/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serving inlaws

anonymous
11-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Salaam,

I've had a marriage proposal through by a pious brother who has good knowledge and prays namaaz!

Only problem is after much debate he's willing to provide own housing, however after marriage I'll be working but I'll be supported by him also! But he wants me to go round to his mums everyday after work and help his m cook and clean! I've told him its not my duty, but I will help her when I go round but not daily as with work and my own house duties it's just too much! I want to relax also and spend time alone with hubby! He then gets angry saying I'm not worried about reward and pious women would stay day and night cooking and cleaning for inlaws and pleasing their husbands!

The choice of working is my own, as I want to buy a house out front without interest and want to also earn my own money

Is there anyway I can argue my point about serving jnlaws?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-21-2011, 10:27 PM
:sl: sister

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
He then gets angry saying I'm not worried about reward and pious women would stay day and night cooking and cleaning for inlaws and pleasing their husbands!
The situation with regards to women serving their husbands is this:

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
This is a matter on which there is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars.

In Hanafi fiqh, the husband is not only responsible for the maintenance of his wife, but also for the cooking, cleaning, and general maintenance of the house, either by hiring a servant, doing the work himself, or by being lucky enough to have a wife who is willing to do it out of her own free will. If the wife refuses to help out in these areas, she is not to be held responsible and cannot be reprimanded.

This was also the opinion of Imam an-Nawawi, who was a Shafi3i. He said that all the house work that a woman does, is all voluntary on the part of the wife, and if she refused to do any of it, she would not be sinful. What women do is a beautiful voluntary custom that women have been following from the first generations until now.

The opinion of Imams Malik, al-Shafi3i, and Abu Hanifa, and one statement from Imam Ahmad, is that such service is only preferred (mustahabb) but not obligatory.

Abu Thaur, ibn Taymiyya and his student ibn al-Qayyim al-Jauziyyah, and Nasiruddin al Albani are of the opinion that it is obligatory on the wife to serve her husband, within the bounds of what is reasonable and as other women who are like her serve husbands who are like him. She also has to take care of the house, doing things like cooking and so on, in accordance with what is customary among people like her and her husband.

Both sides use various ahadeeth as evidence for their position.

After discussing all of the proofs and evidence, al-Adawi came to the conclusion that it is recommended, but not obligatory, for a wife to serve her husband.

It is recommended, as otherwise too much burden would be placed upon the husband, especially in societies like those of the West where it would be difficult upon the husband to support both the family and take care of all aspects within the house. Neither of them should be put into hardship because of the marriage. The husband should not demand that the wife is superwoman, working outside and then also doing all the household work by herself as well. Both spouses should take into consideration the needs and abilities of the other, and try their best to help, support and please one another.

Jamal Zarabozo feels that there is no strong evidence to support either side for obligation or non-obligation. Both sides should take into consideration the physical capabilities and needs of each other, be understanding to each other, and try their best to please each other.

Source: The Fiqh of Family, Marriage and Divorce, by Jamal Zarabozo, American Open University 1997

And Allah knows best in all matters.
Quote edited from: http://www.islamicboard.com/family-s...ml#post1458738

Islamqa are of the latter opinion (that it is obligatory) but have this concluding paragraph:

What happens nowadays is that the wife – usually – serves her husband and takes care of different matters within the home. There may be a servant to help her with that if her husband can afford it. If the husband knows that the majority of scholars say that it is not obligatory for the wife to serve her husband and take care of the house, I say that one of the benefits of this may be that he will not go to extremes and demand too much of his wife in this regard, and that he will not give her a hard time if she falls short, because what she is doing is not a duty according to the majority of fuqaha’. However, even it is a duty according to some of them – and this is what we think is more correct – the fact that there is such a difference of opinion means that the husband has to look at what she is doing as something voluntary rather than obligatory, or something in which the scholars differ as to whether it is obligatory, so he should be gentle with her if he sees that she is falling short in this regard, and he should encourage her and help her to do it.
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/1704/serving

But he wants me to go round to his mums everyday after work and help his m cook and clean!
With regards to going round to your in laws daily to help with the housework, you are not at all obligated to do this.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/103426/serving

And Allah knows best in all matters and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

:sl:

Perseveranze
11-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

It sounds cultural rather than Islamic. The problem is, how interwined is your potential spouse with his culture. I think, it's nice of you to still be willing to go around every now and then and help the inlaws out, you definitly do get reward for this. But, it being obligatory isn't really something a Muslimah should ever have to go through if she doesn't want to.

