/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can the Quran match these verses?

schpoogie
11-24-2011, 12:42 AM
In my 1 and a half years of being a Christian I have been actively reading the Bible and growing in faith.
Of course I havn't been ignorant towards other religions, however Christianity is to me; the most beautiful faith I have come across.

After watching countless video's from Christian apologists and Islamic apologists, I kinda get the feeling that any point of view can be made 'correct' by lengthy explanations and impressive vocabulary.

Of course if Islam was true I would accept it
But I have my reasons for believing in Christianity, one of my main reasons is because of the beautiful verses that emphesise love, forgiveness, relationships.
Reading the Gospels was the most shocking book i ever read, the verse that suprised me most was 5:39 "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also"
I think the fact that it was so against the notion of 'eye for an eye' and 'if you're mean to me, i'll be mean to you' which today's society seems to accept.
Jesus really spoke against the norms, in shocking ways, and I've read some verses in the Quran about Jesus but in there he never says to love another.

So, I was just wondering if the Quran can match the universal beautiness of these verses from the New Testament:

1 Corinthians 13 - "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."

Matthew 18:37 - "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself. All the Law and the Phrophets hand on these commandments"

Luke 6:27 - "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you"

John 13:14 - "Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him."

Galatians 2:16 - "know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith inChrist and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified."

Ephesians 4:26 - "in your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold"

Philippians 2:3 - "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing"

2 Timothy 2:24 - "And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth"

James 2:14 - "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead"

James 4:11 - "Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?"

1 Peter 3:15 - "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"

1 John 4:8 - "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
11-24-2011, 06:08 AM
In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
(QS. 1:1)

On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:

Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, Allah divided Mercy into one-hundred parts and He kept its ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down its one part on the earth, and because of that, its one single part, His creations are Merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoofs away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it.” (Book #73, Hadith #29)

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him:
My mercy prevails over my wrath.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, “The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise.” (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.) They (the Prophet’s companions) said, ‘Not even you, O Allah’s Apostle?’ He said, “Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and Mercy on me.” So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah.” (Book #70, Hadith #577) Bukhari

Narrated Abu Sa’id: The Prophet said, “Amongst the people preceding your age, there was a man whom Allah had given a lot of money. While he was in his death-bed, he called his sons and said, ‘What type of father have I been to you? They replied, ‘You have been a good father.’ He said, ‘I have never done a single good deed; so when I die, burn me, crush my body, and scatter the resulting ashes on a windy day.’ His sons did accordingly, but Allah gathered his particles and asked (him), ‘What made you do so?’ He replied, “Fear of you.’ So Allah bestowed His Mercy upon him. (forgave him).” (Book #56, Hadith #684) Bukhari

Narrated ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab: Some Sabi (i.e. war prisoners, children and woman only) were brought before the Prophet and behold, a woman amongst them was milking her breasts to feed and whenever she found a child amongst the captives, she took it over her chest and nursed it (she had lost her child but later she found him) the Prophet said to us, “Do you think that this lady can throw her son in the fire?” We replied, “No, if she has the power not to throw it (in the fire).” The Prophet then said, “Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this lady to her son.” (Book #73, Hadith #28) Bukhari

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, Verily Allah created Mercy. The day He created it, He made it into one hundred parts. He withheld with Him ninety-nine parts, and sent its one part to all His creatures. Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire.” (Book #76, Hadith #476) Bukhari

Ramadhan
11-24-2011, 06:14 AM
And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "uff," and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word.

And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say, "My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small."

Your Lord is most knowing of what is within yourselves. If you should be righteous [in intention] - then indeed He is ever, to the often returning [to Him], Forgiving.

And give the relative his right, and [also] the poor and the traveler, and do not spend wastefully.

Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful.

And if you [must] turn away from the needy awaiting mercy from your Lord which you expect, then speak to them a gentle word.

And do not make your hand [as] chained to your neck or extend it completely and [thereby] become blamed and insolvent.

Indeed, your Lord extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]. Indeed He is ever, concerning His servants, Acquainted and Seeing.

And do not kill your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Indeed, their killing is ever a great sin.

And do not approach unlawful sexual intercourse. Indeed, it is ever an immorality and is evil as a way.

And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly - We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law].

And do not approach the property of an orphan, except in the way that is best, until he reaches maturity. And fulfill [every] commitment. Indeed, the commitment is ever [that about which one will be] questioned.

And give full measure when you measure, and weigh with an even balance. That is the best [way] and best in result.

And do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed, the hearing, the sight and the heart - about all those [one] will be questioned.

(QS. 17: 23-26)

جوري
11-24-2011, 06:19 AM
The bible is replete with errors and lewdness. I wouldn't attribute it to God and I wouldn't want the Quran to match it rather supersede in every sense, along with the sunnah.

6:162-163. Say: Verily, my prayers, my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, Lord of the Universe. He has no partner. And to this have I been bidden and I am amongst the first of those who bow to His will.

25:63. And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

4:65 But no, by your Lord (O Muhammad), they have no Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction.

30:30. So turn thy face to the pure path of monotheism in accordance with the natural disposition (fitrah) which God has instilled in mankind. No change shall there be in [the nature] of God's creation. That is the upright path, but most among mankind know not.

29:2-3. Do people suppose they shall be left saying, "We believe", and shall not be tested? But indeed we did test those who lived before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.

16:125 Call unto the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching and reason with them in the best manner. Verily your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path and and best knows He as to who are the rightly-guided.

29:46 And do not debate with the people of the earlier scriptures (Jews and Christians) except in the best manner, unless it be with the those bent on oppression and injustice. And say 'We believe in that which has been bestowed from on high upon us, as well as that which has been bestowed upon you: our God and your God is one , and it is unto Him that We submit ourselves.

4:140 And indeed He has revealed to you in this Book that when you hear God's revelation being rejected and ridiculed, then avoid their company until they enter into some other discourse; if you did then you would be like them; surely God will gather the hypocrites and the unbelievers all together in Hell.

3:159 And it was by God's mercy that you [O Prophet] dealt gently with them. And had you been harsh and hard of heart they would have disbanded from around you. So pardon them, then, and pray that they be forgiven. And take counsel with them in all matters of public concern; then, when you have decided upon a course of action, trust in God: for, verily, God loves those who place their trust in Him.

21:107 And we have not sent you [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to all mankind.

41:34 The good deed and the evil deed cannot be not equal. Return an evil deed with one that is good. Then he between whom and thyself was mutual enmity shall become as though he were an intimate friend.

8:61 And if the enemy inclines to peace, then incline to peace as well and trust in God. Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing.

60:8 God does not dissuade you from dealing compassionately and justly with those who do not fight you because of your religion nor expel you from your homes. Indeed, God loves those who act justly.

66:8. O you who believe! Repent to God with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, on a Day on which God will not shame the Prophet and those who share his faith: their light will spread rapidly before them, and on their right; [and] they will pray: "O our Lord! Cause our light to shine for us forever and forgive us our sins. Verily, You have power over all things!""

45:23. Have you seen him who takes his own lust as his god, and God knowing (him as such), has left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart, and put a cover on his sight. Who then will guide him after God? Will you not then remember?

49:13 O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is the most pious. Verily, God is All-Knowing, All-Aware.

3:133-134. And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord and a garden as wide as the heavens and earth, prepared for the righteous, who spend [in the cause of God ] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon all people - and God loves the doers of good.

45:18 Then have We established you (O Muhammad) upon the Shari'ah from Our Command, so follow it and do not follow the desires of those who know not.

23:115. Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?
Ahâdîth
The Prophet [peace be upon him]
  1. The Prophet said: 'I am the Prophet of mercy and I am the Prophet of repentance. (Shamâ'il At-Tirmidhî, Musnad Ahmad)
  2. The Prophet said: 'The likeness of me and the Prophets before me is that of a man who built a house which he made all complete and beautiful except for one brick in a corner. People visited and admired it but said: ‘Shouldn’t that brick be put in?’ I am that brick and I am the last of the prophets.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  3. The Prophet said: 'Every Prophet used to be sent to his people alone but I have been sent to all mankind'. (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  4. Ali ibn Abî Tâlib said: 'Anyone who saw him suddenly would stand in awe of him, and anyone who got to know him through spending time with him came to love him. Those who described him said that they had never seen anyone like him, before or since.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  5. 'Â'ishah said: 'The Prophet spoke in a simple and clear way so that all those who heard him, understood him'. (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  6. Anas ibn Mâlik said: 'I was in the Prophet's service for ten years, and he never once said "Uff (i.e. shame)!" to me. When I did something (wrong) he never asked me, "Why did you do that?" When I did not do something (that I should have done) he never asked me, "Why did you not do that?" The Messenger of Allah had the best disposition of all people'. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  7. Abdullah ibn Ja'far said: 'Whenever Allah's Messenger came back from a journey, the children of his family used to (run to) welcome him. This was how he once came back from a journey when I was the first to go to him: he mounted me (on his camel) in front of him. Then one of his daughter Fatimah's two sons came, and he mounted him behind him, and that is how the three of us were brought into Madinah on a single mount. (Sahîh Muslim)
  8. Ka'b ibn Mâlik reported: 'When the Messenger of Allah was pleased, his face lit up as if it was a piece of the moon. That is how we could tell when he was pleased.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Musnad Ahmad)
  9. Abdullah ibn Al-Hârith said: 'I never saw anyone who smiled more than Allah's Messenger'. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  10. Â'ishah said: 'The Prophet never hit anything or anyone - not a woman or a slave - except when he was fighting in the cause of Allah'. (Sahîh Muslim)
  11. Jâbir said: 'Allah's Messenger never said no when anyone asked him for anything at all' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  12. The Prophet said: 'None of you (truly) believes until I am dearer to him than his own parents, his children and all mankind'. (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  13. The Prophet said: 'Whoever asks Allah to bless me once will be blessed by Allah ten times over' (Sahîh Muslim)
  14. The Prophet said: 'Whoever loves my way of life (Sunnah) loves me, and whoever loves me will be with me in Paradise.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

