/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hinduism

hariananta
11-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Here are some quotes from sacred hindu scriptures. Kindly reflect your views on them:

Tulsidas' Ramcharitmanas states: "Jaki rahi bhavana jaisi, prabhu murat dekhi tin taisi" - A person's attitude/devotion determines how he sees God.

Quotes from Bhagwad Gita(Most Sacred Scripture of the Hindus)
GOD says the following:

1. “Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed.”

2. "It is better to do one’s own duty, however defective it may be, than to follow the duty of another, however well one may perform it. He who does his duty as his own nature reveals it, never sins. ”

3. ”Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.”

4."Still your mind in me, still yourself in me, and without a doubt you shall be united with me, Lord of Love, dwelling in your heart"
5. "Hypocrisy,arrogance,pride,anger,harshness and ignorance; these are the marks of those who are born with demonic qualities"

Other lines from sacred Hindu Scriptures:

Honor your mother as God, Honor your Father as God, Honor thy teacher as God - Upanishads
Children should follow in their parents footsteps and having become like them, serve them to the best of their ability - Atharva Veda
God is one but sages call it by different names, devotees see it in different forms - Rigveda

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Predator
11-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the board hariananta , what do you think of these verses ?

"He is One only without a second."
[Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1]

"Of Him there are neither parents nor lord."

[Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]

"There is no likeness of Him."
[Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]

"There is no image of Him."
[Yajurveda 32:3]

"He is bodyless and pure."
[Yajurveda 40:8]

"They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship created things(Idol, Table,Chairs)."
[Yajurveda 40:9]

So , do you beleive on idol worship

sunnyhayat
03-29-2013, 09:06 AM
I can understand now basic tenets in hinduism as same as islam but in islam they are properly defined.

IAmZamzam
04-01-2013, 01:54 AM
1. “Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed.”
The jury’s still out on what the ultimate cause of self-deception is. I only know that it is itself the cause of all other vices, especially unreason. Or...aren’t you talking about self-deception?

3. ”Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.”
If by “belief” it means “principles” then this is true.

#2 and #4 look like I would need to see them in context in order to be sure I understand them. It’s been too long since I’ve read The Bhagavad-Gita. #5 is true but obvious.

God is one but sages call it by different names, devotees see it in different forms
What exactly is your point? God isn’t supposed to be seen in any form. “It does not behoove Him.” A lot of people prefer to spell it “G-d” for a reason, you know. "Far is He above that which they associate with Him!"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Taabuu
04-23-2013, 07:26 AM

"... a woman is never fit for independence." (Manusmriti 9.3)
Lets speak about the status of women now. Historically speaking, whether it was in ancient India or in the medieval India, the status of women in the subcontinent was never good. A present day women would feel outraged, if she goes through the contents of the Manusmriti, which is particularly harsh against the women and treats them with disdain and suspicion. In ancient times, when a Hindu died, his wife had to commit sati on his funeral pyre; else retire into a life of social ****ation, religious contemplation and perennial solitude. The male chauvinism has been carried forward in the blood since the ancient times. Even today a woman is not allowed to earn more than his husband.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!