Salahudeen
11-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Maybe you could try explaining that people need their own personal space every so often, and going every day is excessive for you, and you will feel suffocated and over worked having spent the day at work, like you're not superwomen that you can wake up early in the morning, spend a long hard day at work, then go to your in laws and start cooking, there's only so much people can handle in one day before they start getting depressed. If he's unable to comprehend/understand this, then you have to ask yourself if he's what you want in a man.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
11-22-2011, 04:59 AM
Assalamualaikum, sister.

Relationship between husband and wife in marriage is different than relationship between employer and employee, or between master and servant. A man marry a woman not to get a servant, although serve the husband is the wife's duty. A woman marry a man not for wealth, although fulfill the wife needs is the husband's duty.

Husband and wife have their own duties and responsibilities as a couple of partner in build a family that sakinah, mawadah, wa rahmah.

Actually, if a man marry a woman, it's means he marry this woman family. And if a woman marry a man, it's means she marry this man family. The husband should treat the wife parents like he treat his parents. The wife should treat the husband parents like she treat her parents.

When my mother was alive, whenever she need help from my wife I always asked my wife to help her. When my parents in-law were alive, whenever they need my help, my wife always asked me to help them.

But, I never ordered my wife to serve my mother while I didn't do anything. I am my mother's son. I had duties and responsibilities to serve my mother bigger than my wife duties and responsibilities to serve my mother. And my wife never asked me to serve her parents while she didn't do anything. She had duties and responsibilities to serve her parents bigger than mine.

Back to your case. There are two options of solution.

First, hire a maid to serve his mother everyday. He should pay that maid because this is his responsibility. But after you married him you should participate in paying that maid. Maybe you pay 20% or 50%, depend on you and your husband agreement.

Second, after you married him, you and your husband come to his mother and serve her together. Share the duty, you cook and your husband clean up the house.

These are two options you can offer to him. Discuss with him to make decision which one the best between these two options.

However, if he prefer to take the third option, you serve his mother while he doesn't do anything, you should remind him about his duties and responsibilities as the son of his mother.

Riana17
11-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Brother Ardianto really gave the best solution, so far you are my favorite real life advisor Brother. May Allah reward you and give you more strength and knowledge to help people in need.

I got married too and really bad in household chores. really bad and though I am not doing anything at home really, my husband never upset me and he never force me to do or give anything to the no. 1 woman in his life (his mom), he said its his duty so & so

Now Sister, I hope you will be stronger enough to try his suggestions. May Allah bless your marriage and may you meet your dreams inshallah.

anonymous
11-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Why would I pay some money towards a maid to help his mum out? I rather give money to my parents who are renting a property! I'm not asking him to serve my parents as that's my duty as why is he?

I'll make the situation more clear! This man has a sister where her inland hate her so she doesn't even go to see them and goes to see her mum everyday an spends more time there than her own house! His mother has more than enough help around the house and also his brother who has a wife lives with the mother who helps out so there isn't a need for me to go round daily! I said I'll go Roy's when I can and help out but I wanna be stress free and not be tired and always wanna c my parents every two weeks and they live 200 miles away so I cannot be exhausted to see them!!!

Finally he said he will help around our own house he will do the ironing and Hoover but at his ms he won't lift a finger!!! I have specifically said to him I will work and save all the money and buy a house one day upfront with no interest yet that's not good enough! I don't feel it's 50:50

Also his sister interferes a lot and told us don't live too far etc h need to look after mum etc etc

Muslim Woman
11-22-2011, 04:39 PM

I live in a Muslim majority country and it's very much expected here for son to take care of parents . It's said that sons are like the sticks of parents i.e as old people depends on stick , parents depends on sons . Daughters are not responsible to take care of parents or spend for them .

If daughter in law does not support hubby , then it becomes very hard for a son to spend for parent and look after them .

But it's not a must for a woman to cook for in laws , specially if her husband can spend money on maids.

