/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse and the myths with it (particularly pregnancy myths)

Ali_008
12-10-2011, 10:17 AM
:sl:

It seems there's going to be a lunar eclipse later today and I'm hearing all sorts of things from the womenfolk. About the food, about not going out, pregnancy precautions. I was just wondering is there even an inch of authenticity in all this. As far as I know, Prophet (SallAllahuAlayhiWaSallam) prescribed offering Salaat-ul-Kusoof and Salaat-ul-Qusoof during eclipse. Don't know which one is for solar and which one for lunar. Apart from these nawaafeel prayers, are there any other things mentioned in Islam about eclipse? I know of the eclipse which took place when Ibrahim [Rasoolullah's (SallAllahuAlayhiWaSallam) son] died and Rasoolullah (SallAllahuAlayhiWaSallam) did make it clear to the Sahaba that the death had nothing to do with the eclipse. I'm asking because my wife's 2 and a half months pregnant, alhamdulillah :D. And I'm trying hard to protect the child from all sorts of nonsense from now itself.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!