/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Importance of Manners

islamica
12-02-2011, 01:33 AM
The Importance of Manners

...Abu Darda' reported thatthe Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "Nothing is weightier on the Scale of Deeds than one's good manners."
Bukhari's Book of Manners #271, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban.

Abu Huraira, r.a., said, "I heard Abu al Qasim (the Prophet), say, 'The best among you in Islam are those with the best manners, so long as they develop a sense of understanding.' "
Bukhari's Book of Manners #286 and Ahmad

The Prophet (saaws) said: "The most beloved of Allah's servants to Allah are those with the best manners."
At-Tabaraanee collected it, and Albani authenticated it in Silsilatul-AHaadeethis-Saheehah (#432).

'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr said, "The Prophet of Allah was never obscene or coarse. Rather, he used to tell us that the best among us were those with the best manners."
Sahih Bukhari, Muslim, and Tirmidhi

Anas said, "I served the Prophet of Allah for ten years. During that time, he never once said to me as much as 'Oof' if I did something wrong. He never asked me, if I had failed to do something, 'Why did you not do it?,' and he never said to me, if I had done something wrong, 'Why did you do it?' "
Sahih Bukhari, Muslim and Ahmad

Abu Huraira, r.a., said thatthe Prophet of Allah said, "If one has good manners, one may attain the same level of merit as those who spend their nights in prayer."
Bukhari's Book of Manners # 285, Hakim, and Abu Dawud

Abu Hurairah reported thatthe Prophet of Allah said, "And what is most likely to send people to Paradise? Being conscious of Allah and good manners."
Bukhari's Book of Manners # 290, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad

Nawas ibn Sam'an reported, that the Prophet of Allah was asked about doing good and evil. He replied, "Doing good is having good manners. Doing evil is what troubles you inside and what you would not like others to know about."
Bukhari's Book of Manners # 296, Muslim, Tirmidhi, Darimi, Abu 'Awanah, Hakim, and Ibn Hibban.

The Prophet of Allah said, "He who does not show mercy to our young or show esteem for our elders is not one of us."
Bukhari's Book of Manners #360, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, and Hakim

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
♥ Sofia ♥
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM
:salamext:

jazak'Allah khair for this thread. it's a great reminder, especially for someone like myself :)

islamica
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Wa'alaikum as’salaam wa rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh

always a pleasure :)

and a great reminder for us all inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!