Sis , remember , Anything good u do for the sake of Allah , u will be rewarded . So , if ur marriage proposal comes from a pious person , offer Istekhara salat . If ur mind goes with this proposal , then try to find a solution . Try to hire a maid and ur husband must pay for it .

may Allah grants what is best for u.

anonymous
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
It's a child's duty to look after parents, it cannot e said it is just the sons as some people don't have sons and only daughters. Like I Said before his mum is healthy and his sister helps out as she practically lives there, so y the need for me to go round daily is really confusing. I just don't want to go round daily I want my own space and privacy, which doesn't mean I'll stop my husband to go I've even said u can go daily but as long as u make time for me also and not to neglect me. I said I will go round but my daily and when I do I'll help out.

So what am I saying which is unfair?

I have also done istikhara and general dua and thwart seem positive towards this brother however if we sisagree on matters like this how will it work?

Insaanah
11-22-2011, 06:12 PM

You are not saying anything at all unreasonable, and you've shown that you're willing to make a compromise by going round every so often and helping out, even though it's not an obligation for you, and even though serving his parents is his duty, not yours. And a large part of marriage is compromise, which you're already showing. Just make sure that you're not doing all the compromising and that there is some coming from the other side.

Even though you may be generally feeling good about him as a potential husband, even things like this have the potential to make your married life a complete misery. Don't understimate getting the practicalities of daily life sorted. And you are indeed right, how will it work if there is no agreement? What does your wali say? Think carefully, try for an agreement, but if there isn't one, that could be a sign that he's not right for you. If he can't compromise on matters before marriage, what about afterwards?

May Allah make things easy for you, ameen.

anonymous
11-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Jazakalllah Insanaah, very good reply!!

Because I said I want my own space, he feels he is doing the most biggest thing in life leaving his mother, but let me add his brother and wife are now living there, and his sister goes round daily and so will u future husband. Secondly she looks after her daughters children while she works so she's never alone and she has a husband!!

This brother just says I should listen to a husband as my duty is to please him and I should be doing things for reward!!! What part of I will go round but not daily isn't he understanding?

My mother tells me I should go round daily and help cooks nd clean because my mother served her inland and so should I! Arghhhhhhhggg

Insaanah
11-22-2011, 06:59 PM

This brother just says I should listen to a husband as my duty is to please him and I should be doing things for reward!!!
This is ringing alarm bells sister. Either he truly lacks knowledge on the roles and responsibilities of husband and wife in Islam, and which case he should be willing to learn, or he just wants you to do whatever he says. You are under no obligation to be doing things for reward, no one can force you to do anything for reward, that is between you and Allah, and not your husband or anyone else. Also, how he is saying you should just listen to what he is saying, again marriage is supposed to be a partnership, not a dictatorship.

I know you're thinking he's pious, he prays etc, but unfortunately there can be, and are, some "pious" people out there who know all aspects of piousness apart from that towards their family.

See how things go, and how you feel, otherwise if he's not right for you, and Allah sent him your way, then He can also send you someone better.

Your mother may have served her in laws, but that doesn't mean that you have to, because Islamically you are not obliged at all to serve your in laws. I wonder if she spent a long day out at work earning for the house, to then go to her in laws to do their housework, and then go to her own house to do her own housework, every day. You are not hoping to be a slave sister, but hoping to be a wife, who cooperates within reasonable bounds for the happiness and well-being of the house. But what you're being told is not reasonable, nor expected of a wife in Islam. Just don't let yourself be pressurised into accepting this if you're in any way unhappy about it, and make du3a that Allah makes things clear for you and guides you to the best outcome.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

anonymous
11-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Insanaah I thank u so much for your understanding in this matter.

He says Islam is about pleasing a husband and that will please him me helping his mother!

Secondly no my mother did work and look after us and help cook and clean for her in laws, not just the mother an father but also my uncles. However my mother has ha a bad marriage, but she's had a lot of patience to tolerate a lot of crap and yet still serve her inlaws

Insaanah
11-22-2011, 07:32 PM
He says Islam is about pleasing a husband and that will please him me helping his mother!
That doesn't wash sis, that's trying to force you, and trying to make you feel guilty, and as though you're doing something wrong by saying that you won't be able to do it as often as he wants you to. Islam is not about being taken for a ride. In fact the fiqh book I referred to in the first post, mentions specifically the types of men who insist that the wife must obey their every command referring to excessive and beyond reasonable serving of him/his family "to please him". And then they say that this is Islam, and if you don't do what we say, you're in the wrong. This is so wrong sis. It is what they are doing that's not correct Islamically, not reasonable, not just, and not fair.

anonymous
11-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Thank you so much you have really put things into perspective for me!

