/* */

PDA

View Full Version : appendicitis - will I live?

syed1
11-29-2011, 01:48 AM
salam everyone,

I have already had one appendicitis surgery and therefore have only one appendix left.. lately I have been feeling a mild pain on my lower left side of my abdomen, its a pain which sort of comes and goes, its very subtle. I am afraid that this might turn into something potentially much worse..

Is it possible to live with out both of your appendixes ? that is assuming that my left one is about to burst too.. any help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
serena77
11-29-2011, 02:02 AM
yes you can live w/o your appendixes infact i thought that usually they took everything out when they had to do the surgery. i'm sure you would be fine.
serena

جوري
11-29-2011, 02:16 AM
I hate to break this news but you only have ONE appendix. When it was taken out your surgical scar which is very unique should forever tell your surgeon or other doctors who give you a physical that you've had it removed. Now there are rare cases when a dumb surgeon will take something else out, because when your bowels are so inflamed some can't tell one things from the other.. So question is did you see the pathology report? did a pathologist identify the specimen as an appendix?

You should go get checked out, lots of things can happen in there like an acute abdomen or pancreatitis or diverticulitis or or or so so just because you've abdominal pain doesn't automatically denote it is your appendix..

:w:

syed1
11-29-2011, 02:54 AM
okay thanks for your help. I have not seen the pathology reports but I think they got the right organ out- after all, I didn't feel the same pain after the surgery as before..

for some reason I've always thought there were 2 appendix one on each side? so this is not the case?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-29-2011, 03:07 AM
no, not the case, it is a remnant of an embryological remnant from the cecum. Either way if you're feeling a bit feverish, the pain gets worse or you start vomiting I'd go to the ER.

:w:

TrueStranger
11-29-2011, 05:02 AM
:sl:

Yes, brother, you will live! :p

syed1
11-29-2011, 06:01 AM
thanks for the reassurance.

Innocent Soul
11-29-2011, 11:48 AM
^ Now you got the reassurance then please change your mood :). But you should visit the doc.

But remember death is near and everyone is going to be resurrected.

And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent. [Quran 65:3]

Every soul will taste death. And We test you with evil and with good as trial; and to Us you will be returned(21:35)

"O mankind! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true. So let not this present life deceive you, and let not the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah" [Surah Fatir: 5]

And remember Allah in your heart, with humility and fear, in quiet voice, day and night; and do not be one of those who are neglectful." [Quran Al-A’raaf,7:205]

Whatever you have will end, but what Allah has is lasting. And We will surely give those who were patient their reward according to the best of what they used to do.(Surah Taha 20:96)

You believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.(61:11)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!