/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explaination of a Blackhole

sabr*
12-06-2011, 11:54 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

A black hole is a region of space time from which nothing,
not even light, can escape.The theory of general relativity predicts
that a sufficiently compact mass will deform space time to form a black hole.

Around a black hole there is a mathematically defined surface called an
event horizon that marks the point of no return. It is called "black" because
it absorbs all the light that hits the horizon, reflecting nothing, just like a perfect
black body in thermodynamics. Quantum mechanics predicts that black holes emit
radiation like a black body with a finite temperature.

This temperature is inversely proportional to the mass of the black hole
making it difficult to observe this radiation for black holes of stellar mass
or greater.

Attachment 4472

source: http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/k-4/stories/what-is-a-black-hole-k4.html

Al-Mursalat (Those Sent Forth)
فَإِذَا النُّجُومُ طُمِسَتْ (77:8)
Faitha alnnujoomu tumisat

77:8 (Y. Ali) Then when the stars become dim;

At-Tariq (The Night-Comer)
وَالسَّمَاء وَالطَّارِقِ (86:1)
Waalssamai waalttariqi

86:1 (Y. Ali) By the Sky and the Night-Visitant (therein);-
وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الطَّارِقُ86:2)
Wama adraka ma alttariqu

86:2 (Y. Ali) And what will explain to thee what the Night-Visitant is?-

النَّجْمُ الثَّاقِبُ (86:3)
Alnnajmu alththaqibu

86:3 (Y. Ali) (It is) the Star of piercing brightness;-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
12-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Ramadhan
12-13-2011, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*
86:2 (Y. Ali) And what will explain to thee what the Night-Visitant is?-

النَّجْمُ الثَّاقِبُ (86:3)
Alnnajmu alththaqibu

86:3 (Y. Ali) (It is) the Star of piercing brightness;-
It sounds like the verses describe Quasar, which is the most luminous object in the universe, and surrounding a supermassive black hole.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar

alcurad
12-13-2011, 10:23 AM
First of all, I don't mean to attack anyone with this, rather to convey my opinion and only that,,

I don't take the whole 'scientific miracles in the Qur'an' thing seriously for the following reasons:-

Firstly, they are not needed

The companions of the prophet accepted Islam while knowing less about science than the average middle-schooler does these days, for close to 14 centuries no Muslim has known or needed such 'miracles'

so why do we need them now?

Secondly, it is doubtful they are indeed miracles

If you know something about the cultural and scientific history of the region and are fluent in Arabic to the extent that Qur'anic Arabic makes sense to you then you'll see that what some people nowadays mistake for super secret miraculous knowledge hidden for millenniums were in fact well known phenomena back at the prophet's time

I mean things like salt and fresh water not mixing and so on, this was common knowledge, the same goes for the creation of infants, you see women used to miscarry even back then and the specific words used in the Qur'an to describe the different shapes are not unique to the Qur'an but were well known terms, if you don't believe me refer to what the scholars said in their tafseers

I'm not going to refute every single 'miracle' but you get the gist..

That the Qur'an uses beautiful and poetic language that allows for multiple interpretations should by no means lead us to conclude something which actually goes against the spirit of its argument:

While previous religions used miracles and supernatural events to justify their claims the Qur'an continuously points out to the order and very structure of the universe that appears uniform and harmonious as part of its proof of a creator.

Islam does not need and never has needed miracles of any sort

----

Surah 17: Bani Israel (The Children of Israel) Verses 89-93:

"And We have explained to man, in this Qur'an, every kind of similitude: yet the greater part of men refuse (to receive it) except with ingratitude!

They say: "We shall not believe in thee, until thou cause a spring to gush forth for us from the earth,

"Or (until) thou have a garden of date trees and vines, and cause rivers to gush forth in their midst, carrying abundant water;

"Or thou cause the sky to fall in pieces, as thou sayest (will happen), against us; or thou bring God and the angels before (us) face to face:

"Or thou have a house adorned with gold, or thou mount a ladder right into the skies. No, we shall not even believe in thy mounting until thou send down to us a book that we could read." Say: "Glory to my Lord! Am I aught but a man,- an apostle?"

----

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sabr*
12-13-2011, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
First of all, I don't mean to attack anyone with this, rather to convey my opinion and only that,,

I don't take the whole 'scientific miracles in the Qur'an' thing seriously for the following reasons:-

Firstly, they are not needed

The companions of the prophet accepted Islam while knowing less about science than the average middle-schooler does these days, for close to 14 centuries no Muslim has known or needed such 'miracles'

so why do we need them now?

Secondly, it is doubtful they are indeed miracles

If you know something about the cultural and scientific history of the region and are fluent in Arabic to the extent that Qur'anic Arabic makes sense to you then you'll see that what some people nowadays mistake for super secret miraculous knowledge hidden for millenniums were in fact well known phenomena back at the prophet's time

I mean things like salt and fresh water not mixing and so on, this was common knowledge, the same goes for the creation of infants, you see women used to miscarry even back then and the specific words used in the Qur'an to describe the different shapes are not unique to the Qur'an but were well known terms, if you don't believe me refer to what the scholars said in their tafseers

I'm not going to refute every single 'miracle' but you get the gist..

That the Qur'an uses beautiful and poetic language that allows for multiple interpretations should by no means lead us to conclude something which actually goes against the spirit of its argument:

While previous religions used miracles and supernatural events to justify their claims the Qur'an continuously points out to the order and very structure of the universe that appears uniform and harmonious as part of its proof of a creator.

Islam does not need and never has needed miracles of any sort

----

Surah 17: Bani Israel (The Children of Israel) Verses 89-93:

"And We have explained to man, in this Qur'an, every kind of similitude: yet the greater part of men refuse (to receive it) except with ingratitude!

They say: "We shall not believe in thee, until thou cause a spring to gush forth for us from the earth,

"Or (until) thou have a garden of date trees and vines, and cause rivers to gush forth in their midst, carrying abundant water;

"Or thou cause the sky to fall in pieces, as thou sayest (will happen), against us; or thou bring God and the angels before (us) face to face:

"Or thou have a house adorned with gold, or thou mount a ladder right into the skies. No, we shall not even believe in thy mounting until thou send down to us a book that we could read." Say: "Glory to my Lord! Am I aught but a man,- an apostle?"

----
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Akhi alcurad:

this thread only defined and explained a blackhole.

Now I have no idea how you and Muezzin who liked your post get the promotion of miracles from this thread.

It is strange how the mind can create things.

This thread is very clear there is no need to include imaginary subtitles to it.

alcurad
12-14-2011, 01:20 AM
^ yes but I wasn't specifically aiming at you with the above post, rather you included some verses below the explanation then Ramadhan went ahead and suggested that one of those verses seems to refer to Quasars,,

I wanted to state my opinion about the issue since these topics invariably bring mention of those miracles

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!