/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Waswas- shirk problem

Blooming.Flower
12-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Assalamu Alaykum brothers and sisters!

Okay, starting in September of 2011, I started getting shirk thoughts and has not stopped since then, even though it has gotten batter. So one day, I was praying and all of the sudden, a word popped into my head (the word was "saint). I panicked and thought I committed shirk. I have looked online to see if anyone had the same problem as me and I found some that were similar and the answers said to ignore.
I tried to ignore, but the thoughts kept coming back. I think a reason for that is because I kept thinking about shirk, which made me feel like I was committing shirk. I cried and cried and asked Allah(SWT) for forgiveness. After I tried to ignore, it stopped for a while but then another word came to me (word was shaytan). Now this word started to pop in my prayer. I tried to ignore it, but I kept thinking about it. I kept feeling like I committed shirk and that I just lost a chance in Jannah. Someone told me that this is a great test from Allah(SWT) I am going through which made me feel a little better. I know in my heart that this waswas is not from me but from shaytan, but at one point, I literally feel like it is ME who is saying on this purposely( Even thought I don't believe in it). I think that this is another trick of Saytan to make me feel like a kuffar.

I keep thinking that I committed shirk.

Please, brothers and sisters. If you have any knowledge about my problem, I would love to hear it.

Jazakhallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!