/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Racist/Controversial Photo Shown at PUBLIC SCHOOL in Canada. What should I do?

SyrianFellow
11-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Salam Alaikum,

My friend was shown a racist/controversial photo by his teacher. He presented it to the class and asked a few questions, such as why is this humorous and whatnot. My friend then talked to the principle who laughed when seeing the photo and then apologized, he then showed the photo to the vice principle who looked serious and talked to the teacher. My friend then talked to the teacher and the teacher started questioning him about Islam and said that he thinks he shouldn't have shown the photo to the class. In result, he asked him for proof from the Quran about why women should wear a hijab.

I'm asking what you think him and I should do. I strongly believe that this is unacceptable at any public school in Canada.

Here is a photo of what the teacher showed, this is one of the few he showed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-22-2011, 03:18 AM
I think this should be brought before the board of education made public to the media preferably to al jazeera .. If he doesn't do it I'll do it myself. What's the name of this teacher and the school?

Ali_008
11-22-2011, 03:57 AM
:wa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpmoMlR8BBA

Watch the video on youtube and also see the description.

SyrianFellow
11-23-2011, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
I think this should be brought before the board of education made public to the media preferably to al jazeera .. If he doesn't do it I'll do it myself. What's the name of this teacher and the school?
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to make a formal meeting with the teacher and see how it goes first.. I'm just really disappointed that a public school has shown something like this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SyrianFellow
11-23-2011, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
:wa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpmoMlR8BBA

Watch the video on youtube and also see the description.

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it

جوري
11-23-2011, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SyrianFellow
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to make a formal meeting with the teacher and see how it goes first.. I'm just really disappointed that a public school has shown something like this.
I wouldn't let this go considering the principal also had a hearty guffaw. This is a big deal and neither you nor he should be made to explain why a woman dresses this way or that. That 'joke' was meant to be derogatory and injurious and to single out a group of people and isolate them.
It is utterly unacceptable!

Dagless
11-23-2011, 08:56 PM
It is unacceptable BUT if he has apologised and acknowledged he should not have done it then that should be the end of it. You can provide him with proof about hijab but that's a separate thing.
If you take this further it likely could get blown out of proportion and the guy may end up in more trouble or even losing his job (and therefore it will reinforce his prejudices).
Just accept the apology.

جوري
11-23-2011, 09:00 PM
If he apologized to keep his job then it is tongue in cheek I doubt he needs one more thing to enforce his hatred the only regret he has probably is a Muslim student in a class.. I don't know why I have such low tolerance for racists now a days.

Huzzy_786
11-23-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree with ßlµêßêll , How is this even possible? Are they as teachers even allowed? and the principle! Are you serious? If we had proof we could put this forward to Al-Jazeera. (Camera proof etc)

Maryan0
11-23-2011, 10:01 PM
I agree with Bluebell. An apology is too superficial and only Allah knows what other means he will use to single out the Muslim students in his class in the future, probably in a covert manner next time. It does not take a rocket scientist to know that the picture is offensive and should not have been shown to a classroom. I do hope your friend makes a big deal out of it. This reminds of the Teacher who said to a student "you must be sad"( or something along those lines) in front of a whole classroom after Osama Bin Laden died to a little girl.
Salam

جوري
11-23-2011, 10:15 PM
They push to see what they can get away with and it is more common than you think. It happened even to my sis when she was taking a leisure course at the Alliance Française the professor and two racist biatches were constantly mocking Islam & Muslims until my sister filed a formal complaint. The she came to allege that my sister merely misunderstood the language.. Sneaky, nasty, and intolerant to the highest degree.. Our only consolation in that case is that the boss of her was a Moroccan and Muslim, although she still defended her as being reputable and working there for 20 yrs, she did say she'd take actions, whatever those are..
If we all keep quiet then it will become common place. These people would be crucified had it been homos, or Jews or blacks and the receiving end of those insults, yet when it is a Muslim it is applauded and because we let it!!!!

:w:

جوري
11-23-2011, 10:24 PM
have a look at the video here btw
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._lnk3%7C115214

do you find 'wodka' 'vodka' to be 'Anti-Semitic'? even the 'non-jews' are offended .. so what of the 'Iran Evolution' their hypocrisy and double standard is sickening!

GuestFellow
11-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Salaam,

This is not acceptable. The teacher should be reported to an external organisation since the head teacher appears to be incompetent.

IslamicRevival
11-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Disgusting and unprofessional
Report him. Simple as that

SyrianFellow
12-02-2011, 03:49 AM
My friend made a formal meeting with the principle because the teacher is recently failing him after the incident. They are on the process of getting him out of the class. The principle doesn't seem like he's going to take this seriously. I'm going to be reporting this photo to the School District / Newspaper/ News. This is truly unacceptable in Canada. We pay loads of money every year to stop racism. Once my friend is out of class we'll be taking further action and I'll be posting the teachers name, principles name and schools name. I also have a number of other photos which will be shown to the school district.

Thank you for your support.
Syrian Fellow.

جوري
12-02-2011, 04:07 AM
That's what I am talking about!
and judging by the number of guests we've on this thread '7' you probably have a rough road ahead but it is the right things to do.. we let every last piece of crap slide, we're the ones defining what they can get away with!

:w:

Abz2000
12-03-2011, 06:53 AM
what a ridiculous timeline - people wore more clothes the more civilised, wealthy and advanced they became, from things like mammoth-skins to kingly robes, but because these people still have barbaric and lewd tendencies they see things wrong way around and want to assume that civilised people are the opposite of what they are.
tell your teacher to take some history classes next training season.

the moral answer was amazing:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!