/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook = CIA

User29123
11-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Salam,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUsc_d2YNJU&feature=feedu

I
don't know if it is fully true, but I would say so, you can put your whole life story on FB.

the facebook "tracking cookies" keep track of you so they now know I am here!!!

clear your history and log out forever..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bintYahya
11-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Haha, that's funny!

Abz2000
11-23-2011, 11:58 PM
it's been a spying tool for a while, and from the way the mass media were pushing it, possibly even from the beginning

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/100985.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/03/pentagon-monitor-social-networking-threats

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...825f56ec8e.c61

Galaxy
11-24-2011, 01:50 AM
That's the Onion News Network lol

But there was a case earlier this year in which there was a boy who threatened to kill Obama on his Facebook page (of course he was like 13 and he wasn't serious) and he had like the FBI or something after him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nate
11-24-2011, 02:21 AM
they have tracked all that for years, if it runs trough US servers its being filtered, there is people paid to surf all day and collect intel, they did that before 9/11 and its worse now.

Abz2000
11-24-2011, 02:42 AM
Listen for the phone conversation part to see how it helps them come to decisions:

Nate
11-24-2011, 03:04 AM
I love to talk to my mother on the phone and out of nowhere I start off saying keywords in no order, my mother freaks out don't say that you'll trip the monitors LOL ;D

User29123
11-24-2011, 05:04 PM
yes it is fake that video since it's the onion news. However it is also true

facebook now has 800million people + you think the government are not going to check it? Of course they do. You can put all kinds of you details on there, even pictures and videos. Oh and just to say, if you do have a fb make sure when you visit it, you delete the "tracking cookie" i heard it keeps track of all other websites you go to and then puts ads based on the sites u visit. Facebook is monitored. Oh and check their privacy policy to.in fact all social networks major big ones are monitored.

you have been warned

crimsontide06
11-24-2011, 06:38 PM
I really don't care if anyone sees what I say online or what I say on a phone, really shouldn't be an issue for those not doing anything wrong. Though I do think it's pretty crazy that your privacy is violated on facebook. I dont put personal info on facebook. I use it solely for keeping friendships with former high school classmates.

User29123
11-24-2011, 09:49 PM
In USA I think they tack people via GPS it's fully legal as well as far as I heard.

ardianto
11-24-2011, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
facebook now has 800million people +
But many of those accounts are fake !. Even you can buy Facebook fake accounts in large number if you know the seller.

Have you heard about "Facebook account maker robot" ?

User29123
11-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Yes I have, there are a lot of robots there are loads of Youtube as well, however FB sill has a lot of people.

ardianto
11-24-2011, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Yes I have, there are a lot of robots there are loads of Youtube as well, however FB sill has a lot of people.
Yes, beside fake account, Facebook still has a lot of people. Even mostly of fake accounts have been disabled.

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nate
I love to talk to my mother on the phone and out of nowhere I start off saying keywords in no order, my mother freaks out don't say that you'll trip the monitors LOL
lol!!!
it must've worked for a while - but now that darpa's released siri for input from the general public - the keywords will just be filtered out and it will actually raise flags on what people are thinking rather than saying.

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), under its Perceptive Assistant that Learns (PAL) program, has awarded SRI the first two phases of a five-year contract
to develop an enduring personalized cognitive assistant.
DARPA expects the PAL program to generate innovative ideas that result in new science,
new and fundamental approaches to current problems, and new algorithms and tools, and to yield new technology of significant value to the military.SRI has dubbed its new project CALO, for Cognitive Agent that Learns and Organizes.The name was inspired by the Latin word “calonis”, which means “soldier’s servant”. The goal of the project is to create cognitive software systems, that is, systems that can reason, learn from experience, be told what to do, explain what they are doing, reflect on their experience, and respond robustly to surprise.The software, which will learn by interacting with and being advised by its users, will handle a broad range of interrelated decision-making tasks that have in the past been resistant to automation. It will have the capability to engage in and lead routine tasks, and to assist when the unexpected happens. To focus the research on real problems and to ensure the software meets requirements such as privacy, security, and trust, the CALO project researchers will themselves use the technology during its development.

The idea of distributed computing is a very simple concept. Various research projects work with huge volumes of data and computations that need to be processed and analyzed using particular algorithms determined by the research goals.
In order to reduce the time it takes to process raw data, scientists have turned to the distributed computing model in which those computations are broken into components and distributed to distributed computer systems where the CPU of each system works on a computational task and then sends it back to the central server.

remember batterygate?
when apple claimed they didn't know why the 4s had cr*p battery life despite it having a faster cpu and less comparitive load?
the test phones had show up fine but as soon as it was released to the public - it started messing about and apple claimed that they "didn't know why" it was doing this..................
anyone who knows about computing knows that you can isolate software to find out through a process of elimination what is causing the problem.

then i recalled the time when a couple of geeks found out that the iphone was saving location data from as far as 10 months back and snidily uploading it over wifi.(phantom 3g data would have raised red flags on the bill).

but then it's not just apple - the windows phones were also uploading "phantom data" and so probably do the lot.
i know i have an iphone but it won't make me defensive and start protecting it just out of denial....

GuestFellow
11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Ah I think all intelligence agencies monitor facebook to gather information.

~Raindrop~
11-26-2011, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
But many of those accounts are fake !. Even you can buy Facebook fake accounts in large number if you know the seller.

Have you heard about "Facebook account maker robot" ?
But why on earth would anyone want to do this? :hmm:

Nate
11-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Black Hat advertising or spam, its very effective but I only run one facebook account per website and its good advertising.

I have a few survival websites and yes the feds visit our facebook and our websites regularly running trackers on the sites can produce interesting IP addresses

Muezzin
11-26-2011, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Ah I think all intelligence agencies monitor facebook to gather information.
Keep your (Facebook) friends close, keep your enemies closer.

User29123
11-26-2011, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Keep your (Facebook) friends close, keep your enemies closer.
You watch to much movies, lol :exhausted

Huzzy_786
11-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Well... There are no incidences where it proves the CIA have caught someone because of Facebook, So I dont believe this.

User29123
11-27-2011, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Well... There are no incidences where it proves the CIA have caught someone because of Facebook, So I dont believe this.
Well remember UK riots? In London police said they will monitior FB to watch for threats, MI5/CIA they got control of it when they need it.

ardianto
11-27-2011, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
But why on earth would anyone want to do this?
Advertise on Facebook without pay the bill.

But now it can't.

Abz2000
11-27-2011, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
even cops use it

A former Oregon man decided to use the social media website Facebook to let his friends know that he had gotten a construction job in Arizona. That posting did more than update his friends on his life: it also led to his arrest for unpaid

http://www.clackamascountydivorceatt...facebook.shtml

Two teenagers arrested for Facebook posts inciting UK riots

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/t...-uk-riots/2466

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!