Fundamentals
  1. The Prophet said: 'Actions will be judged according to their intentions.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  2. The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  3. The Prophet said: 'The similitude of the one who contemplates his Lord versus the one who does not is that of the living versus the dead.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  4. Abu Umamah related: 'A man once asked Allah's Messenger, 'What is faith?' He replied, 'When your good deeds make you happy and your bad deeds make you sad, then you have faith.' Then the man asked him, 'What is sin?' THe Prophet replied, 'When anything troubles your conscience, stop doing it'.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  5. The Prophet said: ''Whoever has three qualities will taste the sweetness of faith: To love Allah and His Messenger more than anything else; to love someone for Allah's sake alone, and to hate to return to unbelief just as much as one would hate to be thrown into fire'. (Sahîh Bukharî, Sahîh Muslim)
  6. The Prophet said: 'The burden of proof is upon the plaintiff and the taking of oath is upon the defendant.' (Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
  7. The Prophet was asked about the major sins, and he mentioned: 'To worship other than Allah, to disobey your parents, to commit murder and to give false testimony'. (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  8. The Prophet said: 'Allah will send humiliation upon you and will not remove it until you return to your religion.' (Sunan Abi Dawûd)
  9. The Prophet said: 'If one of you had a stream running at his door and he bathed in it five times every day, do you think any dirt would be left on him?' His companions answered, 'No dirt at all would be left on him.' He said, 'That is what the five prayers are like, with which Allah washes away your sins.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  10. The Prophet said: 'A person's wealth will never decrease from giving in charity. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  11. The Prophet said: 'No creature should be obeyed if it entails disobedience to the Creator.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sharh As-Sunnah Al-Baghawî)

Knowledge

1. The Prophet said: 'The best among you are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  2. The Prophet said: 'Seeking knowledge is a religious obligation for every Muslim (male and female).' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
  3. The Prophet said: 'The cure for ignorance is to question.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  4. The Prophet said: 'Whomsoever Allah wishes goodness for, He grants him understanding of the religion.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  5. The Prophet said: 'Acquire knowledge, and teach it to people; learn your religious obligations and teach them to people; learn the Qur'an and teach it to people.' (Sunan Ad-Dârimî)
  6. The Prophet said: 'The superiority of a religious scholar an (ignorant) worshipper is like that of myself over you (my followers). Truly, Allah, His angels and all those in the heavens and the earth - even the ants in their anthills and the fish - invoke blessings on those who instruct others in anything good.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  7. The Prophet said: 'Allah will not take away (religious) knowledge by removing it from people's hearts, but He will take it away by the the death of scholars, until, when no (true) scholars remain, people will take the ignorant (among them) as their leaders. When they are consulted, they will give their verdicts without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead people astray.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  8. The Prophet said: 'From the signs of the hour is that people will seek knowledge from the asâghir [small ones]. (Al-Lâlikâ'î in Sharh Usûl-I'tiqâd).
  9. The Prophet said: 'Whoever seeks sacred knowledge to vie with scholars, argue with fools, or capture public notice, Allah will enter him into Hellfire.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  10. The Prophet said: 'Whoever seeks that knowledge by which the pleasure of Allah is sought [sacred knowledge] only to acquire some worldly gain, he will not smell the fragance of Paradise on Judgement Day.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Musnad Ahmad)

