/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is islam for?

karinasun
11-28-2011, 10:22 PM
can you tell me, why muslims want people to join islam since you yourself have no sureness of salvation? if you yourself dont know where you will end up after you die then you have nothing to offer to those who are SURE of their salvation.

christians KNOW that they are already saved because Jesus went to the Cross to die for the humanity and all of our sins 2000 years ago. it is a done deal. we dont have to earn salvation by good works because salvation is a free gift: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast. " (eph 2:8-9)

also in christinaity we becme children of God and God Hiself comes to dwel in our hearts and you muslims are only slaves of allah and you have no personal contact nor relationship with allah... then agan you have nothing to offer to those who hear the voice of God and are healed by Jesus and are comforted by Him and are close to him...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
11-28-2011, 11:08 PM
it's not about that - it's about seeing the truth and following what you know to be true,
you can believe that you can fly if you want, i'm sure you wouldn't argue with someone who tells others that humans don't have wings.
even if your idea is great.

we don't give up on salvation - we hope for His mercy and fear His wrath.
we don't know the unseen,
and we don't tell God what to do.

Ghazalah
11-28-2011, 11:14 PM
SubhanAllah.

Why would you want a God who has children? Where's His wife? Are they Uncles involved? The whole concept of 'children of God' is flawed from every angle.

As brother Abbz stated, we have the Mercy of Allah swt to hope for, if we are already have salvation, then I might aswell sin day and night, and disobey my so-called FATHER.

Oh we Muslims have a relationship with Allah swt. If we want Allah swt to speak to us we read the Quran. If we want to talk to Him we go and stand before Him in Salaah. We make dua.

Associating anything or anyone with a God, would make God become more human. No God is worthy of being God if he is need of something else, which in your case, he is need of his creation! Lol, subhanAllah.

Perseveranze
11-28-2011, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by karinasun
also in christinaity we becme children of God and God Hiself comes to dwel in our hearts and you muslims are only slaves of allah and you have no personal contact nor relationship with allah... then agan you have nothing to offer to those who hear the voice of God and are healed by Jesus and are comforted by Him and are close to him...
Peace Karinasun,

How can you say we don't have a personal relationship with God, when Christians have to pray towards Jesus(pbuh) so that he can act as a middle-man with you and "the father".

Whereas Muslims bow down to God (Allah), just how Jesus(pbuh) did, and we have no middle ground, we pray straight to Allah(swt). So in this respect, I'm quite sure we have the "closer" relationship with God.

Watch this -

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-28-2011, 11:37 PM
When Christians come back from the dead can they speak of the 'know' that you're so certain of, other than that anybody can claim anything, especially in a scripture that is riddled with hypocrisy, nonsense and complete lack of textual and logical consistency.

Islam is a thinking person's religion. Christianity is no more attractive than Hinduism or Shintoism or Taoism or any multi-goded mythology..

best,

Qaswa
11-28-2011, 11:47 PM
There is salvation in Islam but on certain conditions. There are numerous verses in the Holy Quran that explains that. To mention a few,

Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. 2:37

"...Then He accepted your repentance; indeed, He is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful." 2:54

"...Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves." 2.278

"...The repentance accepted by Allah is only for those who do wrong in ignorance [or carelessness] and then repent soon after. It is those to whom Allah will turn in forgiveness, and Allah is ever Knowing and Wise." 4:17

And many more verses.

By the way can you please clarify the "SURENESS OF SALVATION" as defined in Christianity. Because from your words "Christians KNOW that they are already saved" i understand that a drunk christian who kills another for no other reason but pleasure gets a free pass to heaven, a christian who rapes a child lands up in heaven as soon as he is dead, a christian who cheats his friend, one who backbites on others, one who oppresses poor, one who loots money from others they all have a party at heaven?

IslamicRevival
11-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Jesus Peace Be Upon Him did not sacrifice his life for YOUR sins (Nor is he, Peace be Upon him son of God)
Its just absurd. Whats the point in life if were saved already?

As Muslims our ultimate goal is Heaven but its not going to be served on a platter to us, we have to work for it by obeying Almighty Allah and following the way of our beloved Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him, The greatest man to have ever set foot on this entire universe.

We doesn't take no shortcuts.

syed1
11-29-2011, 12:23 AM
christians KNOW that they are already saved because Jesus went to the Cross to die for the humanity and all of our sins 2000 years ago. it is a done deal. we dont have to earn salvation by good works because salvation is a free gift:
a free gift? there's not such thing a free lunch buddy. you gotta work for it. just like islam teaches that you have to work to achieve salvation...

I do not know how you could be so naive to believe that you are guaranteed paradise. having that kind of mentality would actually send a person astray because in the back of their mind they're convinced what ever they do on this earth is does not matter because their saved.

Just a question, if I were to become christian today and firmly believed in what you and your bible proclaim, and went on to drink, murder, fornicate etc would I too land in heaven? and if that is the case, then doesn't the rest of the bible become useless, I mean, couldn't one just believe in the that specific quote , believe in Jesus as god, the holy trinity and not really care about anything else?

