/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Solat Taubat (Repentence)

I.Shaiek
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Assalamualaikum.

I would like to ask a question with regards to prayer to repentence (Solat Taubat).

Firstly, I am not that pious and have been committing a lot of sins before. My knowledge about our religion, Islam, is not that great. It is always after something happened that we became aware of all these.

Frankly, I do not really know the ways to perform Solat Taubat. However, I did try to look it up on the Internet and I somehow figure it but I would like to clear some doubts.

Firstly, it is said that Solat Taubat is best done at night, usually the last third. Perhaps, the time around three in the morning. Is this prayer the same as other sunat prayers, whereby we must sleep first before performing it. If so, after we wake up, are we suppose to bath and take wudhu before performing the prayers?

Secondly, I read that on the last sujud, we are supposed to recite the doa Nabi Yunus. Some mentioned that it is to be recited forty times. Is this true?

Lastly, as my grasp of reading in Arab is not good, I currently find it difficult to read the doa after prayers. Is it alright if I read the doa in its translated verse?

That is all the question I have for now and I hope to be able to get some answers here.
Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-04-2012, 09:16 AM
1- This prayer is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

2- It is prescribed when the Muslim repents from any sin, whether it is a major sin or a minor sin, and whether this repentance comes immediately after committing the sin or after some time has passed.

3- This prayer may be offered at any time, including times when prayer is disallowed.

4- It is mustahabb for the penitent to do some good deeds along with this prayer, such as charity etc.

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/98030

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!