/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 7 Sayings From The Salaf.

Tawangar
11-21-2011, 05:35 AM
:sl:

1) It is reported that Al Husain ibn Muhammad said: Muhammad b. Ismâ`îl Al-Bukhârî was distinguished with three qualities – in addition to the rest of his praseworthy traits: He never spoke much, he never yearned for what people had. He would never occupy himself with other people’s affairs; all his attention was towards knowledge.
Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ`

2) Muhammad b. Wâsi’ said: I have lived amongst men who were such that one of them would lie with his wife on the same pillow and his side of the pillow would be soaked with his tears under his cheek without his wife even noticing.
Ibn Abî Al-Dunyâ, Al-Ikhlâs wa Al-Nîyah

3) It is reported that Umm Razîn said: I used to gift perfume to Ibn ‘Abbâs(ra). He said: “There is nothing the Quraysh like more.” She added, “And he would give us Al-Wars (a plant whose leaves are used to dye fabric).”
Ibn Abî Shaybah, Kitâb Al-Adab

4) Shaqîq Al-Balkhî was once asked, “What is the mark of [true] repentance?” He replied, “Continued crying over past sins, deep fear of falling into them again, staying away from bad company, and keeping the company of good people.”
Abû Bakr Al-Daynûrî, Al-Mujâlasah wa Jawâhir Al-‘Ilm

5) It is reported that ‘Â`ishah – said, “Umm Habîbah called for me on her deathbed and said, ‘There used to occur between us the kinds of things that happen between co-wives (al-darâ`ir), so may Allâh forgive me and you those things.’ I said, ‘May Allâh forgive you all those things and release you from [all liability] for that.’ She replied, ‘You have made me happy, may Allâh make you happy.’ And she sent for Umm Salamah and said the same things to her.”
Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ`

6) It is reported that Abû Hâzim Al-Ashja’î said: If you find yourself in a time when speech is accepted as knowledge and knowledge is accepted as deeds [instead of putting it into practice], then you are in the worst time and with the worst people.
Abû Bakr Al-Daynûrî, Al-Mujâlasah wa Jawâhir Al-’Ilm`

7) Ibrâhîm Al-Nakha’î said about the Salaf: When in a gathering, they used to dislike a person showing the best of what he has.
Ibn Abî Al-Dunyâ, Al-Ikhlâs wa Al-Nîyah

http://drabutamim.blogspot.com/2011/07/seven-sayings-from-salaf.html

w
s.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tawangar
11-24-2011, 05:50 AM
Shaykh al-Islam Mawlana Husayn Ahmad Madani (may Allah shower His mercy upon him) advised: ‘‘Loving the din and people of din is a great thing. However, to focus on the faults of others whilst not assessing one’s own faults is incorrect.’’

Tawangar
11-26-2011, 05:06 AM
Sufyân Al-Thawrî said:A man who wanted to write hadîth would [learn] manners and worship for twenty years before starting.
Abû Nu’aym, Hilyatu Al-Awliyâ`, 6:361.

Tawangar
12-02-2011, 05:54 AM
"The best thing the people can pursue is sense of honor. Shunning the company of useless people is wisdom and avoiding them is better than talking to them."
Imam Zuhri.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!