Can u give me evidence from Quran to avoid men like this who yes are religious but want a women to do as their every command?

Insaanah
11-22-2011, 10:52 PM

^ I don't think there are any. And I'm not suggesting that you don't obey your husband generally, just that you need to be aware of when things are going beyond what is reasonable, as you are getting glimpses now.

But, with regards to the situation you're in, this hadeeth might be relevant, even though at first glance, it may not seem to be:

Narrated Al-Ma'rur: The Messenger of Allah :saws: said: "...Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them." (Translation of part of a longer hadeeth in Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 29)

If an owner is not supposed to overburden a slave beyond what he/she can bear, and if the owner himself is supposed to join in the work and help the slave in fulfilling the work if he does order the slave to do more than the slave can reasonably do, then how much more so must this be true in the case of the wife?

How unjust would the slave owner be if he burdened his slave with more than he could cope with, and then when the slave says to him that he is not be able to do that much, he says, "Just do as I say, and please me."? This is in direct contravention of the above hadeeth of the Prophet :saws:, so how much more wrong is it in the case of the wife?

So it is not correct for him to order you to serve his mother, while not doing anything himself, on top of which you would have your own housework to do.

Also:

The Messenger of Allah :saws: said: "The best of you is the one who is best to his family (wife) and I am the best of you to my family." (at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Maajah)

Al- Aswad ibn Yazid said, "I asked Aisha what the Prophet :saws: used to do in his house. She answered, "He used to join in the housework. But when there came the time for prayer, he would go out to the prayer." (Sahih Bukhari)

It has also been reported that he would mend his own clothes and do other work around the house. (I don't have the references for these)

Try and see if you (your wali) can reach an agreement, and if you can, then alhamdulillah that's great. Just keep in mind the points that have been made, which are not to turn you against him, but to help you see the bigger picture, because when you're stuck in a situation, it's hard to look at it objectively from all facets from within.

May Allah help you and make it easy for you, ameen.

anonymous
11-23-2011, 08:55 PM
thank you very much for your responses.

This brother has previously been engaged to a girl, i have found out that she was seeing other guys when they wanted to get married. however, i also found out he was quite emotionally abusive towards her and would make horrible sexual comments towards her.

i wont comment as it is not correct in this forum.

They say that people that use this type of language are linked to people watching porn. my gut feeling says he watched porn, i dont know why but it does.

Muslim Woman
11-24-2011, 01:21 AM

... i also found out he was quite emotionally abusive towards her and would make horrible sexual comments towards her.

without any proof , don't accept anything as true . May be , someone is trying to turn u agianst him or want to break the marriage proposal.

Talk to your guardian . Take more time before say ' yes ' or ' no ' to the Proposal . Make more dua.

And Allah Knows Best.

anonymous
11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
We have decided not to go ahead with it. He wants someone to always be around his sister and his mother, and be helping his mum out without the bill **** excuses that I am tired lol!

Muslim Woman
11-26-2011, 04:00 PM

excuses that I am tired lol!
how do u know ?

Salahudeen
11-26-2011, 04:01 PM
We have decided not to go ahead with it. He wants someone to always be around his sister and his mother, and be helping his mum out without the bill **** excuses that I am tired lol!
:hmm: then it's for the best, you obviously weren't compatible since you wanted different things. Try and find a soft understanding man.

ardianto
11-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Why would I pay some money towards a maid to help his mum out? I rather give money to my parents who are renting a property! I'm not asking him to serve my parents as that's my duty as why is he?
You didn't tell us before that his mother is not a widow who lives alone. I assumed she need help because she is old and lives alone.

Actually my solutions are test and challenge to know, is he a son who really care to his mother or not. But after I read your next posts, I make a conclusion, he is not an independent person, but a person who under control by his mother and the family. Sorry if I must say honestly, it's not easy to live with a husband like this.

Can u give me evidence from Quran to avoid men like this who yes are religious but want a women to do as their every command?
Avoid him ? do you mean reject his marriage proposal ?. You can ask local ulama, do women have a right to decide, accept or not accept a marriage proposal ?. I know, the answer is, women have a right to decide, accept or not accept a marriage proposal.

anonymous
11-26-2011, 07:22 PM
No his mother is not old or unwell, not is she lonely she is always around people. He is controlled and dependent on his mum and sister too much.

