/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pedophilia as a Sexual Orientation?

Tyrion
11-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Here's an interesting article I just came across. Anybody have any thoughts on this? I have a feeling that categorizing pedophilia as a sexual orientation won't sit well with a lot of homosexuals who maintain that their orientation should be accepted and/or promoted on the basis that they were born that way... It also might give more credence to religious arguments that state homosexuals should resist their urges... I know many non Muslims tend to scoff at Muslims or Christians when they liken homosexuality to pedophilia, (since homosexual activities generally don't harm anyone and require consent). But if we conclude that they're both sexual orientations and that it's okay to tell pedophiles to resist their urges, why would it be unreasonable to expect homosexuals to do the same within a religious context?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
11-24-2011, 01:13 AM
not just that - but the excuse usually given for sodomy is that "if two sane adults decide to act so in private without harming anyone else, what's the problem?"
well...............then you could go on to incest - why is it illegal?
is it because people realise that it's a repulsive act?
well given the way politicians changed the laws incrementally on sodomy - anything's possible.
when people give the excuse of freedom to decide and that no one should infringe on it - i normally shut them up with the incest law.

جوري
11-24-2011, 02:33 AM
when I was doing the latest psychiatry review you know they get together every few years and change things around a bit, although I have read the original change was caused by a group of disgruntled homos per this book:

Dr. Ronald Bayer explains how homosexual activists captured the APA for political gain. I am not sure how truthful that fact is nonetheless homosexuality in the DSM-II was deviance and in the DSM-IV it is a 'normal variant', well the doctor states that in a few more years 'Normal variant' is going to include several more of those psychosexual disorders and paraphilias until everything is well all good and normal.

:w:

جوري
11-24-2011, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
then you could go on to incest - why is it illegal?
Believe me that is bound to change because of all the sperm donors and brothers and sisters marrying each other, in fact it has already happened, the brother & sister couple has several children together and their lawyer is arguing 'who are we to define a family unit'
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...taWpT94t9-hEpg

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MartyrX
11-24-2011, 03:05 AM
There's a big difference in adults being in a relationship with other adults. They can consent, where as children can't.

Tyrion
11-24-2011, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
There's a big difference in adults being in a relationship with other adults. They can consent, where as children can't.
I know, but that wasn't my point. What I was trying to say was that this could at least let people see why/how a religious gay person could be expected to refrain from homosexual acts. Does that make sense? I seem to be having a hard time getting what I mean across... :p:

جوري
11-24-2011, 03:29 AM
They do all the time in fact that's why they're passing out BCP to 11 year olds
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/86051.php
and they have children of their own at that age as well..

the definition can't be as arbitrary as a committee convening or a lobby bullying.. It is scary when you think about it.

crimsontide06
11-24-2011, 05:41 AM
I believe in my own opinion that both pedophilia and homosexuality are mental diseases. What are the symptoms?? Having a sexual desire for a certain "group" that is not meant to be...Like a poster said above, children are innocent and cannot consent but the adults who are homosexual don't have to force themselves onto anyone.

I try not to judge people who are homosexual, even though I think it's disgusting and sinful, it's God's place to judge them, not mine.

As for pedo's, they should get the death penalty.....:raging:

sister herb
11-24-2011, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I believe in my own opinion that both pedophilia and homosexuality are mental diseases. What are the symptoms?? Having a sexual desire for a certain "group" that is not meant to be...Like a poster said above, children are innocent and cannot consent but the adults who are homosexual don't have to force themselves onto anyone.

I try not to judge people who are homosexual, even though I think it's disgusting and sinful, it's God's place to judge them, not mine.

As for pedo's, they should get the death penalty.....:raging:
Salam alaykum,

if those acts are mental diseases isn´t it unlogical demand death penalty? If they really are diseases shouldn´t they get cure not punishment? If they should get punishment about those acts isn´t it then more logical they are not diseases but crimes?

p.s. this doesn´t mean I accept kind of acts

crimsontide06
11-24-2011, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
if those acts are mental diseases isn´t it unlogical demand death penalty? If they really are diseases shouldn´t they get cure not punishment? If they should get punishment about those acts isn´t it then more logical they are not diseases but crimes?
I think that the actual desire of having sexual contact with opposite genders/children/animals...whatever it may be...IS the disease however it's not an addiction where they cannot control themselves. Thus....They make a choice

The proof of choice can be made with non-married people who believe in waiting till marriage to have sex...sure they have the desires but they suppress their desires.

