/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What causes you to lose height?

Salahudeen
11-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Last time I measured myself, I'm sure I was 183cm but now I'm 179cm, either I measured myself wrong last time, or I've lost 4 cm. What are the possible causes of losing height?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Age. As we age, our bones become smaller/shorter, thus we lose some height.

islamica
11-27-2011, 08:39 PM
also, slouching. Some people slouch when standing or walking and thus become hunchbacks like that and loose their normal height.

Abz2000
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Also depends on the time of day you measured yourself,
People are usually taller in the morning after a good night's sleep, and the joints compact due to gravity by evening

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
11-27-2011, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Last time I measured myself, I'm sure I was 183cm but now I'm 179cm, either I measured myself wrong last time, or I've lost 4 cm. What are the possible causes of losing height?
:sl:

Height fluctuates throughout the day +/- 1/half an inch. So it is nothing to worry about. It is something to do with spinal disc compression. Its normal though.

Tawangar
11-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Poor counting skills.:p
:wa:

Abz2000
11-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Or different glasses :)

syed1
11-28-2011, 06:22 AM
hey man your about 6 feet which is pretty tall so dont complain :P ... but yes it does depend on your posture, it has a lot to do with your spine

Khadijak
11-28-2011, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Or different glasses :)
Or maybe the measuring tape was missing some cms? :P

Abz2000
11-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Must've snapped so he glued it back with 2cm overlapped :)

Abdul-Raouf
11-28-2011, 05:54 PM
This time u removed ur Big Shoes and measured ?? ;D;D

Salahudeen
11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
lol ;D

Salahudeen
11-28-2011, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
also, slouching. Some people slouch when standing or walking and thus become hunchbacks like that and loose their normal height.
I've done quite a bit of that, anyway to reverse it? Do I just sit up straight?

Asiyah3
11-28-2011, 08:53 PM
How about sleeping on the floor?

IslamicRevival
11-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Can you really lose height? :hmm: (Serious question)

Salahudeen
11-28-2011, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Can you really lose height? :hmm: (Serious question)
Yeah, if you get Osteoporosis you lose lots I heard. But I don't know at which age you're most likely to get Osteoporosis, I think only people from 40 and above get it but I'm not sure at all.

IslamicRevival
11-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah, if you get Osteoporosis you lose lots I heard. But I don't know at which age you're most likely to get Osteoporosis, I think only people from 40 and above get it but I'm not sure at all.
Interesting to know. Thanks bro

islamica
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
You have to sit up straight and walk and stand straight. You can ask others around you to remind you. My brother used to slouch and we'd hit his back everytime to fix his behavior and he started walk and standing straight. It added 3 inches to his height. There are also back straps that can help keep you straight till you become normal like that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!