We do want different things, because I said all I can offer is my services to get hen I can and that's not daily. He then said a women shouldn't work in Islam and that she should wear a veil!!!! Which I don't wear a veil and I do want to work. He wants someone always around his sister and mother and doesn't want rubbish excuses like me saying "I am tired to to his mothers"

Is it me or is this jus totally out of order. I really prayer for a pious brother and now I'm back to square one. Maybe I should change ???

ardianto
11-27-2011, 02:48 PM
It can explain why he is emotionally abusive and made horrible sexual comment toward the girl who engaged with him before, .... if that rumor is true.

I don't think he watched porn movie because he could learn those horrible words from people around him without watching porn. But it seem like he is a person under pressure who afraid to someone/some persons who control him.

Now is up to you. Do you still want to marry him or not ?. If you want to marry him, you should able to motivate him become an independent person who dare to make his own decision. Or, he would always force you to follow what his mother want. If you refuse his order, he can be abusive because he is panic, his mother will angry to him.

Basically he can be a good husband, if he can be himself who can make his own decision without pressure from his mother and his sister, and start learn to respect to his wife.

But if you are not able to motivate him become an independent person, sorry, it's better if you wait another man. Probably it will hurt his heart. But, this is not your fault.

anonymous
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
He changed his mind and said he doesn't want a wedding just a nikkah and use money to go Saudi. Insha'Allah greed to this. He said he always wants someone round his mother and sister. I said I'll go round and help when I can. He then said he doesn't want me to work and to wear a veil. He said islamically I'm not allowed to work and should wear a veil yet I know a women can work as long as she's covered and that some scholars say veil isn't fard. So families have called it off.

Does this mean it wasn't meant to be?

Hamza Asadullah
11-28-2011, 12:31 AM
He changed his mind and said he doesn't want a wedding just a nikkah and use money to go Saudi. Insha'Allah greed to this. He said he always wants someone round his mother and sister. I said I'll go round and help when I can. He then said he doesn't want me to work and to wear a veil. He said islamically I'm not allowed to work and should wear a veil yet I know a women can work as long as she's covered and that some scholars say veil isn't fard. So families have called it off.

Does this mean it wasn't meant to be?

Sister the whole point of talking to a potential spouse before marriage (In the presence of a mahram) is to establish these very things that you have mentioned and to ask each other of expectations etc. It is clear after knowing about each others expectations that the both of you want different things. You should be happy that this is established now otherwise you may have gone through hell and it may have even led to divorce. Unfortunately many couples do not know what they are letting themselves into until it is too late.

You are lucky in that you have been given a clear indication of what he wants and expects from you and you also have an indiciation of what things will be like if you were married to him. Therefore it is best that you cut off contact with him now and try and find some who's expectations are closer to your own and stop wasting your time.

Unfortunately there are many Muslim brothers and sisters out there who are struggling to find partners and at times it is easy to lose hope and become disillusioned. But we must realise that whatever is destined for us WILL happen. Everything happens ONLY by Allahs decree and that includes when and who we marry.

So what we must do is continue to make the best effort we can in trying to find a partner, for that maybe through our families, relatives, friends, local community, Masjids, colleagues and associates, marriage events and even websites.

At the sametime we should make sincere dua with full hope, trust and reliance in Allah and when the time is right then we will get marry for ONLY Allah knows best.

So we must continue to be patient and persevere in trying to find a partner and those that reject you or it does not proceed any further with then know that they were simply not meant for you but know that Allah has someone better in store for you as long as you go about marriage in the right and permissable way.

So You must NEVER lose hope as that is what shaythan wants as he is our enemy and always wanting us to be diverted from the right path and he is wanting us to lose hope in Allah so we stop remembering him but you MUST reject him as he is our enemy for eternity!

So we MUST continue to strive and persevere and be strong and have FULL hope and faith in Allah that he will do what is best for us whenever it is destined for us.

Some of us get married late and some get married early for that is the way life is. But that certainly does NOT mean that you will get any less happiness than those who marry early. It just means that marriage was destined for you later than some. But that may be for the best as Allah knows best why things happen the way they do in our lives.

So we must have FULL trust in Allah that he knows what is best for us and that he will give us our destined partners whenever he feels is the best time.

In the meantime we must continue to explore all of the permissable avenues of looking for a marriage partner and at the same time make sincere dua and put your FULL hope, trust and faith in Allah that he will do what is best for you.

Beg of Allah in dua to help you fulfill your requests especially during Tahajjud time in the third portion of the night.