Ramadhan
11-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Salam alaykum,

p.s. this doesn´t mean I accept kind of acts
:sl:

yes, they need to be helped.

But what if they don't want to be helped at all?
And they demand they have to be acknowledged and given all "rights"?
and that they promote their sexual lifestyles in your face in public all the time?

How are you going to protect your own children?

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 05:13 AM
by hanging them

sister herb
11-25-2011, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
by hanging them
Salam alaykum

if hanging then better call them criminals. More logical.

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 05:09 PM
We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you?
For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds."
And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"
But we saved him and his family, except his wife: she was of those who lagged behind.
And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone):
Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!
(Surat al-A‘raf: 80-84)

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 05:30 PM
No wonder most homos are evolutionists - they don't like the idea that God didn't make another bloke for Adam,

Ramadhan
11-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Salam alaykum

if hanging then better call them criminals. More logical.
:sl:

I understand they don't want to be called criminal, and I agree that they need to be helped.

But what if they don't want to be helped, that they claimed they were "born that way", that they demand every rights to practice their sins, and that they display and advertise their sins in public...like...errr... what's happened in the west?

crimsontide06
11-25-2011, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
But what if they don't want to be helped, that they claimed they were "born that way", that they demand every rights to practice their sins, and that they display and advertise their sins in public...like...errr... what's happened in the west?
In the U.S lot of things that are sinful have been made "normal" in the eyes of society. Nothing we can do about it but go on with our lives. A lot of bias.

I know most of this thread is about "homosexuality" but in some places(mostly the U.S) ....drug users are treated like garbage or left in prison to die, yet pedo's are given chance after chance after chance to change and have a better life.... should be the other way around I think.

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 08:05 PM
this one was quite interesting:

The chaplain to the London Stock Exchange is under pressure to quit today after demanding gay men should be forced to have "sodomy" warnings tattooed on their bodies.The suggestion is contained in a series of comments on the internet blog of the Rev Peter Mullen.The Bishop of London today branded Mr Mullen's comments "highly offensive" and Stonewall, the gay rights charity, said he should resign.Mr Mullen, 66, wrote on his blog: "It is time that religious believers began to recommend ... discouragements of homosexual practices after the style of warnings on cigarette packets."Let us make it obligatory for homosexuals to have their backsides tattooed with the slogan SODOMY CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH and their chins with FELLATIO KILLS."

جوري
11-25-2011, 08:08 PM
^^ bwahaha that's so crude and hilarious .. gay men do have a higher rate of anal cancer than the normal population but I think that's the least of their problems..

FS123
11-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Reasons in this thread shows why a moral code from God is needed. Without it everything becomes ok.

Why was the Qur’an revealed? Sura Luqman, verse 3 answers this question by saying that the Qur’an is: “A guidance and a mercy unto the righteous ones.”

This verse clearly tells us that the Qur’an is meant to be a guidance for the entire human race, but it is a mercy only to the “righteous ones.” Who are the “righteous ones?” This is answered in Sura Baqarah, verses 3 and 4:

“Those who guard against evil, believe in the unseen, are steadfast in their prayers, spend out of what we have provided for them and who believe in that which was revealed unto thee and that which was revealed before thee, and are certain of the hereafter.”

Qur'an 10:57-60 Surah Yunus (Jonah)
O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts and for those who believe a Guidance and a Mercy.
Say: "In the Bounty of Allah and in His Mercy in that let them rejoice": that is better than the (wealth) they hoard.
Say: "See ye what things Allah hath sent down to you for sustenance? Yet ye hold forbidden some things thereof and (some things) lawful." Say: "Hath Allah indeed permitted you or do ye invent (things) to attribute to Allah?"
And what think those who invent lies against Allah of the Day of Judgment? Verily Allah is full of Bounty to mankind but most of them are ungrateful.

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 08:54 PM
JERUSALEM!