Character, Etiquettes and Morals

1. The Prophet said: 'Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character (Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik)
  2. The Prophet said: 'There is nothing which is heavier upon the balance than the good character.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  3. The Prophet said: 'Righteousness is good character, and sin is what makes you uncomfortable inside and you would not like other people to find out about.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  4. The Prophet said: 'The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely, or speak rudely.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  5. The Prophet said: 'Whoever is deprived of gentleness is deprived of all good.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  6. The Prophet said: 'Indeed Allah is gentle and loves gentleness, and gives due to gentleness that which He does not give to harshness.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
  7. The Prophet said: 'Whoever suffers an injury done to him and forgives (the person responsible), Allah will raise his status to a higher degree and remove one of his sins.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  8. The Prophet said: 'Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong if they do evil.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  9. The Prophet said: 'Show mercy to those on earth so that He who is in heaven will have mercy on you.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  10. The Prophet said: 'Purity and cleanliness is part of faith. (Sahîh Muslim)
  11. The Prophet said: 'By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer!' He was asked, 'Who, O Messenger of Allah?' He replied, 'Anyone whose neighbor does not feel safe from his harm.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  12. The Prophet said: 'There is no better gift a parent can give his child than good manners'. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  13. The Prophet said: 'No one can give a better or more abundant gift than patience.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  14. The Prophet said: 'Calmness and determination is from Allah and haste is from Satan.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  15. The Prophet said: 'Wealth does not come from having great riches; (true) wealth is contentment of the soul.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  16. The Prophet said: 'Whoever does not thank people (for their favors) has not thanked Allah (properly), Mighty and Glorious is He!' (Musnad Ahmad, Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  17. The Prophet said: 'The believer is one who is sociable [with others], and there is no benefit in one who is not sociable [with others] nor in one who is not met sociably [by them].' (Mustadarak Al-Hâkim, Shu'ab al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
  18. The Prophet said: 'Do not search for (the faults of others), for if anyone searches for (others) faults, God will search for his.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  19. The Prophet said: 'Blessed is he who preoccupies himself with his own defects, rather than those of others.' (Musnad Al-Bazzâr)
  20. The Prophet said: 'The believer is not the one who eats his fill when the neighbour beside him is hungry.' (Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
  21. The Prophet said: 'Make things easy (for people) and do not make them difficult, and cheer people up and do not drive them away.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  22. The Prophet said: 'The food of two people is enough for three, and the food of three people is enough for four.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  23. The Prophet said: 'Eat together and do not separate, for the blessing is in companionship. (Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  24. The Prophet said: 'Modesty is part of faith.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  25. The Prophet said: 'There are two blessings that many people fail to make the most of: good health and free time.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  26. The Prophet said: 'He who does not keep his trusts lacks in faith and he who does not keep his agreements lacks in religion'. (Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
  27. The Prophet said: 'None of you is truly a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  28. The Prophet said: 'The best of you is the one who is best to his own family, and I am the best of you towards my family.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  29. The Prophet said: 'He is not one of us who does not show mercy to our little ones and respect to our elders.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  30. The Prophet said: 'Contemplate those who have less than you and not those who have more than you, lest you belittle the favors of Allah conferred upon you'. (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  31. Once the Prophet was seated at some place in Madinah, along with his Companions. During this time a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his companions remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied, “Was he not a human being?” (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim, Sunan An-Nasâ'î)
  32. The Prophet said: 'Seeking knowledge is a religious obligation for every Muslim (male or female). (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
  33. The Prophet said: 'A truthful and trustworthy merchant will be in the company of the prophets, the very truthful, and the martyrs.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ad-Dârimî, Sunan Ad-Dâraqutnî)
  34. The Prophet said: 'On a journey, the leader of the group is their servant.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
  35. The Prophet said: 'The most virtuous jihâd is when one speaks a word of truth before an unjust ruler.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  36. A disbelieving Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him alone, let him finish and pour water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then explained to the Bedouin calmly, "This is a place of worship, in it is the worship of God and the reading of Qur'an." After the Bedouin had left, the Prophet then said to his companions, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  37. The Prophet said: 'Allah is beautiful and loves beauty.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  38. The Prophet said: 'There is no clement person who has not stumbled, nor is there no wise person who possesses no experience.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Mustadarak Al-Hâkim)
  39. The Prophet said: 'Pay the laborer his due before his sweat dries.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  40. The Prophet said: 'A believer is not stung from the same hole twice.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  41. The Prophet said: 'The wise one is he who has subdued his nafs and has prepared for what follows death. And the foolish one is he who has placed his nafs in pursuance of its desires and has vain hopes about Allah.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  42. The Prophet said: 'Believers are like a single person; if his eye is in pain his whole body pains, and if his head is in pain his whole body pains.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  43. The Prophet said: 'Truly, I have been sent as a teacher.' (Sunan Ad-Dârimî)
  44. Mu'awiyah ibn al-Hakam al-Sulami said: 'By my father and mother, (I swear that) I never saw a teacher, before or after him, who was a better teacher than the Messenger of Allah. By God, he never shouted at me, or punished me, or insulted me.' (Sunan Ad-Dârimî)
  45. The Prophet said: 'If one of you happens to be standing when he becomes angry, then he should take a seat. If this helps his anger to subside, then good and well. Otherwise, he should go and lie down.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
  46. The Prophet said: 'The strong man is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  47. The Prophet said: 'Teach the people and give them glad tidings. Do not make things difficult. And if you get angry, remain silent.' (Musnad Ahmad, Musnad al-Tayâlisî, and al-Adab al-Mufrad Bukhârî)
  48. The Prophet said: 'Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not trouble his neighbor, and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously, and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say what is good, or be silent.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim).
  49. The Prophet said: 'Honesty leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man remains honest and concerned about honesty until he is recorded as an honest man with Allah. Lying leads to sinfulness and sinfulness leads to the Fire. A man keeps lying and remains partial to lies until he is recorded as a liar with Allah.' (Sahîh Bukharî, Sahîh Muslim)
  50. The Prophet said: 'Do not indulge in excessive talk except when remembering Allah. For it hardens the heart; and those who are the farthest from Allah are those whose hearts are hard.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  51. The Prophet said: 'Three things are the sign of the hypocrite: when he speaks he tells lies, when he promises he breaks it and when he is trusted he proves to be dishonest.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  52. The Prophet said: 'Charity (sadaqah) is due upon every joint of a person on every day that the sun rises. Administering justice between two people is an act of charity; and to help a man concerning his riding beast by helping him on to it or lifting his luggage on to it is an act of charity; a good word is charity; and every step which you take to prayer is charity; and removing that which is harmful from the road is charity.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  53. The Prophet said: 'What is little but sufficient is better than that which is abundant but causes heedlessness.' (Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
  54. The Prophet said: 'Two hungry wolves let loose amongst sheep will not cause more harm to them than the harm a person causes to his religion by craving after wealth and fame. (Musnad Ahmad)
  55. The Prophet said: 'A man went out to visit a brother of his in a different village, so Allah, the Most High, put an angel in wait for him in the road. So when the angel came to him he said: Where are you going? He said: I am going to visit a brother in this village. He said: Is it that you have done something for him for which you seek repayment? He said: No, it is just that I love him for Allah's sake. He said: Then I am one sent by Allah to you (to inform you) that Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, loves you, just as you have loved for His sake.' ' (Sahîh Muslim)
  56. The Prophet said: 'The believer is a mirror for the believer, and the believer is the brother of the believer. He safeguards his property for him and defends him from behind.' (Adab Al-Mufrad Bukhârî, Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  57. The Prophet said: 'From the perfection of a person's Islam is that he leaves alone that which does not concern him.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  58. The Prophet said: 'God has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another and boasts over another.' (Sahîh Muslim, Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  59. The Prophet said: 'Two characteristics are not found together in a hypocrite: good manners and understanding of the Religion.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  60. The Prophet said: 'Each of you is a guardian and is responsible for those whom he is in charge of. So the ruler is a guardian and is responsible for his subjects; a man is the guardian of his family and is responsible for those under his care; a woman is a guardian of her husband's home and is responsible for those under her care; a servant is the guardian of his master's wealth and is responsible for that which he is entrusted with; and a man is the guardian of his father's wealth and is responsible fore what is under his care. So each one of you is a guardian and is responsible for what he is entrusted with.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  61. Some of the Companions once asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) to pray to Allah to invoke His curse upon the pagans. He replied: “I was not sent to curse people but as a blessing. (Sahîh Muslim)
  62. The Prophet said: 'Beware of envy, for envy destroys good deeds the way fire consumes firewood. (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
  63. The Prophet said: 'There is to be no envy except with regard to two: A man whom Allah has given wealth which he strives to spend righteously, and a man to whom Allah has given the Wisdom (i.e. the Qur'aan) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  64. The Prophet said: 'There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for a fair-skinned person over a person with dark skin, nor for a dark-skinned person over a person with fair skin. Whoever is more pious and God-fearing is more deserving of honour.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  65. The Prophet said: 'There is no vessel worse for the son of Adam to fill than his stomach. A few morsels are sufficient for him. If he is to consume more then a third is for his food, a third for his drink, and a third for air.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  66. The Prophet said: 'Anyone who kills even a sparrow for no reason (should know that) it will cry alound to Allah on the Day of the Resurrection, saying, "O my Lord! So-and-so killed me just for fun; he killed me for no reason!" (Sunan An-Nasâ'î)
  67. A'isha said: 'I was once riding a difficult (slow-moving) camel, so I kept hitting it. When the Prophet saw me, he said: 'Be gentle, for gentleness adorns everything in which it is found, and its absence leaves everything tainted.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  68. The Prophet said: 'If a Muslim plants a seedling or cultivates a field, whenever a bird a human or an animal eats of it, it will be counted as a charity for him.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Women
  1. The Prophet said: 'Anyone who cares for three daughter, gives them a good upbringing, marries them to good husbands and treats them well, they will enter paradise. The companions asked, "What about two daughters?" He said, "Even two daughters". They asked what about one daughter? He said "even one". (Sunan Abi Dawûd, Musnad Ahmad, Mustadarak Al-Hâkim)
  2. A man came to Prophet Muhammad (P) asking “ O Messenger of God, who among the people is the most worthy of my good company?” The Prophet (P) said “Your mother”. The man said “then who else?” The Prophet (P) said “Your mother”. The man asked, “then who else?” The Prophet (P) replied “Your mother” When the man asked for the fourth time, only then did the Prophet (P) say, “Your father” ( Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  3. The Prophet said: 'Paradise lies at the feet of your mother' (Musnad Ahmad, Sunan An-Nasâ’i, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  4. A'isha, the wife of the Prophet (peace be upon him), said: 'A poor woman came to me carrying her two daughters. I gave her three dates to eat. She gave each child a date, and raised the third to her own mouth to eat it. Her daughters asked her to give it to them, so she split the date that she had wanted to eat between them. I was impressed by what she had done, and told the Messenger of Allah P about it. He said, “Allah has decreed Paradise for her because of it”.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  5. The Prophet said: 'Whoever has a daughter born to him, and he did not prefer his son over him, Allah will admit him to Paradise because of her.' (Mustadarak Al-Hâkim)
  6. The Prophet said: 'There is no one who has three daughters, or three sisters, and he treats them well, but Allah will admit him/her to Paradise.' (Al-Adab Al-Mufrad of Bukhârî)
  7. The Prophet said: 'There is no one among my ummah who has three daughters, or three sisters, and he supports them until they are grown up, but he will be with me in Paradise like this – and he held up his index and middle fingers together. (Mu'jam At-Tabarânî)
  8. The Prophet said: 'The best of you is the one who is best to his wife. I am the best of you to his wife and I'm the best to my wife.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ad-Dârimî, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
  9. The Prophet said: 'The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest to their wives. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  10. The Prophet said: 'None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner. And none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  11. The Prophet said: 'I command you to be kind to women.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  12. The Prophet said: 'The believer should not harbor hatred towards his wife. If he dislikes something in her, then surely he will be pleased with another quality in her.' (Sahîh Muslim)
  13. The Prophet said to Abd-Allah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'Aas, who used to fast all day and pray all night: 'Do not do that. Fast and break your fast, pray qiyaam and sleep, for your body has a right over you, your eyes have a right over you, your wife has a right over you and your visitors have a right over you.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
  14. A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, was asked, "What did the Prophet used to do at home?" She answered, "he kept himself busy helping the members of his household, and when the time for prayer came, he would go out for the prayer". (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  15. The Prophet said: 'Verily among the most evil of people with Allah in ranking on the Day of Resurrection is a man who goes to his wife and whose wife goes to him, and then he spreads her secrets.' (Sahîh Muslim, Musnad Ahmad, Sunan Abû Dawûd)
  16. The Prophet said: 'Iblees (satan) sets up his throne on the water, then he sends out his raiding parties. The closest to him of these troops are the ones who cause the most tribulation (fitnah). One of them comes and says, 'I have done such and such.' He (Iblees) says, 'You have not done much.' Then another one comes and says, 'I never left him alone until I created trouble and caused division between him and his wife.' Then he (Iblees) comes close to him and says, 'How good you are!' (Sahîh Muslim)
  17. The Prophet said: 'A woman may be married for four reasons: for her property, her status, her beauty, and her religion; so marry one who is religious, may you be blessed.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
  18. The Prophet said: 'If any man shows patience with his wife's bad temper, Allah will give him a reward similar to the reward of Ayyub (Job) for his patience, and if any woman shows patience with her husband's bad temper, Allah will give her a reward similar to the reward of Asiyah daughter of Muzahim, the wife of Pharoah (Cf. Qur'an 66:11).' (Al-Kabâ'ir of Adh-Dhahabî)
  19. The Prophet said: 'Consult with women. Indeed, you have some rights over your women and they have some rights over you. It is their right on you that you provide for their food and clothing generously, and your right on them is that they do not let anyone whom you dislike in the house, walking upon your floor. (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
  20. Al-Khansaa’ bint Khidaam complained to the Prophet that her father wanted her to marry someone she didn’t want, saying “I do not wish to accept what my father has arranged.” The Prophet said, “Then this marriage is invalid, go and marry whomever you wish.” Al-Khansaa’ said, “I have actually accepted what my father has arranged, but I wanted women to know that fathers have no right in their daughter’s matters” (i.e. they have no right to force a marriage on them). (Fath Al-Barî Ibn Hajr, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
  21. The Prophet said: 'The most perfect believers are the best in conduct and best of you are those who are best to their wives.' (Musnad Ahmad)
  22. The Prophet said: 'The life of this world is bountiful, and the best of the bounties of this world is the righteous woman.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
11-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Allah's Mercy for those who are merciful towards others

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:
"Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter.
Whosoever alleviates the difficulties of a needy person who cannot pay his debt, Allah will alleviate his difficulties in both this world and the Hereafter.
Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter.

Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother.

Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy covers them, the angels surround them, and Allah makes mention of them amongst those who are in His presence. Whosoever is slowed down by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage."

(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

schpoogie
11-24-2011, 11:24 AM
I realise how subjective this topic is lol
Well I know there are some really nice verses in the Quran,
And of coursel to you the Quran will sound more beautiful and to me the Bible will sound more beautiful.

From the ones listed above, I really liked:

And give the relative his right, and [also] the poor and the traveler, and do not spend wastefully

and,

25:63 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace

I think those are good and universal commands that we should all follow.

Hey Bluebell, could you maybe cut down the list of Sunnah, it is really long and I have to admit I am not a heavy reader xD
Maybe if you could cut it down to the 10 best ones.

Anyway, it's good you showed me these verses, because i've never read them before..
But I was really anticipating for a Quranic verse that commanded universal love, like in Christianity the most important command is to love God and to love mankind.

I mean, Luke 6:27 commands love for people who hate you. That just seems wrong doesn't it?
I mean it's shocking, but I like it.

schpoogie
11-24-2011, 11:28 AM
How do you make it so, that you get an email whenever someone replies to a thread?
Coz i'm not getting emails.... :(

Ali_008
11-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Repel evil with that which is best.
Surah # 23 - Al Mu'minoon - Verse 96

P.s. - "Go advanced", the next time you reply and you can customize your subscription settings from that page.

schpoogie
11-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks bud

Ramadhan
11-24-2011, 12:59 PM
I agree that Qur'an never matches bible in terms of obscenities, lewdness, erotica, coprophilia, incestuous fantasies, cannibalism (not to mention that bible indicates god is obsessed with human faeces)

You may think that erotica and sex and scatology is the word of God, but I differ.

Ezekiel 23:19-21
19 Yet she multiplied her *****doms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.
20 For she doted upon their paramours, whose penis is as the penios of asses, and whose ejaculation is like the ejaculation of horses.
21 Thus thou calledst to remembrance the lewdness of thy youth, in bruising thy teats by the Egyptians for the paps of thy youth.

"And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod. So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet. And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart." (II Samuel 6:14-16)
"Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel today, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!" (II Samuel 6:20)

"Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field; let us lodge in the villages. Let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine flourish, whether the tender grape appear, and the pomegranates bud forth: there will I give thee my loves. The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved." (Song of Solomon 7:11-13)

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them." (Ezekiel 4:12-13)

"But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" (II Kings 18:27)

"And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...." (II Kings 6:28-29)

"And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him. And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also."

Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, [even] the dung of your solemn feasts; and [one] shall take you away with it. (Malachi 2:2-3 )

"If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart. Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it." (Malachi 2:2-3)

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD." (Deuteronomy 23:1-2)

Song of Songs 8:1-3 "If only you were to me like a brother, who was nursed at my mother's breasts! Then, if I found you outside, I would kiss you, and no one would despise me. I would lead you and bring you to my mother's house-- she who has taught me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, the nectar of my pomegranates. His left arm is under my head and his right arm embraces me."

Song of Songs 4:5 "Your two breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that browse among the lilies."

Song of Songs 1:13 "My lover is to me a sachet of myrrh resting between my breasts."

Song of Songs 1:16 "How handsome you are, my lover! Oh, how charming! And our bed is verdant"

Song of Songs 1:2-4 "Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth-- for your love is more delightful than wine. Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out. No wonder the maidens love you! Take me away with you--let us hurry! Let the king bring me into his chambers. We rejoice and delight in you; we will praise your love more than wine. How right they are to adore you!"

Song of Songs 3:4 "Scarcely had I passed them when I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go till I had brought him to my mother's house, to the room of the one who conceived me."

Song of Songs 4:9 "You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace."

Song of Songs 4:10 "How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice!"

Song of Songs 4:12 "You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride; you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain."

Song of Songs 5:4 "I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: 'Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.' I have taken off my robe (i.e., she showed his breasts and vagina to him. Underwears and bras didn't exist back then!) must I put it on again? I have washed my feet, must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him."

"How beautiful your sandaled feet, O prince's daughter! Your graceful legs are like jewels, the work of a craftsman's hands. Your navel is a rounded goblet that never lacks blended wine. Your waist is a mound of wheat encircled by lilies. Your breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle. Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are the pools of Heshbon by the gate of Bath Rabbi.
I said 'I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit.'
May your breasts be like the clusters of the vine, the fragrance of your breath like apples, and your mouth like the best wine. (The NIV Bible, Song of Songs 7:1-4, 8-9)

Ali_008
11-24-2011, 01:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Phew :omg::exhausted+o(

Ramadhan
11-24-2011, 01:13 PM
^ Compared the above to these:

"And in their (the earlier prophets) footsteps We sent Jesus the son o Mary, confirming the law that had come before him. We sent him the Gospel, therein was guidance and light and confirmation of the law that had come before him, a guidance and an admonition to those who fear God." [Noble Quran: 5:46]

"Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden (paradise) whose width is that of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous - Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity or in adversity, who restrain (their) anger and pardon (all) men - for God loves those who do good." [Noble Quran: 3:133-134]

"Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burdens" [Noble Quran: 4:85]

"Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily, to them will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions." [Noble Quran: 16:97]

The parable of those who spend their wealth in the way of God is that of a grain that sprouts into seven ears, each bearing one hundred grains. God gives manifold increase to whom He wishes. God has boundless knowledge. Those who spend their wealth in the cause of God, and do not follow their charity with reminders of their generosity or injure the feeling of the recipient, shall get their reward from their Lord; they shall have nothing to fear or to regret. Kind words and forgiveness are better than charity followed by injury. [Noble Quran: 2:261-263]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Every believer who consoles his brother in distress will be dressed by God in an apparel of honor on the Day of Resurrection." [Fiqh-us-Sunnah:V4N80a]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do you know who will go first on the Day of Resurrection to the shade of God...Those who when given what is right accept it, when asked for something give freely and who judge in favor of others as they do for themselves." [Al-Tirmidhi:1042]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone transgresses and receives punishment in this world, God is too just to repeat the punishment of His servant in the next. And if anyone transgresses and God conceals it and forgives him, He is too generous to go back upon a thing He has forgiven." [Al-Tirmidhi:1023]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The best charity is that given to a relative who does not like you." [Fiqh-us-Sunnah:V3N100]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A man has sinned enough if he neglects to feed those in need." [Fiqh-us-Sunnah:V3N100]

A funeral procession once passed in front of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and he stood up out of respect. When he was told the person in the coffin was Jewish and not Muslim, he said: "Was it not a living (soul)?" [Bukhari:V2N399]

When asked what the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did while in his house, his wife Ayesha relied: "He used to keep busy serving and helping members of the household."

(God will then say) 'O son of Adam, I asked you for food but you did not feed Me.' The person will say: 'My Lord, how could I feed Thee when Thou art the Lord of the worlds?' (God) will say: 'Didn't you know that a servant of Mine asked you for food but you did not feed him, and were you not aware that if you had fed him you would have found him by My side?' [Muslim:1172]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The best (Jihad) is (to speak) word of justice to an oppressive ruler." [Sunan of Abu-Dawud:2040]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "He will not enter Paradise whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct." [Muslim:15]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone continually asks pardon, God will appoint for him a way out of every distress, and a relief from anxiety, and will provide for him from where he did not reckon." [Abdu Dawud:599]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "(Each one) of you should save himself from the fire by giving even half of a date (in charity). And if you do not find a half date, then (you can do it through saying) a pleasant word (to your brethren)." [Bukhari:V2N394]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once told his wife: "Do not turn away a poor man..even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you...GOD will bring you near HIM on the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Tirmidhi:1376]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once told his wife: "Avoid Cruelty and injustice..and guard yourselves against miserliness, for this has ruined nations who lived before you." [Riyadh-us-Salahin:203]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once said to one of his companions: "Son, if you are able, keep your heart..free from malice toward anyone." [Al-Tirmidhi:59]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Seven kinds of people will be sheltered under the shade of God on the Day of Judgment...They are: a just ruler, a young man who passed his youth in the worship and service of others for the sake of God...a man who is invited to sin...but declines, saying 'I fear God'...one who spends his charity in secret, without making a show...and one who remembers God in solitude so that his eyes overflow." [Riyadh-us-Salahin:376]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "That which is lawful is clear, and that which is unlawful is also quite clear. Between these two is that which is ambiguous, which most people do not know. One who avoids the doubtful safeguards his faith and his honor." [Riyadh-us-Salahin:588]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "A believer may achieve the status of one who regularly fasts (for religious reasons) during the day and spends the night in prayer, through his good manners." [Riyadh-us-Salahin:629]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "No companion of mine should tell me anything bad about another person. For when I meet you, I would like my heart to be clean (unbiased.)" [Riyadh-us-Salahin:1539]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "(God) has revealed to me that you should adopt humility so that no one oppresses another." [Riyadh-us-Salahin:1589]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "Avoid jealousy, for it destroys good deeds as fire destroys wood." [Riyadh-us-Salahin:1569]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "Fasting is not (just abstaining) from eating and drinking, but also from vain speech and foul language. If one of you is being cursed or annoyed, he should say: 'I am fasting, I am fasting.' " [Fiqh-us-Sunnah:V3N132A]

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "Anyone who believes in God and the Last Day (of Judgment) should not harm his neighbor. Anyone who believes in God and

Ramadhan
11-24-2011, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Phew
shocking right.

but schpoogie think those are god's word.