Also do the following to help you find a marriage partner:

1. Pray 2 rakat salaatul Hajaat:

The hadith regarding it: Abullah ibn Abi Awfa (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever has a need with Allah, or with any human being, then let them perform ritual ablutions well and then pray two rakats. After that, let them praise Allah and send blessings on the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace). After this, let them say,

لا إِلَهَ إِلا اللَّهُ الْحَلِيمُ الْكَرِيمُ
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِين
أَسْأَلُكَ مُوجِبَاتِ رَحْمَتِكَ وَعَزَائِمَ مَغْفِرَتِكَ وَالْغَنِيمَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ بِرٍّ وَالسَّلامَةَ مِنْ كُلّإِثْمٍ
لا تَدَعْ لِي ذَنْبًا إِلا غَفَرْتَهُ وَلا هَمًّا إِلا فَرَّجْتَهُ وَلا حَاجَةً هِيَ لَكَ رِضًا إِلا قَضَيْتَهَا يَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ

There there no god but Allah the Clement and Wise.
There is no god but Allah the High and Mighty.
Glory be to Allah, Lord of the Tremendous Throne.
All praise is to Allah, Lord of the worlds.
I ask you (O Allah) everything that leads to your mercy, and your tremendous forgiveness, enrichment in all good, and freedom from all sin.
Do not leave a sin of mine (O Allah), except that you forgive it, nor any concern except that you create for it an opening, nor any need in which there is your good pleasure except that you fulfill it, O Most Merciful!”

[Related by Tirmidhi and Ibn Maja)

Here is the dua after praying 2 rakat salaatul hajaat:

http://www.central-mosque.com/Dua/11...0of need.htm

2. Give as much Sadaqa as possible for the pleasure of Allah

3. Make much strong dua to Allah particularly in the latter portuion of the night after praying Tahajjud prayer. Cry to Allah if you can for Allah tends the slave who cries and weeps faster than a mother tends its baby.

4. Leave major sins for this gets in the way of duas being accepted.

5. Thank Allah as much as possible for how happy would Allah be with his slave who is thankful to him even though they may be going through difficult trials.

6. Make dua as much as possible in the following situations where dua is more likely to be accepted:

- After every fardh salaat and before going to bed, and after making wudhu(after the wudhu dua), while raining, while azzan is in progress(time when the muezzin pauses during the azaan), after azaan, between azaan and iqmah, when the cock crows, in a religious gathering, while travelling to masjid or on the way to meet a sick person etc

There is also an hour on Jumma where duas are definatley accepted so do as much dua as possible before, during and Jumma, particularly between Asr and Maghrib.

7. Do plenty of durood before and after dua.

Increase the avenues you are currently exploring in order to find a suitable marriage partner like:

9. Ask around for those who have contacts for marriage because in most areas where there are Muslims there are usually 8omen who have contacts which they pass on to people and if it gets to marriage then you just pay them a small fee.

9. Goto proper Islamic marriage events where the girls are accompanied by their mahrams

10. Join some Muslim marriage sites where a mahram is involved like purematrimony.com

11. Ask around your local area in al of your local masjids. You can phone them and they will be more than willing to put you in ouch with the right person who sets up local marriages.

12. Ask close friends or relatives.

13. Recite the following abundantely in your dua's:

Rabbi innee limaa anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeer

[My lord, I am in absolute need of the good You send me]

14. a) Be in the state of Tahaarah (Wudhu)

b) Praise and glorify Allah

c) Have faith that Allah Ta'ala is All-Hearing and your Du'aas will be
accepted.

d)Read plenty of durood shareef (Read much of the Duroode-Ibrahimi, which we read towards the end of Salaah)

So NEVER give up hope because whatever is best will happen for you because with hardship comes ease. When you finally find the one who is destined for you then you will appreciate them so much more because of how difficult it was to find them in the first place.

So please act upon the advice i have given and continue to be strong, strive and persevere and in the end you will be victorious!

May Allah find us the God fearing and pious partners who will benefit us in this world and the next so that together our paths to Jannah will be made easier. Ameen

Riana17
11-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Salam Ukhtee, you can change but for good.

A controlling man will not make you happy, inshallah one who is meant to you will come soon. One who will make you at peace all the time, gives you freedom, someone who has correct knowledge in ISLAM and love you for sake of Allah. Amen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!