جوري
11-25-2011, 08:58 PM
^^ it turns my stomach to see guys kissing, how humiliating . .. can't believe the shame & ignominy those satanists brought to the most consecrated part of the world..
la 7wla wla qiwta illa billah.. it makes my blood boil. How is this land promised to them? under what pretense?

FS123
11-25-2011, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
^^ it turns my stomach to see guys kissing, how humiliating . .. can't believe the shame & ignominy those satanists brought to the most consecrated part of the world..
la 7wla wla qiwta illa billah.. it makes my blood boil. How is this land promised to them? under what pretense?
Religious Jews are not happy with them.

جوري
11-25-2011, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
Religious Jews are not happy with them.
The majority of Jews in there are atheists!
It isn't a Jewish state as they proclaim and they have abolished God's laws. Ask any Jews how many wives they're able to take per Jewish law as a simple example and then ask them by whose authority that was abolished in the 1950's yet homosexuality is applauded.
I still question under what pretense do they think this land belongs to them? Neither politically nor biblicaly do they have any rights to it. Abraham who was Iraqi still purchased a land from the Canaanites to bury Sarah if he's their alleged father that was his action and that's per their books...

sob7an Allah.. there is 1.86 billion of us with no voice at all..

جوري
11-25-2011, 09:21 PM
wow 5 'guests' to what do we owe this pleasure?

FS123
11-25-2011, 09:25 PM
The majority of Jews in there are atheists!
It isn't a Jewish state as they proclaim and they have abolished God's laws. Ask any Jews how many wives they're able to take per Jewish law as a simple example and then ask them by whose authority that was abolished in the 1950's yet homosexuality is applauded.
I still question under what pretense do they think this land belongs to them? Neither politically nor biblicaly do they have any rights to it. Abraham who was Iraqi still purchased a land from the Canaanites to bury Sarah if he's their alleged father that was his action and that's per their books...

sob7an Allah.. there is 1.86 billion of us with no voice at all..

It was probably related to holocaust and british giving a state to jews to make up for it.

جوري
11-25-2011, 10:05 PM
^^ yes so it isn't a Muslim problem nor a Palestinian problem. It was neither Muslims nor the Palestinians that slaughtered them to be made to pay for the sins of someone else creating another holocaust except this one is lasting 60+ yrs!

FS123
11-25-2011, 10:42 PM
^^ yes so it isn't a Muslim problem nor a Palestinian problem. It was neither Muslims nor the Palestinians that slaughtered them to be made to pay for the sins of someone else creating another holocaust except this one is lasting 60+ yrs!

Yes, but there is more to that. Hence, I posted the video, it goes in detail. Especially for the westerners, who get to see the western media is which pretty much biased. That interview is of Jew who was pretty much biased and believed what his media said, but then he went to find out the truth for himself. To bad he won't be aired in western media, but what he says is very sensible to check out the truth for themselves.

There is something else is going on - on search engines anti-islamic pages are getting higher on the results because I searched recently on some Islamic topics and anti-islamic pages where in the top results, previously results where higher from Islamic sites; so they are trying to affect the internet too which helped spread the true picture. So we have to spread this around which is by their own people which may help them go and find out the truth themselves.

جوري
11-26-2011, 02:51 AM
They're cyber soldiering out of desperation no more no less. The hibernating Ummah is pretty dog on POed and they've taken to the streets to the death, and next it will be taking to Palestine to the death.. You can only fear the ones who have nothing to lose, and they've been raping our ummah & filling her heart with the blood of her children for decades. She's pretty enraged ....

Tyrion
11-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Umm, I think we're a little off topic. No idea how we got from pedophilia to Israel/Palestine...

GuestFellow
11-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Anyway, I don't really believe people are born with a sexual orientation. I think sexuality develops as you grow older, though genetics may play a role. There are people that are attracted to the most unusual things like objects, cartoons and physical abuse... :skeleton:

I don't think everyone is simply heterosexual, homosexual, necrophilia, pedophilia and so on....

So I think environment has a significant impact on what people prefer and what people are attracted to can change as they grow older. I don't believe any of these sexual orientations can be classed as a disease.

Hamza Asadullah
07-02-2014, 11:33 PM
A Womens guide to spirituality in Ramadan during menstruation and post natal bleeding
http://muslimmatters.org/2012/07/30/...atal-bleeding/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!