Flame of Hope
11-29-2011, 01:01 AM
can you tell me, why muslims want people to join islam since you yourself have no sureness of salvation? if you yourself dont know where you will end up after you die then you have nothing to offer to those who are SURE of their salvation.

christians KNOW that they are already saved because Jesus went to the Cross to die for the humanity and all of our sins 2000 years ago. it is a done deal. we dont have to earn salvation by good works because salvation is a free gift: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:Not of works, lest any man should boast. " (eph 2:8-9)

In Islam, salvation is achieved exclusively through faith... by the testimony that there are no gods besides the God of Abraham, Moses and Jesus and that Muhammad is the Last messenger of God.

This is the key to salvation in Islam..... and this key is given to Muslims only when they use their power of thought and reason to know this truth.

No Muslim "earns" his or her way to salvation. Salvation is a gift that God bestows on people..... who PROVE to Him their truthfulness by their STRIVING.

In Islam, this striving.... this effort that is put in by man to obtain the good pleasure of God is the essence of worship. It is in this striving that one's sincerity towards God is proven.

If you were to KNOW for sure that you would be saved.... then your striving would end. Why work so hard to please God if you are guaranteed salvation? You would become complacent, self-satisfied and worst of all..... proud and arrogant. You would begin to think you are better than others. You would become like the devil himself.

Salvation is for the humble and the meek. Not the proud.

Unless of course you can show me where in the Bible it is said that salvation is guaranteed even for the proud.

syed1
11-29-2011, 01:41 AM
hmm, why'd the mod disable her account.. I wanted to see what she'd say ..

جوري
11-29-2011, 01:55 AM
They wouldn't unless s/he was a previous troll believe me we had trollier trolls than this one.. They do check IP addresses..

:w:

Predator
11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
These born again cultists are all the same . Proud and arrogant and always boasting that they have salvation by the blood of Jesus(PBUH) which will take them to heaven and they are just knocking at doors wanting to steal our faith and drag us to hell.

Bluebell is right. I remember reading this exact text posted sometime maybe a week or 2 ago and admins disabled the account and now she is back again
This time I hope the Admins ban her IP permanently

Marina-Aisha
11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
i dont get why they are even coming here...wots there point if they dont wanna learn more bout islam...

Insaanah
11-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Greetings Joannadark,

I see you've decided to try again.

what is islam for?
To bring mankind out of the darkness of worshipping false gods, many gods, no god, three-in-one gods, and all other forms of error, into the light of just worshipping the One True God, with no associates or sharers whatsover in His Exclusive Divinity. The same God, who forgives us, if we repent sincerely.

I find Islam to be the only religion that recognises Allaah's power to forgive with just His will. All other religions seem to claim that forgiveness requires a purchase price and if we can't pay it, somebody else has to pay it on our behalf.

In Islam, forgiveness comes without a purchase price or sacrifice. We do not/can not: buy, sacrifice for, earn or steal it. It comes freely when we sincerely ask for forgiveness and truly repent, accepting Allaah's will. (Woodrow)

can you tell me, why muslims want people to join islam
People join Islam in their droves, regardless of if we want them to or not, and they do so because they recognise it as being the Ultimate Truth. Naturally we want all to benefit from that truth, and to save them from ways of error.

also in christinaity we becme children of God... you muslims are only slaves of allah.
We are indeed His slaves, just as Christ, peace be upon him was, and for Muslims, there is no prouder title:

Muhsin Khan
The Messiah will never be proud to reject to be a slave to Allah, nor the angels who are near (to Allah). And whosoever rejects His worship and is proud, then He will gather them all together unto Himself. (4:172)

Sahih International
But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination.(5:18)

you have no personal contact nor relationship with allah...
Let's see who has a personal relationship with God, shall we?

According to Christians, the Bible says that the first man committed a sin, and that all of mankind is tainted with that sin, and that God could not/did not forgive him, so made another man suffer and die thousands of years later for the mistakes of the first man and for all mankind's sins, sins that the man who was made to die himself did not commit. He could not directly forgive the first man.

This does not paint the picture of a loving, forgiving God as Christians like to trumpet, but an unloving, unforgiving, unjust God, who lacked the power to forgive without having to make a sacrifice.

Now compare the above with this:

While the Christian concept of God seems to be that God is unjust and unforgiving, and lacking in power, the Islamic concept of God, is that He is Most Just, and He is Forgiving, Merciful for all who repent sincerely and ask Him for forgiveness, forgiving them at will, from the very first people on earth, to all those who will ever live:

Sahih International
They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers." (7:23)

Sahih International

Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. (2:37)

Sahih International
Then his Lord chose him and turned to him in forgiveness and guided [him]. (20:122)

Prophet Adam (peace be upon him) repented sincerely, directly to God, so God directly forgave him. As simple as that. No sacrifice needed.

You cannot get a more personal and direct relationship than that, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise. And we (Muslims) all enjoy this direct and personal relationship with God. I invite you to it.

Peace.

Predator
11-29-2011, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Greetings Joannadark,

I see you've decided to try again..
haha , yes it was joanna . i remember now

جوري
11-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Her previous Joan of dark was a more befitting SN.. really have very low tolerance of those bible thumping fundies!
great post sis Insanah .. now tell me this, have you seen a christian from this board perhaps excluding Eric H utter words beyond the 'gift & sacrifice' in the same monochromatic style? .. you're too generous to assume they actually do some reading.. light or in depth..

:w:

Ali_008
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Let her stay, un-ban her. Let's duel. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!