/* */

PDA

View Full Version : US military responsible for Dasht-e-Leili massacre in Afghanistan

Abz2000
12-03-2011, 01:46 AM
i decided to post this - lest we forget

second vid:

the actual documentary:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
12-10-2011, 02:35 AM
bumpity bump

Ramadhan
12-10-2011, 03:54 AM
This massacre, and using the standard set by US, now the afghanis has the right to launch attacks on US civilians.
(remember, The US used 9/11 as the excuse to launch attacks on afghani civilians).

جوري
12-10-2011, 04:50 AM
Just saw a documentary on al jazeera today but couldn't get the full details as I was trying to brew a needed cup o joe about a dutch massacre in Indonesia sometime in the forties which the dutch only apologized for only recently so the victims families can move on.. How does an apology help I wonder?

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
12-10-2011, 05:05 AM
it's like shooting a father to death , then looking at the children and saying: errr, sorry

جوري
12-10-2011, 05:08 AM
The woman described how she found her husband in a way that was so chilling to me walhi.. she said she remembered how it was raining that day and that she was calling his name and could see the water turning red with blood, she found him, she buried him and left the city..
If it comes again on al jazeera I'll link it here.

:w:

Ramadhan
12-10-2011, 08:52 AM
^ here it is:

Netherlands Apologizes — At Last
Ismira Lutfia | December 10, 2011

Balongsari, West Java. The Dutch government has formally apologized for a massacre in the village of Rawagede 64 years ago, giving surviving residents hope for a fresh start in the West Java village at long last.

Dutch Ambassador to Indonesia Tjeerd de Zwaan, speaking in the now renamed village of Balongsari, said the 1947 massacre of at least 150 boys and men was an example of how Dutch-Indonesian relations could go “so wrong” and assured the community that the apology had the broad support of people in the Netherlands.

The apology comes on the anniversary of the Dec. 9, 1947, massacre after a long legal battle by survivors and widows.

Dutch troops entered Rawagede during Indonesia’s war for independence. They killed men and boys as young as 13 as their families and neighbors were forced to looked on.

Dutch officials claim 150 people were killed, but activists and locals say the death toll was 431.

The apology follows a landmark ruling at a civil court in The Hague in September, which ruled the Dutch state was responsible for the executions.

It ruled in favor of seven widows and a survivor of the massacre who took the case to court.

The court rejected the Dutch government’s argument that no claim could be lodged because the Dutch statute of limitations of five years had passed, calling it “unacceptable.”

The villagers of Balongsari have marked the anniversary of the massacre since 1996. De Zwaan attended this year’s ceremony and said: “In this context and on behalf of the Dutch government, I apologize for the tragedy that took place in Rawagede.”

He issued the apology in English and then in Indonesian, which elicited loud cheers from the gathered villagers.

“I come here not only as a representative of the Dutch government,” he said. “I come here as a representative of the Dutch Parliament and the Dutch people.

“I hope that by reflecting together on what happened that day we will also be able to turn together to the future and all its opportunities for close, productive cooperation between the two countries.”

In addition to the apology, the Dutch government is compensating the widows and families of those killed with a payment of 20,000 euros ($26,700).

Liesbeth Zegveld, the Dutch lawyer for the widows, welcomed the apology, but added that no amount of money could compensate for the loss the women and families had suffered.

One of the widows, 80-year-old Tijen bin Tasim, said she would use the money to buy a house for herself. “I also want to buy a rice field so I can grow my own food,” she said.

Wanti bin Dodo, 93, said she didn’t know what she would do with the money. “I’m old, I don’t really need anything,” she said.

Ade Swara, the head of Karawang district in West Java, where Balongsari is located, said it was not appropriate to raise the issue of compensation at the same time as issuing the apology.

“What is important is the apology and the admission that what took place 64 years ago shouldn’t have happened,” he said.

Ade said that this could set a new precedent for bringing closure to similar cases throughout Indonesia.

He said he wanted his administration to be involved in ensuring the widows receive the compensation money.

“If we want the money to get to the widows, the administration should be involved in distributing it,” Ade said.

Batara Hutagalung, one of the activists who represented the widows, said the apology was a long time coming and was the result of a protracted protest. The widows had petitioned to appear before the Dutch Parliament three times.

Batara added that the activists had not received any money from the Indonesian government to fund their legal battle.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/...at-last/483851

جوري
12-10-2011, 10:59 AM
That's the one akhi Baraka Allah feek

User29123
12-10-2011, 01:38 PM
This all gets be depressed, it is just plain sickening the main media don't show none of this or about Israel's Nuclear Weapons.

Salahudeen
12-10-2011, 02:57 PM
20K is an insult :hmm: is that how much value they placed on the lost lifes? a years salary??

جوري
12-10-2011, 04:11 PM
why would they show you this stuff? Newt Gingrich the cockroach said that 'The Palestinians are an invented people' these are the sort of twits, ditz and morons they elect into office.. if he licks the zionist a$$ enough maybe he'll gain control and he knows the only way to become president is to be a Zionist.. Let the American people know who is truly running their country and why their economy is tanking..
Kaleela and dimna anyone? The Blind Giant and the crippled midget all over again..

Abz2000
01-06-2012, 01:39 AM
they'll wake up soon

Jedi_Mindset
01-07-2012, 12:31 PM
And they can ''just'' get away with it, pfff, You can't trade money with lives. The world is so corrupt nowadays that we just ''apologize'' by giving worthless money. Very sick, makes my stomach turn.

UmmuShaheed
01-14-2012, 02:15 AM
I wonder how a formal apology with a guy in a tight suit is supposed to make life any easier for those our suffering brothers and sisters?!
It honestly sickens me when I think of this matter.. especially because people feel the issue is resolved.
(like previous people pointed out) It DOESNT bring them back, or make it any easier on them.
May Allah give them strength Allahuma Amin!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!