/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qur'an vs Bible

stretch90
12-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused about something. Are there different teachings in the Bible compared to the Qur'an? Since both are holy books in Islam I'm guessing they should be consistent with each other, but I'm guessing there are some differences. I was just wondering if someone can help me understand this better.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
12-17-2011, 06:17 AM
Bible is not a holy book in Islam.

Try or study harder.

Aprender
12-17-2011, 06:25 AM
I think the OP means that the Bible is a book to be respected as it did once contain the correct message of God but has since been corrupted.

I'm a recent revert to Islam. I've read the Bible but I am not so sure if it's so much that the teachings in it are different than the interpretation of it that is taught in churches.

For example, in the Bible it says the way to eternal life is to worship one God and keep the commandments but it is taught in churches that the way to eternal life is though accepting Jesus (pbuh) as your savior despite the fact that he never clearly said this in the text. :hmm: If you look at a red letter Bible you'll see....

The Bible does teach to be kind, love others and forgiving but there are other themes and messages in the Bible that can be interpreted as the opposite of that. And then again it also goes to which version of the Bible that is being referred to...as some of the stories of the Bible are also fabrications...

Ramadhan
12-17-2011, 07:08 AM
We'll see what the OP mean by bible being a holy book in Islam.
Because bible is not and was never a holy book in Islam.

format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
as it did once contain the correct message of God but has since been corrupted.
When bible was first formulated and officiated by constantine and nicea council, it was already corrupted/deleted/edited/added/fabricated.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amiyr
12-17-2011, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by stretch90
Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused about something. Are there different teachings in the Bible compared to the Qur'an? Since both are holy books in Islam I'm guessing they should be consistent with each other, but I'm guessing there are some differences. I was just wondering if someone can help me understand this better.
as_salaamu "alaykum

We will have to analyse everything you said methodically to remove the confusion inshaa allaah.
In the first place there was no such book called The Bible in the time of "iysaa (Jesus) "alayhis_salaam.Nor was there A New Testament and nor An Old Testament. There were just many separate books.
Then came the followers of Paul and they brought the Bible into existence hundreds of years later. We cannot just say The Bible is right or The Bible is wrong. We must study and examine each book the Bible is composed of.But if you say that
all the books composing The Bible is one book (many in one) then if there is found to be one dot not incorrect it would destroy The Whole. The Christians themselves do not agree as to the exact meaning of The Bible...
The Protestant Christians have 39 books in the old testament
The Catholic Christians have 46 books in the old testament
The Orthodox Christians have 58 books in the old testament
These are facts without insults and personal arrogance.

Thanks

+salaam

ayesha.ansari
12-30-2011, 05:41 AM
No doubt Muslims have full believe on all holy books and all holy prophets including Injeel bible but Quran is the final message by Allah almighty for all humanity. Also i want to add here that Muslims also believe that this bible is not original Injeel, it has been edited or corrupted by people.

Al-manar
12-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Are there different teachings in the Bible compared to the Qur'an?
yes there are many, especially the new testament compared to the Quran .. they are radically different in terms of monotheism and God's law.

Since both are holy books in Islam I'm guessing they should be consistent with each other
That would be true if the Quran validates the entire content of the bible from A to Z , but the Quranic attitude is that lots of bible material is merely human uninspired additions .... whatever teaching that is consistent with the quran could be called true biblical content otherwise is not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!