/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I become social with me peers?

Moneeb
12-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Okay I go to school and have some friends that I made are there. Well, in classes I am quiet(It is sorta of thing for me to pay attention in class) but the problem is when my classmates or friends talk about something, I just watch and sometimes listen. I know I should join in but sometimes I dont know what to say(Mostly the topic might be sports and basketball or basketball players or NBA but I am not into those things.) I go to Islamic School but the problem is they dont take Islam seriously. I mean they curse around and maybe they dont pray because I saw some who dont.(I pray of course since I am devoted to Islam and my love for Allah(swt)) It just dont know if I should hang out them a lot. I have just trouble inviting them or ask if I can come over to their house. I just need help.
Oh I have a question. Is it obligatory or something advised to be social?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
12-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Don't worry I'm exactly the same, been like that all my life, some people are just extroverted others are introverted, it's better the way you are I think, because the prophet (saw) said "whoever believes in Allah and the last day should say something good or remain silent", lots of idle talking could lead you to say something bad without even realizing. The tongue should only be used for good.

Also you sound very mature for your age, so this is also a problem for you because your friends sound immature so it's only natural you won't have anything to say in their conversations. You'd probably have loads to talk about with a mature adult who discusses beneficial topics. But because you're surrounded by immature kids who love to curse you're a bit out of place cos you're not like that.

Don't worry though, when you get older and meet people who have matured you'll be ok and have lots to say, just be careful your friends don't influence you or drag you down with them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!