/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Job/ resume related help

syed1
11-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I am a student studying finance at a university. I am seeking a position at a financial institution such as a bank, be it an entry level position as a customer service representative or higher...

I have applied to various banks here in Canada and have done as much as I could, updated my resume etc. and finally prayed to God that he assist me in landing an interview, let alone a position...

First I request you all to please sincerely make dua for me to land a position as it is very important to me and my future career that I do.

second, does anyone here currently work at a bank? what was your experience in landing the job? any tips on resume? what if you do not have any relevant work experience and only have work experience, say, at retail locations (mall) or general labor positions? is it still worth putting these on your resume when you apply? if i were to take these out my resume would look pretty empty...

if you do work at a bank, and perhaps in Canada- want to give me a referral :statisfie.. as we all know most of these places do hiring internally and being referred dramatically increases you chances..

once again i ask you all to please, please make dua for me I would much appreciate !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-24-2011, 10:05 PM
:sl:

My wife was a bank customer service officer when she was still working.

Her education after she graduated from high school was only one year computer course. Her first job was in local govt institution for a year. Then worked in a bank as teller around two years before she moved to another bank. In this bank she start as teller and later she became customer service officer.

In Indonesia, the main criteria for customer service officer is smart, beautiful, and communicative. Front office positions (customer service and teller) are dominated by females, males are rare in front office, especially for customer service position. Specific degree from finance/banking is unnecessary for front office because the most important is good ability in communication.

But in back office, specific education from finance/banking is necessary. Those who have degree from finance/banking will work in back office positions. And positions that dominated by males are positions which they must go anywhere like marketing or surveyors.

But that's in Indonesia. In Canada maybe different.

syed1
11-24-2011, 10:12 PM
thanks for your input.. yeah I would agree that here as well most of the front line positions such as teller are dominated by female (attractive ones) mainly but there are a few males.. any how, Please make dua! I didn't necessarily apply for only teller positions but some back office positions as well

ardianto
11-24-2011, 10:19 PM
InshaAllah, I will make du'a.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
11-25-2011, 08:06 AM
from what I've read its not permissable to work at interest-based financial institutions, one of the reasons I stayed away from studying finance

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 10:41 AM
hate to have to interrupt but i believe a reminder would be relevant here:

275. Those who devour usury will not stand except as stand one whom the Evil one by his touch Hath driven to madness. That is because they say: "Trade is like usury," but Allah hath permitted trade and forbidden usury. Those who after receiving direction from their Lord, desist, shall be pardoned for the past; their case is for Allah (to judge); but those who repeat (The offence) are companions of the Fire: They will abide therein (for ever).
276. Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked.
277. Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
278. O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and give up what remains of your demand for usury, if ye are indeed believers.
279. If ye do it not, Take notice of war from Allah and His Messenger. But if ye turn back, ye shall have your capital sums: Deal not unjustly, and ye shall not be dealt with unjustly.
280. If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew.
281. And fear the Day when ye shall be brought back to Allah. Then shall every soul be paid what it earned, and none shall be dealt with unjustly.

Jalal~
11-25-2011, 08:44 PM
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/26771/banks

syed1
11-25-2011, 10:38 PM
I asked this question earlier somewhere on this forum, is working for a bank haram/halal. the answer I got from various sources and a very interesting video was that In today's day and age it is impossible to avoid interest because it is the backbone of our economy, without it, it would fail.

also, in the video, which if i happen to find the link I will post here, illustrated that because usuary/interest is all around us, even if you stand far away from it, you will feel its effects or some how become part of it...

I can almost certainly guarantee that many of us have CC on here, that many of us have taken a loan out of necessity , but ALLAH knows best why we do what we do and my intention to land a job at a bank is so that I may be able to provide for my self and my family, I don't wish to be working at a bank my whole life but being in such a career one has to start some where

that was the video^^

any ways, any more help is appreciated=)

Abz2000
11-26-2011, 02:01 AM
bro - the hadith regarding the unavoidable dust of usury is very different from actively choosing it in place of options.
and we should be working to eliminate even the dust and should not be actively promoting it.

GuestFellow
11-26-2011, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
Hi everyone,

I am a student studying finance at a university. I am seeking a position at a financial institution such as a bank, be it an entry level position as a customer service representative or higher...

I have applied to various banks here in Canada and have done as much as I could, updated my resume etc. and finally prayed to God that he assist me in landing an interview, let alone a position...

First I request you all to please sincerely make dua for me to land a position as it is very important to me and my future career that I do.

second, does anyone here currently work at a bank? what was your experience in landing the job? any tips on resume? what if you do not have any relevant work experience and only have work experience, say, at retail locations (mall) or general labor positions? is it still worth putting these on your resume when you apply? if i were to take these out my resume would look pretty empty...

if you do work at a bank, and perhaps in Canada- want to give me a referral :statisfie.. as we all know most of these places do hiring internally and being referred dramatically increases you chances..

once again i ask you all to please, please make dua for me I would much appreciate !
:wa:

I never worked at a bank but I have a job in an accounts office. It's peaceful and the work is not that difficult. How about working in accounts? Your background in finance will help. Try cold calling too...

Make sure you CV is kept short and your skills matches the job requirements. All they want to know is whether you can do the job and you need to show them that. I have noticed most people end up writing about their life history on the CV's....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!