Insaanah
11-24-2011, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by schpoogie
Can the Quran match these verses?
The Qur'an will never match the Bible, for while the Bible is replete with the writings of man, the Qur'an is the word of God, with not a single word of man.

It is the criterion, confirming the truth of the earlier scriptures, while refuting the false beliefs introduced by man into those earlier scriptures.

Before one looks at "beautiful" verses, one must see if the very backbone of the scripture is correct, the main doctrines it teaches. If they are not right, it makes no difference how "beautiful" the verses may be, for one will always be astray.

The Qur'an is the last and final scripture of God, revealed to Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). It's message is for the entire world, until the end of time. It supersedes the previous scriptures. It is 100% the word of God, unlike the other scriptures that we have with us today. It has no versions and no editions. Millions of people from all over the world have it memorised, and they all recite word for word the same thing. It contains practical guidance on how to live our life, stories of the nations of previous prophets from which to learn lessons, warnings, comfort, solace, and in it God corrects the misconceptions of those who believe untrue things about Him or His prophets, such as the erroneous notion of Him begetting a son. It tells us what has always been expected from humans since the beginning of time; what He told His prophets to teach people since the creation of the first human. That message never changed. The essence of Islam is what always was, and has always been, the true and natural religion; the way of all the Prophets, the original message, the only message.

Muslims believe in all the prophets God sent to guide and warn people, and do not reject any of them, from Adam, to the last and final prophet, Muhammad, peace be upon them all. They were the purest and noblest of humanity and were not divine in any way. God sent all the prophets with the same message and not different messages. The message was: to submit wholeheartedly to the will of God and to worship Him and Him alone, without any associates/sharers in His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet. Thus, Islam is not a new faith but is the same Ultimate Truth that God revealed to all prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them all). Since the time of prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), that message is available unchanged and unadulterated. He is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind, and is to be followed until the end of time.

Peace.

جوري
11-24-2011, 03:30 PM
commanded universal love,
universal love? You mean things like the crusades and the inquisition? since when is the universal commandment of worshiping God alone all of sudden turn to 'universal love'?
Dude, if you desire to insult your own intellect be my guest but we're not buying..
you're welcome not to read if the list is too long.. reading can only be amazing to those who reason.

best,

Predator
11-24-2011, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Phew :omg::exhausted+o(
Yeah, they just just need to spice up their Book with this stuff as it would sell well with it.

Quran 2. 78-79

And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but fiction Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!-Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.

Ameen , woe them to them for what their hands write

schpoogie
11-24-2011, 10:56 PM
shocking right.

but schpoogie think those are god's word.
Yes you have probably pointed out the hardest scripture to swallow from the Old testament. I don't know the reason why it is written like that, and perhaps only God knows.
But if Islam was the better religion then obviously I would convert, look I can list the disgusting things about Islam and say 'is this God's religion'? right back at you.
But I won't because that's not why I created this thread.
I created this thread for the exposition of the very best of the Bible and the very best of the Quran, not the very worst.

Before one looks at "beautiful" verses, one must see if the very backbone of the scripture is correct, the main doctrines it teaches. If they are not right, it makes no difference how "beautiful" the verses may be, for one will always be astray.
That is true, I'm not letting the beautiful verses of the Bible be my only reason for having faith in it. But also, love is a really important thing to me, and the New Testament just blows me away with what it says.

I do understand most of the backbone of the Islmaic faith, I know the 5 pillars, and the succession of prophets. I don't understand why all the prophets listed in the Quran are Israelites or Jews, but then Mohammad is neither an Israelite nor Jewish. I understand that he claimed heritage from Ishmael, Abraham's 1st son, but it was through the line of Isaac that God brought about the Prophets.

جوري
11-24-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't understand why all the prophets listed in the Quran are Israelites or Jews,
You can't really make a proclamation of understanding Islam and listing for us what is in the Quran as you've clearly not read it. You embarrass yourself and it isn't the sort of thing that you could get away on an Islamic forum perhaps the christian forums where your average fellow is a bumpkin so long as he believes that Jesus died eating his sins, he has no need to learn much else!

3:67 to top

Sahih International
Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.

3:68 to top

Sahih International
Indeed, the most worthy of Abraham among the people are those who followed him [in submission to Allah ] and this prophet, and those who believe [in his message]. And Allah is the ally of the believers.

3:69 to top

Sahih International
A faction of the people of the Scripture wish they could mislead you. But they do not mislead except themselves, and they perceive [it] not.

by the way, Abraham was originally from Iraq, his ancestors from Yemen, any modern day middle easterner whether Christian or Muslim (the majority) have a more direct link to Abraham whether through Ishmael or Issac than any people on earth. Yemen the only purely Semitic population in the world.

Do you read at all, your level of knowledge is unenviable and a reflection on you and those you represent!

best,

schpoogie
11-24-2011, 11:10 PM
I said that all the prophets came from the line of Isaac, not Ishmael

جوري
11-24-2011, 11:19 PM
and you're wrong at that as you're wrong about much of all else. They have come through both!

Who had the covenant? Ishmael or Isaac?

The story of Abraham, Ishmael and Hagar (May the mercy and blessings of Allah be on them all) is found in the Bible, much skewed and corrupted from the pure Islamic version. The reason this is so is because the book of Genesis, undoubtedly written by some Jewish Rabbi of the past would certainly be biased in his understanding of history between the two forefathers. There would be in him, whoever he was, the desire to paint his own ancestry, that is the seed of Isaac, in the brightest of colors, whereby either purposely or inadvertently condemning the rival (I.e. Ishmael) as the negative end of the spectrum. In other words, a Jew most certainly wrote Genesis, so Isaac, the father of the Jews and Abraham’s son, is presented in this blessed light, and Ishmael, the father of the Arabs is whereby presented in somewhat dark euphemisms, and foisted on him is the subtle racism and condescending attitude of the author.
This being said, it is evident that my own assumptions are true, because of the many gaps and inconsistencies which are clues left to us by the True and Almighty God in the Biblical account, which point us in the direction of the truth (I.E. of the Islamic version.)

1. Abraham (saas) was told by God that a Great Nation would come from him. (Genesis 12:2-3)

2. Sarah, Abraham’s wife doesn’t bear children at first. (Genesis 16:1)

3. Sarah whereby allowed Abraham to MARRY Hagar (Genesis 16:3) -This defeats the evangelical claim that Ishmael was illegitamite. Hagar conceives Ishmael. (genesis 16:4)

4. Later Sarah has Isaac. (Genesis 21:2)

So far so good. The story here is quite clear. A Prophecy for a great nation was said to come from Abraham. After Sarah seemingly cannot conceive, Hagar becomes Abraham’s second wife and conceives Ishmael. Later Sarah actually does conceive and has Isaac.

Biblical points which hold true to the Islamic perception of Ishmael and the pure lineage of Muhammad (saas):

1. Ishmael was Abraham’s first son. (Genesis 16:4)

2. God said that Hagar’s seed would be multiplied exceedingly. (Genesis 16:10)

3. God said Ishmael was blessed! (Genesis 17:20)

4. Ishmael is clearly called ‘Abraham’s seed’ by God. (Genesis 21:13)

4. God repeats His promise to make Ishmael a great nation FIVE TIMES! (Genesis 15:4) (Genesis 16:10) (Genesis 17:20) (Genesis 21:13) (Genesis 21:18)

From here the Islamic version and the Biblical account part ways. The Muslim holds that it was in fact Ishmael who had the covenant and not Isaac, whereas the bible states the opposite. The Muslim holds that it was Ishmael who was to be sacrificed and not Isaac, and again, the Bible states the opposite. The Muslim version states that both Isaac and Ishmael were pure blameless children of Abraham, both revered, whereas in the Biblical account, Isaac is revered and Ishmael is seen as a mean-spirited outcast. Let us review the shameful and undoubtedly corrupted view of Ishmael in the Bible:

1. Ishmael is called a ‘wild donkey of a man’: (Genesis 16:12)
2. Ishmael and his descendants are going to be known as troublemakers (Genesis 16:12)
3. Ishmael is considered illegitamite (This is a Christian claim which no Bible verse supports.)
4. Ishmael makes fun of Isaac and teases him: (Genesis 21:9)
5. Ishmael and his mother are cast out from Abrahams’ family (Genesis 21:10)

Now let us lay these preposterous and slanderous claims to rest.

