/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Le Grand Voyage

Darth Ultor
12-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Anyone seen this movie? It's about a father whose kids are moving away from Islam. He is old and wants go on Hajj so he chooses his son Reda to drive him to Mecca (they live in Paris). It's mainly a father/son story with elements of Islam, culture, and generation gaps thrown in. Very good movie. Loved the father. It is strongly implied that Reda becomes more observant at the end.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
12-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the info,
Must take the time to watch

جوري
12-12-2011, 10:20 PM
no haven't watched it.. I don't have patience for movies least of which movies with elements that might get on my nerves..

Abz2000
12-13-2011, 02:28 AM
i just finished watching it, it makes one consider the impact of raising ones children in total ignorance of Islam,
a moving story,
i recommend you watch it if you get the time sis, it's on youtube - in 10 parts:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
12-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Don't know what to think of the Turkish guy who told the story about the Sufi and the wine. He did seem to have ulterior motives.

جوري
12-13-2011, 04:38 AM
I watched the first vid, and the last.. what killed his father?
I hated it really not my cup o tea and a few inaccuracies in both vids that just didn't work for me. I don't like when foreigners make so-called Islamic movies, they're missing that je ne sais quoi .. the essence of the people if you will..

:w:

Darth Ultor
12-13-2011, 04:51 AM
He was trampled. People get trampled in the Hajj. And the director was actually a Muslim.

جوري
12-13-2011, 05:03 AM
To die making pilgrimage is how I'd personally like to go, and Hope that Allah swt accepts it from me and that I'd be buried there.. I'd like to make pilgrimage next year insha'Allah..

Darth Ultor
12-13-2011, 06:11 AM
May God accept your Hajj then.

جوري
12-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Thank you .. I wish you the best and above all good health .. I know it has been rough for you...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!