/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the concept of free will in islam

anonymous
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
I know in islam we are taught that we have free will and we have the right to make choices and we choose what we want to do...

but it is also a known fact that Allah SWT knows the unseen, the past the present the future so he knows what your going to do.. That is not to say that you don't have free will it just means that God already knows what you are going to do....

I guess my question is: why then run this "test" (essentially life is a test) - when the outcome is predetermined since Allah already knows what we will do...

usually when you conduct a test or experiment you are in search for the outcome but since Allah is all knowing all seeing he already knows the outcome...

anyways, I just wanted some insight on this.. I am in no way questioning why God is doing what he is doing as I am sure he has a his own reason .. but I just thought about it from a humanly perspective and thought if there are any verses or information on regards to this topic/concern...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
12-06-2011, 06:28 PM
hmm anyone

Asiyah3
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I guess my question is: why then run this "test" (essentially life is a test) - when the outcome is predetermined since Allah already knows what we will do...
:sl:

It would be unfair and injustice to punish people for deeds they have not even done. Satan was not taken out of Paradise until he did his deed, and Allah swt already knew of the arrogance in his heart.

SFatima
12-07-2011, 04:44 PM
In my limited understanding, the journey of this life is extremely important for man to discover his true need to bow down to his creator, the creator knows everything, but 'we' know Nothing, it is us who need to know all this. And that knowledge is something that we humans only learn when we get hurt, get tested and trialed to awaken that need, that probably probably the first human was not quite aware of? even in the heaven at first? ( I dont know if this is the right thing to say but just a thought)

The test is for us, i.e Humans to see their own worth and their own calibre. And actually see how much capable we are of doing evil and yet we try to stay away from it if we fear Allah swt. Offcorse Allah swt knows everything, but i think that the first man desired to be tested and trialed, to serve Allah swt, and to prove himself, there wasn't much to prove in heaven, a place full of perfection. ( purely my own thoughts).

So just like this world is temporary, the trials are also temporary, they do feel really heavy sometimes and shake us completely, but when we show faith in Allah swt, the pain is lessened, and Allah swt promises repeatedly us that

" those who believe, shall have no worry on the day of judgment, nor shall they grieve".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!