Ishmael a wild donkey of a man?

This is where it becomes evident that the prejudice of the author seeps through. The Christian must remember that the Islamic view of the Bible is that it is corrupted, and history attests this, especially that of the Old Testament. God himself attests this in the Old Testament, saying, "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.” (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8) -So it is admitted within the Bible itself, that the Old Testament is corrupted. No independent scholar accepts the preposterous view that the first 5 books of the Bible were written by Moses as evangelicals claim. This indeed would be quite impossible because otherwise Moses refers to himself in the third person and even writes about his own death and the month that follows it.
Therefore, if the Islamic view of the Bible is that it is corrupted (Not wrong, but not always right either) then it is very well possible, from this viewpoint that the entire story of Ishmael and Isaac is skewed, handled malisciously from the pen of some overzealous rabbi who could not ignore fully his own prejudice and wishes, but yet also could not ignore fully the facts of history, being that both Ishmael and Isaac were blessed, revered and of highly esteemed moral character. Starting from this point we can see through the authors slanders and see to the truth, and that is that this particular verse, that is the verse of Ishmael being a ‘wild donkey’ of a man is an overly obvious forgery, and opinion of whoever the mildly racist author of this book is. –And his intent is quite clear. He wants to prove that the lineage of the Jews is pure, and that no non-jew could ever partake in the pure lineage of Abraham. This is undoubtedly the authors intention, because he goes to great lengths to ‘prove’ it. Consider the ‘all-to-convenient’ verbiage of Sarah as interjected by the author: “Wherefore she said to Abraham, ‘Cast out this bondwoman and her son: For the son of a bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.’” (21:10).
As to the authors intention to show that the blood and lineage of the Jewish people is untainted, consider the fact that according to the Bible, Abraham and Sarah were brother and Sister! (Genesis 20:12.) This same author is the one who insulted the Prophet Lot by saying he had an incestuous drunken relationship with his two daughters, (Genesis 19:36) And Jacob was married to two sisters at the same time: (Genesis 29:28). The intention is clear, that the author of Genesis is either a pervert obsessed with incest, or he slanders honorable prophets with false stories of Incest in order to show that the blood of Isaac and his descendants (The Jews) is pure. It is for this reason the author feels the need to slander Ishmael and foist on him the false story of being ‘cast out’ of the family of Abraham. –It is also clearly, based on the evidence, a big lie. Ishmael was not a wild donkey of a man, but the author of Genesis sure was!

Ishmael and his descendants will ‘be against all men?’

The Bible says of Ishmael: “…his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.” (Genesis 16:12)

In recent times this is probably the most oft-repeated verse against Ishmael and the Muslims used by Christians to prove a plethora of points. All one needs to do is point to the news to see that seemingly Ishmael’s seed truly is ‘against all men’ and ‘all men are against him.’ It is, to them, proof positive that the Bible is the word of God.
But there is a problem with this theory, and that is quite simply that only recently could this be applied. It wasn’t until the decline of the Ottomon Empire in the 1700’s that the Islamic world experienced a regression leading to a downward spiral of corruption, hopelessness, and violence.
One need not point out the fact that the oldest and indeed one of the first colleges on earth was founded by Muslims and is still on the earth today (Al-Azhar.) It is evident that whilst Europe was sunk in the dark ages, the civilized Muslims revived the learning of Aristotle and Plato, who otherwise would have been forgotten. There was a time when Baghdad, for example, was called, ‘The greatest city on earth.’ -And this title was given it by European scholars. Was it because the Arabs of Baghdad were mindless killers against all men? Of course not! It was because they were civilized learners who enjoyed a thriving economy! In fact, it was the Muslims who saved the Christians in their lands from the conquests of invaders, and it was the Turkish Muslims who later protected the Jews who fled persecution from Spain. Was it not the Muslim Salahaddin who granted all Christians in Jerusalem amnesty despite that fact that when Muslims were run out of Jerusalem years earlier the Christians boiled Muslim children alive in pots?
So there is well over a thousand years of the Muslim empire (now known as the Golden age of Islam) in which this whimsical sentence in the Bible was utterly false, and any attempt to apply it to Muslims would be deemed laughable by even the Christians! So what is more logical? To say this verse is true, when it has only been true for the past 100 years at best, which represents not even a glimmer in the existence of Islam, or to say that this is the interjection of some ancient Jew who had, as seen above, his own wicked intentions?

Ishmael is considered illegitimite?

This one I really don’t get. The Bible clearly states that Hagar and Abraham were married. (Genesis 16:3) Abraham is also spoken of in highly respected terms in the Bible? How is it that this highly respected Prophet had a child with a woman whom he was married to, and by the logic of some evangelicals this = illigetamite?
Of course not! So how can this be deemed an instance with which to judge Ishmael and say he was therefore excluded from the covenant? Based on what we have seen so far, we need not even address the last two biblical accounts of Ishmael teasing Isaac and whereby being cast out, as this is another obvious forgery by the baised author, whoever he was.

The Bible Had Ishmael and Isaac Confused!

The most common question to be asked by the Christian then is, how can the Muslims believe that Ishmael was to be sacrificed and not Isaac, and that Ishmael got the covenant, when the Bible clearly states otherwise? Well, not to beat a dead horse, but the Muslim view of the Bible is that it is corrupted. So automatically, any story which contradicts Islamic teachings we view with skepticism. As seen already, the author of Genesis, where we find the account of Ishmael and Isaac, is also extremely baised. These facts alone are a red flag to the logical thinkers that just to accept this story as 100% authentic as it is presented in the Bible would be a great error.
With that being said, let us examine the story in the Bible again, and show that the author made some grave errors in his writing which proves that Ishmael and Isaac were confused:

The Bible states that Abraham was 99 years old when Ishmael was circumcised. Ishmael was 13 at the time. (Genesis 17:24-27)

Exactly one year later Isaac is born. (Genesis 21:4-5) So if Abraham was 99 when Ishmael was circumcised a year earlier, that would mean when Isaac is born, he is 100 years old, and Ishmael is 14.

Then comes the story of the sacrifice in the Bible: In Genesis 22, God tells Abraham to take ‘Thine ONLY son Isaac…’ -WHAT? Ishmael is 14 at the time? Why does the Bible refer to Isaac as Abrahams ONLY son? Many Christians will say that this is because God here is making it clear that Isaac is the only heir to the covenant, and that is why God refers to Isaac as ‘The ONLY son..’ but God clearly calls Ishmael the seed of Abraham according to Genesis 21:13, so such conclusions are impossible. The only conclusion is that the author of Genesis had Ishmael and Isaac confused.

Consider when Ishmael is cast out with Hagar into the desert in Genesis 21. What are the descriptions of Ishmael? Pay close attention to the following descriptions:

A. Ishmael is tucked under shrubs (Genesis 21:15)
B. He is called a ‘lad’ (Genesis 21:18, 20)
C. Hagar holds Ishmael in ONE HAND (Genesis 21:18)

Clearly the author is referring to an infant. But Ishmael is 14 at the time, how would he be tucked under shrubs and held in one hand of a weak woman who was dying of thirst? Why is he called a lad? Would this not more aptly apply to the infant Isaac who was only a year old and not to Ishmael who is a teenager?

Perseveranze
11-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Peace,

The irony of "turn the other cheek" is that on Jesus(pbuh)'s second comming, according to the Bible he's going to be very violent, unforgiving and will kill "all his enemies".

And for your info, it's common knowledge that there are more verses in the small Quran book of helping the weak, poor, orphan than there is in all the Bible scriptures put together.

Ramadhan
11-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Yes you have probably pointed out the hardest scripture to swallow from the Old testament. I don't know the reason why it is written like that, and perhaps only God knows.
You claimed that you follow christianity because of the beautiful sounding verses, not because it offers guidance, or because it has the truth.

And hence I wrote down those lewd, obscene bible verses just in case you forgot that there are also in bible scatology, incestuous sexual fantasies, male and female genital organs described in details, etc etc. This negates your previous claim that "bible must be the truth because it has beautiful verses".

But if Islam was the better religion then obviously I would convert,
Not only Islam is the better religion but it is also the truth, and obviously you have not converted :)

Read this thread to understand why Islam is the better religion:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ith-wrong.html

I created this thread for the exposition of the very best of the Bible and the very best of the Quran, not the very worst.
You are welcome to go to clarification about Islam section, and list qur'an verses which you think are obscene or disgusting, because as far as I know, there is no such lewd verse in the Qur'an. In Islam, we are always encouraged to ask question and seek knowledge.

schpoogie
11-25-2011, 12:33 AM
ok maybe oneday I will, but they have less to do with the Quran, more to do with the acts and sayings of Mohammad

syed1
11-25-2011, 12:54 AM
no, not one day. do it now :)

Ramadhan
11-25-2011, 01:03 AM
I understand that he claimed heritage from Ishmael, Abraham's 1st son, but it was through the line of Isaac that God brought about the Prophets.
Muslims believe that God (swt) bring about messengers to all nations, not just to the israelites, with prophet Muhammad (saw) as the last and seal of prophets (pbuh). Those messengers and prophets brought the same message from God (swt): worship of God alone and other basic commandments.

