/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does islam need a better PR?

syed1
12-09-2011, 04:36 AM
I just wanted to share this debate with you guys.. I was very happy to see the few Europeans who have converted and their view on islam.. Masha'llah they portray such a beautiful message better than a muslim them self could convey..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
12-09-2011, 04:40 AM
I've thought this before...:hmm: but never really spoke up about it too much even before I decided to finally revert some months ago.

syed1
12-09-2011, 05:23 AM
I think its safe to say that islam does need a better PR because of all the negative media bias there is about islam

جوري
12-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Islam needs better Muslims. We shouldn't be happy by the number of Muslims rather the quality of them, and we shouldn't really give a fig what the kaffirs say or think. They're never going to be happy with us. Islam is a done deal!!! Homosexuality isn't going to suddenly be ok per Islam simply because Cameron or Hillary decided it is the in thing..If that will garner you hatred then so be it.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
12-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Islam only needs better Pr because of the fact that the zionist media have been conducting a hate campaign against Islam for the past ten years or so. Using the media to try and defame Islam. But their media hate campaign has also backfired somewhat as there are more non believers turning to Islam now in the west than ever before in the history of mankind. So the gate campaign has given Islam more exposure and it only takes a little research for a non believer to establish that Islam is undoubtedly the truth.

Ramadhan
12-09-2011, 07:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
I just wanted to share this debate with you guys.. I was very happy to see the few Europeans who have converted and their view on islam.. Masha'llah they portray such a beautiful message better than a muslim them self could convey..
:sl:

I'm not nitpicking, but if they are already reverted, wouldn't that make them muslims already?
We shouldn't distinguish between those born in muslim family with new reverts.

Ramadhan
12-09-2011, 07:18 AM
I think its safe to say that islam does need a better PR because of all the negative media bias there is about islam
Good muslims are excellent PR for Islam already.
So we must improve ourselves as a muslim first and foremost.

syed1
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
We shouldn't distinguish between those born in muslim family with new reverts.
I was unaware that the lady in the videos I put up was born in a muslim family.. I thought she was chirstian and then turned to islam.. I just felt that she was shining a positive light on islam since she use to be a tv host and would interview celebrities and a lot of people would kill to have a job like that but she left it on because she was missing something as she explain in another interview and I just feel stories like her help shine a positive light on islam and get more people wondering why she is saying or feeling that it is right for her and thats how more people are drawn to our religion.. However, if it was a story of any other avg. person converting it wouldnt be such a big deal ....

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
So we must improve ourselves as a muslim first and foremost.
I could not agree more

GuestFellow
12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I think Muslims shouldn't care what other people think of us. We need to practice Islam, not launch a campaign.

syed1
12-09-2011, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
We need to practice Islam, not launch a campaign.
Isn't it one of our core duties as muslims to spread the truth and bring as many people to islam as possible? We can't have this arrogant attitude that " we are right and know its right so who cares about everyone else, let them think what they want"...

Abz2000
12-09-2011, 10:57 PM
quite an apologetic lot,
the only pr Islam needs is to portray it's real values, the well perceived and the ill perceived, not apologising and saying that Muslims who believe sodomy is forbidden are a "minority", it's illegal in Islam, it's illegal in Christianity, it's illegal in Judaism, and it was only fully made legal in the last decade in the u.s - not because the majority wanted it so, but because the politicians have been maneuvering for the last few decades. and it's also wrong according to most people on this planet,
the reason why many people accept Islam is when they see it's true values after seeing mass media lies,
the reason why they would be turned away is if these people apologised and pretended that Islamic laws are not Islamic, then people found that they are.
still, we all go through stages

GuestFellow
12-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Isn't it one of our core duties as muslims to spread the truth and bring as many people to islam as possible? We can't have this arrogant attitude that " we are right and know its right so who cares about everyone else, let them think what they want"...
Ah you misunderstood my point. I'm not against spreading Islamic knowledge. I just feel there is no need to start some sort of massive campaign to persuade people to like Islam.

All Muslims have to do is practice Islam and explain to non-Muslims what Islam is all about. If non-Muslims disagree, then that's fine, they can continue with their lifestyle. We can't force them to like/accept Islam at the point of a gun. We can't control what other people think, otherwise you will end up with mindless zombies.

CosmicPathos
12-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Was there anyone better than the prophet himself to give a "good PR" to Islam? No. But despite him being there, there were kaafirs abound, people attacked him, rejected him, despite him being in front of their eyes, his message was rejected.

So I dont buy the argument that by some new PR people will start loving us. The war between Tawheed and Shirk will remain till Qiyamah. Be prepared. Dont find excuses to escape this war by saying we need to have a better PR.

That being said, it does not mean we dont deal justly with people. Some enemies of prophet became his sahaabis just because of his character. So we can expect some from the opposition in this war to join our ranks, but to hope that this war will end is nothing but delusion.

Hamza Asadullah
12-11-2011, 02:09 AM
When we say Islam needs better Pr then we actually mean that we should make it a duty of ours to clarify miconceptions regarding Islam and tge lies about Islam portrayed by tge media and that we should give dawah which is a collective obligation for Muslims. Allah tells us in the Quran to invite towards Islam, refute and clarify in the best possible way and manner. Who's speech is better than he who invites towards Allah.

The best Pr for Islam is for us as Muslims to truly follow the Quran and Sunnah by which we would behave in the best way possible at all times and have exemperly manners. We would be the best towards others at all times whether Muslim or non Muslim as the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam) was.

Therefore our actions and speech is the best Pr for Islam.

Darth Ultor
12-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Actually, let the media slander Islam. It'll get people curious to really learn about Islam and maybe convert. We all hate the media and the bull**** they report.

Muhaba
12-11-2011, 11:42 AM
actually, this sort of a campaign is the responsibility of every muslim. as muslims we have the duty to practice our religion right so as not to give a bad image of islam. and also to spread islam in whichever way we can.i mean f you are studying or working among nonmuslims, you can find ways to say something about islam to others. or you can give a booklet about islam to someone on a special occasion. for example, on christmas, you can talk about the birth of Jesus according to islam. of course, it's important to know about your religion to be able to practice it well and preach it. most problems muslims face is their own fault. if they tried to spread Islam, God would also help them. as God Says in the the Quran, if you help God, God will help you.

Muhaba
12-11-2011, 11:43 AM
and i agree that there is the need for such a campaign to counter all the bad news being spread about islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!