/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do we move around?

syed1
12-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Why do we move around, after prayer that is, to a new spot and pray?

I have seen this quite a lot especially in family gatherings where we pray in congregation and after the fard salat many of the brother get up and pray to the spot on their right or left or a spot behind them and I always wondered why that is?

Is there any hadiths on this or a reason behind it?

I heard that it is to spread the blessing, as in, to bless another spot :S not sure how true or valid that is but that is something I heard...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
12-11-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't know, I notice that in the mosque here a lot, too lol..

Ramadhan
12-11-2011, 01:44 AM
I can't remember the details of the hadith.

But during judgement day, everything/everyone basically will testify for/against us, including every single spot of earth where we prayed. So we obviously want more of things to testify goodness for us.
Hence, it is advisable to pray in different locations/places even in the masjid.

syed1
12-11-2011, 02:13 AM
hm that sounds interesting.. I'd really like to see the authentic hadith or a proper source if anyone knows it !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I may have found several explanations, but in Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language) that may be used by people why they change location between shalah fard and other shalah (nafl or rawwatib), I will translate roughly:

That Day, it (the earth) will report its news
(Qs. Al Zalzalah: 4)

Dari Umar bin Atha' bin Abil Khawar : Bahwa Nafi' bin Jubair pernah mengutusnya
kepada As-Sa'ib Ibnu Ukhti Namr untuk menanyakan sesuatu yang pernah disaksikan
oleh Mua'awiyah darinya dalam shalat. Maka dia menjawab : "Ya, aku memang pernah
mengerjakan shalat Jum'at bersamanya di Al-Masqshurah (rumah benteng besar).
Setelah imam mengucapkan salam, aku berdiri di tempatku dan langsung mengerjakan
shalat. Setelah dia masuk, dia mengutus seseorang kepadaku seraya berkata,
"Janganlah engkau mengulangi perbuatanmu lagi. Jika engkau mengerjakan shalat
Jum'at maka janganlah engkau menyambungnya dengan shalat yang lain sehingga
engkau berbicara atau keluar, karena sesungguhnya Rasulullah Shallallahu 'alaihi
wa sallam memerintahkan kita melakukan hal tersebut, yaitu tidak menyambung
shalat dengan shalat yang lain sehingga kita berbicara atau keluar" Diriwayatkan
oleh Muslim [6]

From 'Umar ibn Atha' bin Abil Khawar: That Nafi 'ibn Jubair had sent him
Ibn As-Sa'ib Ibn ukhti Namr to ask something that has been witnessed
by Mua'awiyah about him in shalah. So he replied: "Yes, I have performed shalah Friday with him at Al-Masqshurah (the fort).
After the imam say salam, I stood up in my place and directly performed
shalah (ba'diyah). After he entered, he sent someone to me and said,
"You should never repeat what you just did. If you pray shalah
Friday, you shall not directly perform another shalah until you
you speak/talk or get out, because the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi
wa sallam commanded us to do that, which is we must not perform
a shalah after another one before we speak/talk or get out"
Reported by Muslims [6]
Hadeeth Shaheeh. Narrated by Muslim
in the Kitaabul jumu'a, Ash-Sha chapter; aah ba'dal jumu'a, hadith no. 883

http://www.almanhaj.or.id/content/664/slash/0

Ramadhan
12-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Also:

Dari Abu Hurairah radhiyallahu 'anhu dari Nabi SAW, beliau bersabda, "Apakah kamu merasa lemah (keberatan) apabila kamu shalat untuk maju sedikit atau mundur, atau pindah ke sebelah kanan atau ke sebelah kiri?" (HR Ibnu Majah)

From Abu Hurayrah from the Prophet SAW, he said, "Do you feel weak (objections) when you (are going to) perform shalah to move a little forward or backward, or move to the right or to the left?" (Reported by Ibn Majah)

Salahudeen
12-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I've noticed this too

Abz2000
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
i notice myself doing it inadvertently too, though on the same spot.
if i have gathered two prayers up, i'll pray one, and not feel comfortable standing up immediately to pray the other,
so i'll stand up, get my quran translation, read a few verses, and then put it back and stand up to complete the next prayer,
it feels like i've separated the two prayers psychologically,

the jumu'ah one makes sense, since one of the aspects of jumu'ah is to discuss matters with the local community and keep the bonds of brotherhood and community spirit strong.

Jalal~
12-11-2011, 08:03 PM
is it acceptable if i just move to another location w/o talking/speaking?

Hamza Asadullah
01-17-2012, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
i notice myself doing it inadvertently too, though on the same spot.
if i have gathered two prayers up, i'll pray one, and not feel comfortable standing up immediately to pray the other,
so i'll stand up, get my quran translation, read a few verses, and then put it back and stand up to complete the next prayer,
it feels like i've separated the two prayers psychologically,

the jumu'ah one makes sense, since one of the aspects of jumu'ah is to discuss matters with the local community and keep the bonds of brotherhood and community spirit strong.
:sl:

It is not necessary to change places after the Fardh Salaat in order to recite the Sunan and Nawaafil Salaats. One may recite his Salaat in the same position, however, it is preferable to change position. (Aalamgiri vol.1 pg.113)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Source:

Who Am I?
01-17-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't know if there's some deeper meaning to it. I sat in the back of the class, and I sat in the last pew in church too (when I was a Christian) .

All I know is that I feel more comfortable in the back, away from prying eyes. That's why I move to the back after prayer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!