/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just had enough

anonymous
12-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I've honestly just had enough!

Sometimes I feel like what Is the point?!

Ill give you an example: I have been looking for a job for over a year now and finally got offered a job but the location wasn't feasible so why did Allah grant my dua when he knew I couldn't travel to work everyday?

Secondly I've been making dua to get married for 6 years. 2 years ago I had a rishta through, istikhara came out positive and do did general duas! We were meant to marry next year but it's been called off due to differences. Now please don't reply by saying he wasn't good for me because why did Allah bring him in the first place and why did istikhara and my general duas about this brother come true??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I have been looking for a job for three years and I have a doctorate and the zillion dollar debt to go with it. I have worked on my education for the greater part of my life, why would I go down a road of bachelors, masters and a doctorate if the end result is me sitting at home doing nothing with it or accepting far less than what I know I am worth? I also lost my fiance in 2004, why would I love someone who would eventually have an arrhythmia and die on me?
Everyone has a tribulation in their life, you're not singled out from humanity for suffering.. How you deal with it has alot to do with the outcome, your reality isn't as cruel as someone like this

your reason for existence is to worship God alone with fidelity not contingent on what God gives you or what path your led down. We're not here for the perfect life, the perfect husband and the perfect job.. this life must be tempered with the knowledge that it is a temporary situation. You're in a far better position than many others, possibly those who have worked alot harder than you..

:w:

IslamicRevival
12-07-2011, 11:08 PM
^ Amazing post.

/thread

anonymous
12-07-2011, 11:13 PM
That didn't really answer my question. Why does Allah guide me in decision and at the end of the day there's no light at the end of the tunnel (marriage) or why do I get a job offer when it was impossible to commute to?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-07-2011, 11:18 PM
If it were meant to be you'd have seen it to fruition.

If a wound should touch you - there has already touched the [opposing] people a wound similar to it. And these days [of varying conditions] We alternate among the people so that Allah may make evident those who believe and [may] take to Himself from among you martyrs - and Allah does not like the wrongdoers -

Sahih International
And that Allah may purify the believers [through trials] and destroy the disbelievers.

are you Muslim?

best,

Maryan0
12-08-2011, 07:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
I have been looking for a job for three years and I have a doctorate and the zillion dollar debt to go with it. I have worked on my education for the greater part of my life, why would I go down a road of bachelors, masters and a doctorate if the end result is me sitting at home doing nothing with it or accepting far less than what I know I am worth? I also lost my fiance in 2004, why would I love someone who would eventually have an arrhythmia and die on me?
Everyone has a tribulation in their life, you're not singled out from humanity for suffering.. How you deal with it has alot to do with the outcome, your reality isn't as cruel as someone like this
your reason for existence is to worship God alone with fidelity not contingent on what God gives you or what path your led down. We're not here for the perfect life, the perfect husband and the perfect job.. this life must be tempered with the knowledge that it is a temporary situation. You're in a far better position than many others, possibly those who have worked alot harder than you..

:w:
May Allah bless you in all your pursuits sis. and to the OP may Allah give you sabr. Ameen
Salam

Snowflake
12-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Subhan Allah! No one could've said better than sis BlueBell. May Allah compensate your every loss with the BEST of His treasures in both worlds. Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Ill give you an example: I have been looking for a job for over a year now and finally got offered a job but the location wasn't feasible so why did Allah grant my dua when he knew I couldn't travel to work everyday?

Secondly I've been making dua to get married for 6 years. 2 years ago I had a rishta through, istikhara came out positive and do did general duas! We were meant to marry next year but it's been called off due to differences. Now please don't reply by saying he wasn't good for me because why did Allah bring him in the first place and why did istikhara and my general duas about this brother come true??
Asalaamu alaikum. In life we will not always get what we want and when we want it. Life does not work that way. Sometimes we have to go through trials and hardships and bare them with patience and eventually we will get what is best for us even though we may not know think it at the time.

I personally have know of many people who went through hardships and struggles due losses to health, wealth and family, and as hard as it was for them they kept continued to endure their hardships with patience and sincere dua. In the end their patience, perseverance and dua paid off and they ended up getting so MUCH more than they could of ever hoped for.