". . . And there never was a people, without a Warner having lived among them (in the past)." [Al-Qur’an 35:24]

". . . and to every people a guide." [Al-Qur’an 13:7]

"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others we have not." [Al-Qur’an 4:164]

"We did aforetime send messengers before thee: of them there are some whose story We have related to thee, and some whose story We have not related to thee. . ." [Al-Qur’an 40:78]

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allaah, and the seal of the Prophets: and Allaah has full knowledge of all things." [Al-Qur’an 33:40] It is mentioned in Sahih Bukhâri, volume 1, Book of Salaah, chapter 56 hadith no. 429 Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah: Allah’s Messenger said, "Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind."

Also Noah, Eber, Abraham, Isaac, Enoch, (pbut) etc are not israleites.

Ramadhan
11-25-2011, 01:26 AM
ok maybe oneday I will, but they have less to do with the Quran, more to do with the acts and sayings of Mohammad
I see that you have changed your position again.

Why does this sound so familiar?

Ali_008
11-25-2011, 02:58 AM
But if Islam was the better religion then obviously I would convert, look I can list the disgusting things about Islam and say 'is this God's religion'? right back at you.
But I won't because that's not why I created this thread.
Bring all those quotes and verses on, inshAllah we'll then decide what they mean. Make another thread if you wish but do show us all those verses and quotes you are referring to. I can't wait to see them.

Insaanah
11-25-2011, 11:48 AM
That is true, I'm not letting the beautiful verses of the Bible be my only reason for having faith in it. But also, love is a really important thing to me, and the New Testament just blows me away with what it says.
What does it say? According to Christians, it says that the first man committed a sin, and that all of mankind is tainted with that sin, and that God could not/did not forgive him, so made another man suffer and die thousands of years later for the mistakes of the first man and for all mankind's sins, sins that the man who was made to die himself did not commit.

This does not paint the picture of a loving, forgiving God as Christians like to trumpet, but an unloving, unforgiving, unjust God, who lacked the power to forgive without having to make a sacrifice.

Now compare the above with this:

While the Christian concept of God seems to be that God is unjust and unforgiving, and lacking in power, the Islamic concept of God, is that He is Most Just, and He is Forgiving, Merciful for all who repent sincerely, forgiving them at will, from the very first people on earth, to all those who will ever live:

Sahih International
They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers." (7:23)

Sahih International

Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. (2:37)

Sahih International
Then his Lord chose him and turned to him in forgiveness and guided [him]. (20:122)

Prophet Adam (peace be upon him) repented sincerely, so God forgave him. As simple as that. No sacrifice needed.

I find Islam to be the only religion that recognises Allah's power to forgive with just His will. All other religions seem to claim that forgiveness requires a purchase price and if we can't pay it, somebody else has to pay it on our behalf.

In Islam, forgiveness comes without a purchase price or sacrifice. We do not/can not: buy, sacrifice for, earn or steal it. It comes freely when we sincerely ask for forgiveness and truly repent, accepting Allaah's will. (as stated by Br Woodrow)

I don't understand why all the prophets listed in the Quran are Israelites
All of them are not. Prophets Saalih and Hud (peace be upon them both) are non-israelite prophets.

And remember the Israelite line of Prophets only started through Israil (Prophet Jacob) peace be upon him via Isaac (peace be upon him), so all the Prophets before that are non-israelite; Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham Lot, etc (peace be upon them all).

I understand that he claimed heritage from Ishmael, Abraham's 1st son, but it was through the line of Isaac that God brought about the Prophets.
That implies that Christians reject Ishmael (peace be upon him) as a Prophet, while Muslims do not reject any of the Prophets God sent, nor defame their characters.

And mention in the Book, Ishmael. Indeed, he was true to his promise, and he was a messenger and a prophet.
And he used to enjoin on his people prayer and almsgiving and was to his Lord, pleasing. (Translation of Qur'an 19:54-55)

As above, you are forgetting about all the prophets that came before, whereas Muslims accept all prophets, the ones we've been told about and their stories told to us, and the ones we don't know about and haven't been told about as well.

Say (O Muslims): "We believe in Allah, and that which has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the descendants, and what was given to to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And to Him we have submitted (in Islam).." (Holy Qur'an 2:136).

The Qur'an does not say that all Prophets were descended from the line of Isaac (peace be upon him):

And when Abraham and Ishmael were raising the foundations of the House, (saying): Our Lord! Accept from us (this duty). Lo! You, only You, are the Hearer, the Knower.
Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.
Our Lord! And raise up in their midst a messenger from among them who shall recite unto them Your revelations, and shall instruct them in the Scripture and in wisdom and shall make them grow. Lo! You, only You, are the Mighty, Wise. (2:127-129)

And Allah answered that prayer:
Just as We have sent among you a messenger from yourselves reciting to you Our verses and purifying you and teaching you the Book and wisdom and teaching you that which you did not know. (2:151)

And, actually, God tells Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) in the Bible that there will come a non-israelite prophet, specifically an ishmaelite prophet, who people have to follow:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
like unto thee,
and I will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy.18:18).

First thing is "a prophet from among their brethren", note that it does not say "from among them" but "from among their brethren". Who are the brethren of the israelites? The ishmaelites! If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham (peace be upon them all), then they are brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the children of the other. So God is telling you that a Prophet will come, who is a descendent of Ishmael (peace be upon him).

Next: "Like unto thee".

Some say the verses refer to Jesus (peace be upon him) but let's put that to the test and examine the likes:

Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) had a mother and father, Jesus (pbuh) did not.
Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) had a normal birth, Jesus (pbuh) did not.
Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) married and had children, Jesus (pbuh) did not.
Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) were accepted by their people in their lifetime, while Jesus (pbuh) on the whole was not accepted by the Jews he was sent to.
Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) died natural deaths, Jesus (pbuh) did not.
And the list goes on...

So the Prophet like unto Moses (peace be upon him) is Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Next:"And I will put my words into his mouth"

History tells us that Muhummad (pbuh) was forty years of age. He was in a cave some three miles north of the City of Mecca. In the cave the Archangel Gabriel commands him in his mother tongue: 'Iqra'' which means Read! or Proclaim! or Recite! Muhummed (pbuh) was terrified and in his bewilderment replied that he was not learned! The angel commands him a second time with the same result. For the third time the angel continues.

Now Muhummad (pbuh) grasps what was required of him was to repeat! to rehearse! And he repeats the words as they were put into his mouth:

"Read! In the name of your Lord and Cherisher, who created-
Created man, from a clinging substance:

Read! And thy Lord is most bountiful,-
He who taught (the use of) the pen,

Taught man that which he knew not".
(Holy Qur'an 96:1-5)

These are the first five verses which were revealed to Prophet Muhummad (peace be upon him) which now occupy the beginning of the 96th chapter of the Holy Qur'an.

"If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account." (Deuteronomy 18:19)

113 chapters of the Qur'an as revealed by Allah to, and spoken by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) all begin with "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful." God's words, spoken by the Prophet, in His name. With this formula in fact, Muslims begin every lawful act. And in the first revelation to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), mentioned above, what were the words that came immediately after Read? Have a look... "in the name of your Lord."

The Prophecy is fulfilled in Prophet Muhummad (peace be upon him) to the letter.

"If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account." (Deuteronomy 18:19)

So God is telling you in the Bible to believe in prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). And I invite you to do so.

Sahih International
O Mankind, the Messenger has come to you with the truth from your Lord, so believe; it is better for you. But if you disbelieve - then indeed, to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and earth. And ever is Allah Knowing and Wise. (4:70)

Sahih International
Say, [O Muhammad], "O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, [from Him] to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death." So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered prophet, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him that you may be guided. (7:158)

Peace.

Amigo
11-25-2011, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
As to the authors intention to show that the blood and lineage of the Jewish people is untainted, consider the fact that according to the Bible, Abraham and Sarah were brother and Sister! (Genesis 20:12.) This same author is the one who insulted the Prophet Lot by saying he had an incestuous drunken relationship with his two daughters, (Genesis 19:36) And Jacob was married to two sisters at the same time: (Genesis 29:28). The intention is clear, that the author of Genesis is either a pervert obsessed with incest, or he slanders honorable prophets with false stories of Incest in order to show that the blood of Isaac and his descendants (The Jews) is pure.
The fact that Jacob was married to two sisters at the same time and then their servant girls is much worse that Abraham involvement with Hagar. This would be a terrible case for the purity of Jewish people.
The author of those critiques just doesn't understand biblical writtings. What is being targeted here is not single individuals but sin in every man.
It is important to note that genealogical tracking did not start with Ismael and Isaac, but with Adam and Eve. I am not Semite, perhaps I should go after scribes for not tracking my ancestors and only focusing on the line of Shem...that would be simple paranoia.

