/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How valid are these claims?

syed1
11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
I am sure many of you have come across those little books at your muslim book store that have small duas and things for you to recite...

they claim that if you read this verse x number of times God will grant you this

of if you memorize the first 10 verse of this you will be protected form the the anti chirst

or if you read this word 125 times you this god will open the gates of paradise ...

any ways, i hope you get my point by now...

my question is.. how valid are these claims.. that if you read some thing x number of times this will happen ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
11-20-2011, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
I am sure many of you have come across those little books at your muslim book store that have small duas and things for you to recite...

they claim that if you read this verse x number of times God will grant you this

of if you memorize the first 10 verse of this you will be protected form the the anti chirst

or if you read this word 125 times you this god will open the gates of paradise ...

any ways, i hope you get my point by now...

my question is.. how valid are these claims.. that if you read some thing x number of times this will happen ?
There should be a reference to a hadith for such things, for example there is hadith that mentions if you memorize argh my memory fails me, It's either the first 10 verses or the last 10 verses of surah kahf then you will be protected against anti christ,

also there's hadith about reciting laa ilaa ha il Allah hu, wahdahu la sha reeka la hu, la hul mulku wa la hul hamdu, 100x after fajar, and you will be protected on that day you read it from shaytaan, and the reward is equal to freeing 10 slaves.

So whenever you see something like that just make sure there's a hadith backing up what it's saying.

syed1
11-20-2011, 12:07 AM
well i guess this leads to the other question...

posted on this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/hadeeth/...th-really.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!