/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I know if a hadith is authentic or not?

bamboozled
11-23-2011, 10:27 PM
A friend sent me fowarded me an email it said

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "The wickedest of people is he who harasses his family." The companions (pbut) then asked: "O Messenger of Allah (swt) how does a man harass his family?" He (pbuh) replied: "When he comes home, his wife humbles herself and his children run away, but when he leaves the house, his wife smiles and his family feel at ease." From Hadith Majma' al-Zawaa'id

How do I know if this hadith and quote are authentic, is there such a narration in Bukhari or Muslim?

Allah knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-04-2011, 06:22 PM
:sl:

There is also an alternative translation of this hadeeth, as follows:

Abu Umaamah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah :saws: said:

“The worst man is the one who depresses his family” They asked ‘O Rasool Allah! How does a man depress his family?’ He (saw) answered “When that kind of man enters his house, his wife becomes humbled, his child runs away, and his servant hides away. However when he leaves the house, his wife laughs and his family becomes cheerful and gathers together” (at-Tabaraani, al-Mu'jam al-Awsat vol 8 p337, hadith no 8798)

format_quote Originally Posted by bamboozled
is there such a narration in Bukhari or Muslim?
No. The collection you mentioned, Majma al-Zawaa'id does not include ahadeeth from Bukhari and Muslim, but from Musnad Ahmad, three of at-Tabarani's collections, and some from other collections.

I have not been able to find any information on whether it is sahih, da'eef etc.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!