/* */

PDA

View Full Version : are we suppose to view everything as fate?

syed1
11-27-2011, 07:00 PM
As the title states, my question is regarding how we view occurrences in our life. are we supposed to believe that everything that happens is for a reason or could some things which happen be due to you your own lack of knowledge or skill. is one suppose to view the lack of knowledge or skill as something for which their is a reason as well?

I would like to use a very basic example. Say you apply for several jobs and you land a few interviews and after giving the interview you find out you did not get the job even though you really wanted it and it would have been good for you (or so one would think, right?). Any ways, the point is that what if that person simply didn't get the job due to his/her lack of competence or ability to give a good interview. is one suppose to view that as their own fault, that he/she was incompetent in their interview skills or should one view it as God not providing such skills to that person so that he/she not succeed at the interview because the end result might be bad?

Could one person not view simply landing the interview as being a gift or blessing by Allah SWT and one messing up the interview being one's own fault??

could someone please explain the notion of predetermined fate? how we are suppose to view each aspect of our life, whether it has a reason behind it or could it be because, as i mentioned earlier, due to a lack of skill, for example.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed1
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
hmm any one?

Perseveranze
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Maybe this might be helpful? http://www.onislam.net/english/readi...nes-fate-.html

ardianto
12-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Assalamualaikum

As a person who don't speak English as first language I don't know what's difference between Fate and Destiny ? and I don't dont know what's the accurate word for Fate in Indonesian language, Takdir or Nasib.

In Indonesia we have two words which related to Fate, Takdir and Nasib. Both words are originally from Arabic.

Takdir/taqdir (Arabic=Qadr) is something that already happened to us and cannot be changed, and this is Allah decision. Nasib is something that happen to us now, and can be changed in the future.

I give an example. If we wanted to study in favorite university but we failed in entrance test, this is takdir. Allah decide, we cannot study in this university this year. But it doesn't means our nasib is cannot study in this university. We can change our nasib in the next entrance test next year.

Another example. Someone is poor because he was born in poor family. His takdir is born in poor family. He cannot change his takdir with re-born in rich family. But it doesn't means his [I]nasib{/I] is always be a poor man. He can change his nasib and become rich man if try to do something.

Should we view everything as fate ? should we believe in fate ?

Depend on which fate do you mean ? takdir or nasib. We must believe takdir as decision that made by Allah, and believe in Takdir (qada, qadr) is the 6th Pillar of Iman. But don't ever make nasib as a something that prevent us to do something good. Like "I always failed in job test because my fate is have lack of abilities". No, no, don't ever thinking like that, it is same like we blame Allah.

Ulama in my place often remind ummah with quote ayah from surah Ar-Ra'd : 11 (Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves).

Those ulama said, our life will not going better if we never try to do something good to make our life better. And our life will not going worse if we never do something wrong that make us lose all ni'mah that given by Allah.

So, brother, if you have failed in an attempt, you must believe Allah decide you failed in that attempt. But do not thinking Allah want you failed in your next attempt. You must do the best thing that you can do. And when you have gained success, always remember what ulama said, don't do something wrong that will make you lose the ni'mah that given by Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!