-2011, 02:15 PM
i love it Sis Endy, ahaha im talkative too and I love to make people laugh for hours but since becoming Muslimah I am trying to calm down lool

Muezzin
11-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Me and my friend have known each other since 2007, as a result we know everything there is to know about each other, I've noticed when we meet up we don't have anything to talk about after 10 mins, so it's very quiet what are you supposed to do when you've run out of things to talk about? does there come a point where you just enjoy the presence of each others company regardless if you talk or not? :hmm:
As long as an awkward silence isn't followed by words to the effect of 'okay, bye', you should be all right.

Endymion
11-19-2011, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
i love it Sis Endy, ahaha im talkative too and I love to make people laugh for hours but since becoming Muslimah I am trying to calm down lool
Lol you remind me of something else.One of my Aunt is very cute,loving and kind.Her kids are also very sweet. They are born Muslims but not practicing muslims.Her daughters are very out spoken and silly.The whole family was too much into unIslamic stuff,movies and things like that.
A few years before,she become very Islamic and she is trying to move her family to the islamic stuff.She dont let them watch movies,no music,no photography at all.Kids are really unhappy with this situation.Last year they came to visit us.My mom asked her daughter whats going on and she was like,Ahh...what to tell you Aunty.Life has now become very difficult as mummy embrace Islam :giggling:
Gave us a good laugh lol

P.S.Obviously thats sad in a way but for that time,we laugh hard :p

Hamza Asadullah
11-19-2011, 02:49 PM
:sl:

We should never feel that we have to talk just for the sake of talking or not wanting those awkward silent moments. If you know each other that well then those quite moments shouldnt be all that awkward as you are so comfortable with one another.

I dont agree that one should just start useless debates and discussions. It is better to talk about that which will benefit the both of you in this world and the hereafter. Surely talking about useless things and having pointless fruitless debates and discussions will only ever waste our valuable time and more likely than not cause us to accumalate sins.

Therefore it is far better to be silent than to say something of no benefit for the either of you.

I would suggest the both of you could listen to beneficial online lectures togather or maybe bring a good Islamic book and read bits to each other and also talk about the greatness of Allah.

Go to the Masjid together or to a good talk as there are many regular talks and lectures all over Uk nowadays. Have a nice meal or go to see other mutual friends and always try and ensure that the remembrance of Allah occurs in every gathering. If a useless debate or topic is about to start then divert the topic immediately.

Remember Any gathering devoid of the rememberance of Allah will be a gathering of people in utter regret on the day of judgement.

So golden rule in ALL situations: If we have nothing good or beneficial to say, then it is better to say nothing at all.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!