What is being tracked in the Bible through genealogies is Christ; the pure seed or pure fruit of a woman.
God express his sacred creative power through human sexuality. It is through human sexuality that every man is created. But a corrupt seed means a corrupt tree, so if you need a perfect tree, you need a perfect seed which can not be corrupted. God promised this seed to Adam from the beginning as his pledge of his Mercy to Adam and Eve. It is this seed which is being traced throughout the OT by prophetic scribes. This seed finally came out through the fruitfullness of the Virgin Mary.
Muslims could be amont the first to realise this and rejoice over it considering what they believe about Jesus's conceiption and birth.
Otherwise, did the Jews also write the Quaranic verses describing the birth of Christ?

If Jewish Scribes were focused on exalting themselves and their ancestors, they would not point out their own sins. Instead, they would perhaps justify sin and call it lawful or permissible by God because ancestors/prophets did it. But they focus on God and his perfection and they don't seem to be afraid of pointing out that even great men were not perfect even if these men were their ancestors.

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amigo
But a corrupt seed means a corrupt tree, so if you need a perfect tree, you need a perfect seed which can not be corrupted. God promised this seed to Adam from the beginning as his pledge of his Mercy to Adam and Eve.
it is truly amazing how they rage at the fact that we refuse to be corrupted and "integrate", that we "hold on to 7th century beliefs", and are intolerant towards homos and usurers.
while zionists and romans have "progressed"

Islam, 'like' many other Religions, promotes active discrimination between Believers & Non-Believers as a part of its core doctrine. Unlike the Bible it has never been Reformed. Quranic Quote Surah 3:28 States "Do not take un-believers as friends...". Such divisions in British Society can only prove to further weaken our Country(if we weren't secular,that is).
http://debatewise.org/debates/1553-a...ritish-society
This conference seeks to uncover the intricate and transformative interactions between France’s decidedly universalist and secularist policy of cultural homogenization and the demands and practices of its various communities. To do so, our scholars will compare Jewish and Muslim trajectories of integration from the French Revolution to the present. The Jews, who had long been dismissed as inassimilable aliens, are now celebrated as paragons of “republican loyalism” and models of cultural and social integration. Supporters of the status quo believe that North-African Muslim immigrants, who have succeeded the Jews as France’s new “others,” should emulate Jewish populations in French society. Indeed, the French government, in an attempt to rally the heterogeneous Muslim population to French republican ideology, has been trying to transfer the French-Jewish model of communal organization to its Muslim minorities.
http://pjc.georgetown.edu/85749.html
the promise was made to abraham through faith, and not through the law - read your bible (version).
and isaiah 53 says it all.

جوري
11-25-2011, 10:18 PM
The fact that Jacob was married to two sisters at the same time and then their servant girls is much worse that Abraham involvement with Hagar. This would be a terrible case for the purity of Jewish people.
This is nonsensical, furthermore Sarah herself was Abraham's sister:
Genesis 18:17-19 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. (NIV)
Note: In regards to Genesis 18 & 19, see my thorough refutation to the trinity lie that was invented using them.

But according to the Mosaic Law he is "accursed, and disfavored by God" why? Because Abraham married his own sister (Sarah). The Bible says:
Genesis 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. (KJV)

The Law of Moses states:
Deuteronomy 27:22 Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen. (KJV)

secondly Hagar according to the Jewish encyclopedia was an Egyptian princess not a slave girl!

Sarah’s Egyptian handmaiden, as an Egyptian princess whom Pharaoh king of Egypt gave to Sarah as a gift. She grew up in the home of Abraham and Sarah, and converted.
http://jwa.org/encyclopedia/article/...sh-and-aggadah

So I have no idea where you make this a sin and that a crime and this favored and that fabulous .. you're nonsensical at best!

The author of those critiques just doesn't understand biblical writtings. What is being targeted here is not single individuals but sin in every man.
It is important to note that genealogical tracking did not start with Ismael and Isaac, but with Adam and Eve. I am not Semite, perhaps I should go after scribes for not tracking my ancestors and only focusing on the line of Shem...that would be simple paranoia.
Again no idea what this means indeed many people don't understand biblical writing and it is because it is full of nonsense that is still being worked on centuries later and doesn't make any better sense:
Introduction: We must first of all know that the entire Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption! GOD Almighty Said: "`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"
The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"
What is being tracked in the Bible through genealogies is Christ; the pure seed or fruit of a woman.
How is that selling with the Jews? Do they buy into that?

God express his sacred creative power through human sexuality. It is through human sexuality that every man is created. But a corrupt seed means a corrupt tree, so if you need a perfect tree, you need a perfect seed which can not be corrupted. God promised this seed to Adam from the beginning as his pledge of his Mercy to Adam and Eve. It is this seed which is being traced throughout the OT by prophetic scribes. This seed finally came out through the fruitfullness of the Virgin Mary.
Another load of nonsensical crock. The only people who buy into it are indoctrinated Christians who can't reason to save their dear life!
Muslims should be amont the first to realise this and rejoice over it what they believe about Jesus's conceiption and birth.
Otherwise, did the Jews also write the Quaranic verses describing the birth of Christ?
Work on your syntax, grammar before you jump into exegesis, you manage to give us a hearty guffaw and expose more funnies from the bible as per my first paragraph..

best,

Amigo
11-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Happy are you because you can reason to save your dear life. You can reason your way into salvation. Some of us need help from above.

Sorry to burden you with all those long texts. I am usually resolved for short answers... what was I thinking with all that...sinner me.

جوري
11-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Happy are you because you can reason to save your dear life. You can reason your way into salvation. Some of us need help from above.

Sorry to burden you with all those long texts. I am usually resolved for short answers... what was I thinking with all that...sinner me.
Indeed you need all the help you can get but God doth help those who help themselves!
emotional hijack doesn't work with me nor reverse psychology.. so good luck with all of that, work it on your own private time.. I am taking my little niece out for a movie insha'Allah..

best,

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 10:33 PM
What is being tracked in the Bible through genealogies is Christ; the pure seed or fruit of a woman.
which genealogy, the one through mary (as) or the one through joseph?

Amigo
11-25-2011, 10:37 PM
The one that ends with Jesus.

Ramadhan
11-26-2011, 01:41 AM
If Jewish Scribes were focused on exalting themselves and their ancestors, they would not point out their own sins. Instead, they would perhaps justify sin and call it lawful or permissible by God because ancestors/prophets did it. But they focus on God and his perfection and they don't seem to be afraid of pointing out that even great men were not perfect even if these men were their ancestors.
Of course the jewish scribes and rabbis changed history and accused their own prophets of many horrendous sins, so they can exalt themselves that they are better than the prophets (pbut).

This is no different than the catholics who exalt their saints over prophets (pbut), and even pray and worship the saints.

Ramadhan
11-26-2011, 01:48 AM

Amigo, who lied?

Did you lie?
Or did Saul lie?

Ali_008
11-26-2011, 04:55 AM
What is being tracked in the Bible through genealogies is Christ; the pure seed or pure fruit of a woman.
Muslims could be amont the first to realise this and rejoice over it considering what they believe about Jesus's conceiption and birth.
Doesn't this pure seed theory contradict the bible which says every human is born sinful?

Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Psalms 51:5 (NIV)

Jesus was human. How can he be both pure and sinful at the same time? :uuh:

Amigo
11-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Sin is a corruption, it is not part of human nature, a cured person will not transmit it to their offspring.

جوري
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Sin is a corruption, it is not part of human nature, a cured person will not transmit it to their offspring.
Oh so 'Original sin' was just a concocted lie of Christianity?

best,

Grace Seeker
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
So, I was just wondering if the Quran can match the universal beautiness of these verses from the New Testament:
I'm not going to address you entire list. There certainly are differences between the content of the New Testament and the Qur'an, but despite these differences, in many respects, the answer to your overall question is YES. Just as the New Testament has many beautiful verses, so does the Qur'an. Of course, they both have a few verses that some might not think are so beautiful, but that isn't the subject of your thread. So, with respect to the subject matter of the New Testament's presentation of love that I sense as being the dominant theme of your post and finding it also in Islam, I offer the following:

Christianity: "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." [Matt 22:39]

Islam: None of you [truly] believes until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself.
Not from the Qur'an, but from the Haddith, related by Bukhari (البخاري) and Muslim (صحيح مسلم).

Grace Seeker
12-12-2011, 10:56 PM
That's not exactly the way I would put it. But I'm also not sure what you were trying to get at, perhaps we just express ourselves differently, or perhaps we actually have different understandings. From what you've written I'm not sure.

Ramadhan
12-13-2011, 04:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
That's not exactly the way I would put it. But I'm also not sure what you were trying to get at, perhaps we just express ourselves differently, or perhaps we actually have different understandings. From what you've written I'm not sure.
I think Amigo was more consistent in his theology.
He believes that God died to erase human sins inherited from Adam (as), and so if a christian accept that belief, then they are cured from the original sin, and hence they will not transmit the sin the their offsprings as their inherited sins have been wiped away by accepting god who died.

MuslimCONVERT
12-20-2011, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
You embarrass yourself and it isn't the sort of thing that you could get away on an Islamic forum perhaps the christian forums where your average fellow is a bumpkin so long as he believes that Jesus died eating his sins, he has no need to learn much else!
This is a very offensive way to talk to someone who just came here asking questions out of curiosity. Adab and Akhlaaq. Learn them. There is no dawah without rifq, and there is no rifq without hilm.

Salaam/Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!