/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prevent members from changing font colour and bad signatures!

User29123
12-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Salam,

I see some members use pink fonts or other fonts in their text, which makes it very hard to see the text especially with the white background, can we stop this please? Make everyone use black colour only.

Edit>

I now want to add, I no longer members to have huge images cause then I have to scroll to often :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Prevent members from changing font colour?
No. I like purple. I agree with you in that some font colours are difficult to read, but I don't think it would be very fair to make everyone go back to grey, the way it used to be. I think threads looks much better now, all bright and colourful instead of dull and grey.

Hmm.. maybe there could be a rule against using font colours which make text difficult to read. :hmm: But members should try to make it easier for others to read their posts in the first place!

So... just change your font colour if it's difficult to see the text, please :)

User29123
12-06-2011, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

No. I like purple. I agree with you in that some font colours are difficult to read, but I don't think it would be very fair to make everyone go back to grey, the way it used to be. I think threads looks much better now, all bright and colourful instead of dull and grey.

Hmm.. maybe there could be a rule against using font colours which make text difficult to read. :hmm: But members should try to make it easier for others to read their posts in the first place!

So... just change your font colour if it's difficult to see the text, please :)
Your colour font is okay, other people use really light pink or yellow which can make the post hard to read, especially if you were glasses to and have a bad eyesight!

Innocent Soul
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
^ I have a bad eyesight :unhappy:. I always highlight Endy's posts and other member also who use those colors. I once requested Endy to change her font color and ^o) she started crying :raging:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
User29123
12-06-2011, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
^ I have a bad eyesight :unhappy:. I always highlight Endy's posts and other member also who use those colors. I once requested Endy to change her font color and ^o) she started crying :raging:.
I was not going to name the people but looks like you have done it for me :):statisfie:statisfie

Haya emaan
12-06-2011, 04:26 PM
i agree
i would request all the members to avoid using font colors and styles that makes post difficult to read... your post will be more effective..:)

جوري
12-06-2011, 04:37 PM
lol powered by google are you some kind of communist? I agree though some fonts are impossible to read through and some honest truth to God give me a headache and make my eyes tear specifically the neon colors.. I just skip those posts

~Raindrop~
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
^Sometimes I highlight the post, makes it easier to read :X

Haya emaan
12-06-2011, 04:48 PM
and some times (if font style not good)i had to quote the whole thing in a new reply box, read it and then clear it..

جوري
12-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I was about to suggest that to but then thought it would only encourage those LGBT colors to come out in full bloom ^o)

User29123
12-06-2011, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
lol powered by google are you some kind of communist? I agree though some fonts are impossible to read through and some honest truth to God give me a headache and make my eyes tear specifically the neon colors.. I just skip those posts :phew
I find your text hard to read..

To much mouse movement then, plus I hate highlighting.

I now want to make another suggestion, stop members from having large images which makes too much scrolling..

جوري
12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Good luck with all that pbg

User29123
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
Good luck with all that pbg

Haya emaan
12-07-2011, 06:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
i agree
i would request all the members to avoid using font colors and styles that makes post difficult to read... your post will be more effective..:)
add font size in this..:ermm:

Endymion
12-14-2011, 03:01 PM
A whole thread dedicated to my font color :D Thanks guys :giggling:

I better stop irritating kids :p

(Acting like a good girl,changing her font color).

What about this,people ^o)

Ramadhan
12-14-2011, 03:05 PM
^ much better endy!

jazakallahu

IslamicRevival
12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Im not so sure, Yes..some users could do with choosing easier to read text colors but im not too fussed, I still read them. Each to their own i guess

:)

User29123
12-14-2011, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
A whole thread dedicated to my font color :D Thanks guys :giggling:

I better stop irritating kids :p

(Acting like a good girl,changing her font color).

What about this,people ^o)
Your Welcome :P

Crystal
12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Black is boring sometimes :/ but neon is the worst!

Endymion
12-16-2011, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Im not so sure, Yes..some users could do with choosing easier to read text colors but im not too fussed, I still read them. Each to their own i guess

:)
Oh now i figure out loooool...

:giggling:

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-16-2011, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Salam,

I see some members use pink fonts or other fonts in their text, which makes it very hard to see the text especially with the white background, can we stop this please? Make everyone use black colour only.

Edit>

I now want to add, I no longer members to have huge images cause then I have to scroll to often :)
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
You can just over look their posts, i mean why would you like to read their posts by putting such effort...while you can ignore theirs...:p

Endymion
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

You can just over look their posts, i mean why would you like to read their posts by putting such effort...while you can ignore theirs...:p
So you can see how keen people actually are to read my posts,little jealous :p

Bahahhahaha.....

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
:lol: I am not jealous... I had just suggested a way to comfort their eyes. Anyways now that you have changed the font color...goood luck with your readers. :p:

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-16-2011, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
So you can see how keen people actually are to read my posts,little jealous
Call me jealous but I had reported about your sig pic, but no one's ready to take any action. ^o)

Endymion
12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Tch tch tch.....poor you :statisfie

Dont you ever mess with Endy otherwise

Modzila will come and eat all offtopic posts :skeleton:

Hey,the "Kind" Endy have something for your siggy :statisfie

P.S.
People,im also changing my font :statisfie

Innocent Soul
12-18-2011, 04:18 AM
^ Please change your sig first :D before suggesting others. Your sig is not suitable for an ISLAMIC FORUM :raging:.

Tyrion
12-18-2011, 04:22 AM
Err, I'd like to add something to the OP's complaints... Can we do something about name changes so that they're not as confusing? Maybe put their old name in parenthesis under their new name (for a while at least...)

Innocent Soul
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
That's a good idea. Coming in a disguise. We come to know which members can recognize us :D.

syilla
12-28-2011, 01:22 AM
complaints complaints complaints.... :P ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!