I know the following 3 points may sound like cliches but they are the best possible advice I can give to you. If you follow to these points to the best of your ability then the end result will be very good and you will be victorious:

1. Patience: Never question Allah and say "Why". Accept the decree of Allah. If he is testing you then surely he is wanting good for you. He only tests those he wants the closest to him. So see it as a blessing in disguise and be patient. Patience is the best attribute to have but it is a learnt attribute. Allah is with those who are patient. So as long as a person is patient then Allah is with them.

2. Keep striving and persevering: Keep striving and persevering in whatever you are wanting to achieve or whatever hardship or difficulty you are going through. In your case you need a job and want to get married then keep applying and looking for potential partners, and do not give up. As long as you keep making full effort then Allah will open doors for you as he opens doors for all those who continue to put in hard work and make full effort.

Your efforts will not go to waste as long as you are sincere and your intentions are right. So research, ask around and look at all your options and keep trying hard and striving in whatever you are wanting to acheive. Repentance also opens doors for a person in this life as well as helping one in the next life. So increase in repentance and continue to make sincere Dua, begging and crying to Allah if you can particularly in the latter part of the night after Tahajjud prayer and Allah will open doors for you that you never imagined.

3. Put your hopes, trust and reliance in Allah: Know that we should always put our full trust in Allah as well as make effort as this is the best combination to recieve the best results in everything we do in this life and the next. We should acknowledge that everything that happens in our lives only happens from the will of Allah for all the power and might in the universe belongs to him.

So be patient, keep making effort and working hard, striving and persevering and put your hopes, trust and reliance in Allah. Know that he is there for you and does have something better in store for you. He created you so surely only he knows what is best for you so entrust all of your affairs unto him and you will be content and happy no matter what trials and hardships you go through in life.

Consider the following:

"The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited
island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him.

Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.
Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to
protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions. But
then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little
hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky.

The worst had happened , everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and
anger. "God, how could you do this to me?" he cried. Early the next day,
however, he was wakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the
island. It had come to rescue him. "How did you know I was here?" asked the
weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It's easy to get discouraged sometimes when things appear to be going badly.
But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in
the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is
burning to the ground, it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace
of God.

For all the negative things, we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive
answer for it. Pass this on, you never know whose life may be in need of
this today. Believe me, there are some days when we all feel that our huts
are burning.

Hope that helped somewhat. If you need anymore help or advice with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

May Allah give you the best in this world and the next. Ameen

Abz2000
12-09-2011, 11:15 AM
139. So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.
140. If a wound hath touched you, be sure a similar wound hath touched the others. Such days (of varying fortunes) We give to men and men by turns:
that Allah may know those that believe, and that He may take to Himself from your ranks Martyr-witnesses (to Truth). And Allah loveth not those that do wrong.
141. Allah.s object also is to purge those that are true in Faith and to deprive of blessing Those that resist Faith.
142. Did ye think that ye would enter Paradise without Allah testing those of you who fought hard (In His Cause) and remained steadfast?
Quran Chapter Ale-'Imran

Flame of Hope
12-09-2011, 07:58 PM

:sl: dear sister.

I understand how you must be feeling. Frustrated.

I don't really think you need any advice. You just need some support, some understanding and the attentive ears
of someone who cares.

It's a phase that you are going through. Be patient with yourself and let this pass....

It's a test of your faith and endurance that these things have happened the way they did.

Do you have any friend with whom you can share your feelings? Someone who can give you a hug?

That might help a great deal. :)

GuestFellow
12-09-2011, 10:17 PM

I was in your position. I was looking for a job for nearly 1 year and approx 5 months. I finally managed to get a job in accounts, even though my background is law. At some point, you want to give up, get angry and upset. I understand that, but you have to keep trying. You got accepted, which is a good sign. Every interview I went to, I learnt something. The more jobs I applied, the more interviews I went to, the better I got.

So all I can say is keep trying and trust Allah.

CosmicPathos
12-10-2011, 03:46 AM
as for your question why does Allah guide you towards it then snatches it away, well its a logically flawed question. It is like asking what is the point of being born when you are gonna die anyway? The first action is not contingent upon the outcome.

If you start looking at life in a restrictive binary mode (action and effect), you'd find that life is miserable and makes no sense (as I said, why be born when you are gonna die anyways :S). It is the journey between those two points that is much more important. So how will you make your journey more pleasant?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!