/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the workplace problems

Marina-Aisha
11-26-2011, 06:18 PM
at the moment im on maternity but in january ill be due back,anyways i have a few problems
1: i dont think they take my convession very seriously, wot if they ask me to take my hijab off?can they order me to take it off?
2: most of the mangerment r either gay or bi and they are always talking bout sex one way or anyother i wont go in to detail as there r sisters here but some of the things they have talked bout i didnt even knew existed...how do i take my mind away from that?im always saying to them a lady never tells.....sometimes they try get me involved in there conversation....
3: there r always playing haram music either its bout sex or some rock/metal music...wot do i do?any suggestion would be great thanx.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
11-27-2011, 09:23 AM
1. No they can't
2. Show them how disgusted you are at it or just tell them straight to not try to involve you in their dirty talk
3. Depends on the work environment, you can't play music in an office environment, tell them its affecting your performance

Hamza Asadullah
11-28-2011, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
at the moment im on maternity but in january ill be due back,anyways i have a few problems
1: i dont think they take my convession very seriously, wot if they ask me to take my hijab off?can they order me to take it off?
2: most of the mangerment r either gay or bi and they are always talking bout sex one way or anyother i wont go in to detail as there r sisters here but some of the things they have talked bout i didnt even knew existed...how do i take my mind away from that?im always saying to them a lady never tells.....sometimes they try get me involved in there conversation....
3: there r always playing haram music either its bout sex or some rock/metal music...wot do i do?any suggestion would be great thanx.
Sister many of us find ourselves in these situations especially working in the west. The best you can do in such a situation is to try your best to look for another job obviously whilst you are working here. If you put in the effort and make sincere dua to Allah then he will open up doors for you and give you a better job in a much nicer environment. We can't expect to change anyone so it is best to change the environment we work in.

I know many people who have even quit their jobs because the environment they worked in was harmful to their imaan. Im not telling you to quit your job but do whatever you can to look for work elsewhere and ask of Allah sincerely and doors will be open for you inshallah.

In the meantime just put your head down and get on with your work. If you can avoid coming infront of those people whilst they are engaged in their vile talk wherever possible then try your best to. If you can have a word with the manager and your colleagues indiviudally about your conversion so that they may respect the changes that have occured in your life then you should do so as you are likely to get a better response telling them individually than saying it infront of everyone.

Hope that helped.

Marina-Aisha
11-28-2011, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Sister many of us find ourselves in these situations especially working in the west. The best you can do in such a situation is to try your best to look for another job obviously whilst you are working here. If you put in the effort and make sincere dua to Allah then he will open up doors for you and give you a better job in a much nicer environment. We can't expect to change anyone so it is best to change the environment we work in.

I know many people who have even quit their jobs because the environment they worked in was harmful to their imaan. Im not telling you to quit your job but do whatever you can to look for work elsewhere and ask of Allah sincerely and doors will be open for you inshallah.

In the meantime just put your head down and get on with your work. If you can avoid coming infront of those people whilst they are engaged in their vile talk wherever possible then try your best to. If you can have a word with the manager and your colleagues indiviudally about your conversion so that they may respect the changes that have occured in your life then you should do so as you are likely to get a better response telling them individually than saying it infront of everyone.

Hope that helped.
i have been looking for work actually but i dont really have much experiance, but ill keep trying..im really not looking forward to going back..but thanx for ur help..i think ill just keep my head down just forcus on work..hopefully ill find something better.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
04-06-2012, 01:32 PM
four months later in still there! sorry bump my thread but i didnt wanna make another one

in month or so we are gonna be selling wine...i was just wondering is that harram?

Endymion
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
I heard a lecture of Dr Zakir Naik and he said that working under a company that sells wine is Haram.

GuestFellow
04-06-2012, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
four months later in still there! sorry bump my thread but i didnt wanna make another one

in month or so we are gonna be selling wine...i was just wondering is that harram?
Salaam,

Yes it is haraam. It is best to look for another job. If you need the money, I would stick with this job and look for another one. You will have a difficult time looking for a job when you are unemployed.

'Abd-al Latif
04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
:salamext:

No they cannot force you to take it off. If they force you to take it off or fire you if you don't then you can take them to court for religious discrimination/unfair dismissal. Perhaps I can give you better and more accurate advice if you mention the kind of work you actually do.

The place where you work must be permissible to work in because one's invocation is not accepted if one's earnings are from impressible means. This includes jobs where it is not permissible to work as well as the the actual work activity itself being honest.

Your current workplace isn't the ideal place to work in. The music as well as the gay, bisexual and lesbian (possibly!) colleagues along with an environment where one indulges in a lot of evil is not a place where your iman will grow. Being new to Islam it is vital that you keep yourself distant from your old bad habits, customs and especially from evil people. Work is the place where you will spend most of your time and being around bad company will have a negative affect on your iman.

My advice: look for another job.

If it is too difficult for you to look for other work than be patient, don't be too friendly with the men and stay around righteous company as much as you can. Perhaps you can spend time in mosques and be around righteous sisters who will remind you of Allah during break and lunch times.

Marina-Aisha
04-06-2012, 02:46 PM
oh they have been okay bout my new faith..and i tell them not talk like that when im in room and they have been really nice bout that also..im going back to college in sep but i think i need to find another job as we be selling wine and they arent giving me alot hrs anymore...so ive been looking but its not like there loads jobs out there i uk....but im gonna keep looking..is there dua i can make to get better job?

'Abd-al Latif
04-06-2012, 03:56 PM
oh they have been okay bout my new faith..and i tell them not talk like that when im in room and they have been really nice bout that also..im going back to college in sep but i think i need to find another job as we be selling wine and they arent giving me alot hrs anymore...so ive been looking but its not like there loads jobs out there i uk....but im gonna keep looking..is there dua i can make to get better job?
No particular du'aa that I know of but a du'aa that is sincerely from the heart is responded to. Be confident that your invocation will be heard and responded. 'Umar ibn Khattab said that he is sure that his du'aa will be accepted but worries only to be able to find time supplicate as much as he wants to (as he was busy due to being a caliph).

Marina-Aisha
04-06-2012, 04:10 PM
okay thank you for all your help..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!