/* */

PDA

View Full Version : US Asks for drone return

User29123
12-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Salam,

President Barack Obama has said the US government has requested that Tehran return the surveillance drone captured by Iran's military earlier this month.
Mr Obama said he would not comment on classified intelligence matters, but confirmed: "We have asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond."
Iranian TV broadcast pictures of the intact RQ-170 Sentinel last week.
Tehran said the aircraft was brought down using electronic warfare; Washington insisted it malfunctioned.
Earlier on Monday, Iranian state TV reported that military experts were in the final stages of recovering data from the drone.
Since it was invading Irans air space they should not give it back. Also I bet Iran did bring it down US just don't want to admit it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16150384

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
:lol: I like obama's moxie... give it to us with its information intact..what a hoot!
Hopefully Iran can take it apart and learn its technology if it isn't already known to them..

:w:

Abz2000
12-12-2011, 10:44 PM
that's like going on a robbery or theft and calling back to as for a dropped watch.

are people meant to believe the drone malfunctioned and flew 150 miles into iran by accident?

Ramadhan
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't know if the whole is a joke, but surely Obama is joking by asking to have the drone back

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
remember flight 93 flew miles out on impact on 9/11?

Flight 93 fragmented violently upon impact. Most of the aircraft wreckage was found near the impact crater.Investigators found some very light debris including paper and nylon scattered up to eight miles (13 km) from the impact point in New Baltimore. Other tiny aircraft fragments were found 1.5 miles (2.4 km) away at Indiana Lake.

imagine a plane crashing into the ground and the solid debri flying 1.5 miles out of it, what did they have attached to them? jet engines?

~Raindrop~
12-12-2011, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BBC News
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton admitted that she did not think it likely that the drone would be returned.

"We are very clearly making known our concerns. We submitted a formal request for the return of our lost equipment, as we would in any situation. Given Iran's behaviour to date, we do not expect them to reply," she said.

She said that despite numerous "provocations" from Iran, the US would continue to pursue a "diplomatic approach".
;D
She's not serious?!

Muezzin
12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Heh. What a farce.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
remember flight 93 flew miles out on impact on 9/11?

Flight 93 fragmented violently upon impact. Most of the aircraft wreckage was found near the impact crater.Investigators found some very light debris including paper and nylon scattered up to eight miles (13 km) from the impact point in New Baltimore. Other tiny aircraft fragments were found 1.5 miles (2.4 km) away at Indiana Lake.

imagine a plane crashing into the ground and the solid debri flying 1.5 miles out of it, what did they have attached to them? jet engines?
Not sure what this has to do with this particular thread...

Abz2000
12-13-2011, 12:37 AM
^the flight 93 lie is a good thing to remember when told of drones malfunctioning and then flying hundreds of miles away and landing intact

جوري
12-13-2011, 03:32 AM
After copying the technology Iran can sell this to Russia or China, it would make the U.S crap its pants, considering how happy they've with this technology, it saves them dumping their 'brave boys' in landfills while ridding themselves of entire villages in remote regions of the middle east where 'horrible evil of axis militants' in the form of 3 year old boys and nursing mothers ..

syed1
12-13-2011, 03:50 AM
when read the article on BBC I LOL'ed so hard;D ...sounds like a poor baby saying 'please give me back my stuff :( '

جوري
12-13-2011, 03:59 AM
I only wish that the technology was available to righteous practicing Muslims over say Iran.. nonetheless if they keep busy with each other, perhaps involve Russia or China, it could prove beneficial to the rest of the Muslim ummah..
The U.S and Europe are in financial ruins, they're engaged in a war with an all time war fatigue here and there and everywhere against a very ancient people who may have lost a few battles but not the war.. and what's to come will be more amusing I am sure..
They wish to rouse up the common man 'those wall street occupiers' & channel them not against the proper demon (Zionist corporate America) but toward Muslims, but time and time again something comes and bites them big time in the a$$phault and I am glad of it..
I had a dream recently about a lion a bear and a fox all at each other and I think it signifies those countries..
May Allah swt aid Islam & Muslims..

ameen ameen ameen

User29123
12-13-2011, 11:13 AM
That is a good idea they should really pass the drone on to China or Russia, USA would be really angry...

China love technology. they should had it over in exchange for protection :P

جوري
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Not exchange for protection rather and with Russia especially help further their nuclear plans or get new arms or whatever the military possibilities are endless, also neutralizes the U.S's bullying of sovereign nations to an extent .. I don't understand how they figure that they're 'the good guy' when they're blindly manipulated by the devil? More worrisome for the U.S and Israel to have nuclear capabilities than any other country I can think of .. They're all equally corrupt and despotic but a polarized world really doesn't work to anyone's interests ...

:w:

melonkali
12-14-2011, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I don't know if the whole is a joke, but surely Obama is joking by asking to have the drone back
Both my husband and I saw the press conference and took that remark clearly as typical Obama dry, tongue-in-cheek humor. What could he possibly say to the American public? To the world? Did anyone hear (on CNN) Dick Cheney say that he would have chosen the "go into Iran and destroy the thing" (read: bomb Iran) option which apparently had been recommended to Obama, who soundly rejected the idea and at least two other more "aggressive" options.

Why was the drone flying over Iran in the first place? I don't really know, but I did learn that Obama will not authorize actions based solely on satellite images (like the pictures of the "WMDs" used to justify the Iraqi war), so that's part of the reason that recon drones are being used as frequent flyers over Afghanistan (obviously Iran, too).

Our media/press makes our President seem much less intelligent and decent than he is. He really can't do much now about the mess he inherited, being paralyzed by a hostile Congress and our powerful military defense industry, but for what it's worth, I believe he is trying to lessen the harm. rebecca

Abz2000
12-14-2011, 03:06 AM
lol! china's good at counterfeiting, they even come out with "better than the original" with additional features.

here's what an irish guy said on infowars:

America is so broke they smash windows and ask for the stone back

Ramadhan
12-14-2011, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by melonkali
Both my husband and I saw the press conference and took that remark clearly as typical Obama dry, tongue-in-cheek humor. What could he possibly say to the American public? To the world? Did anyone hear (on CNN) Dick Cheney say that he would have chosen the "go into Iran and destroy the thing" (read: bomb Iran) option which apparently had been recommended to Obama, who soundly rejected the idea and at least two other more "aggressive" options.
I quite agree with this analyses.

Our media/press makes our President seem much less intelligent and decent than he is. He really can't do much now about the mess he inherited, being paralyzed by a hostile Congress and our powerful military defense industry, but for what it's worth, I believe he is trying to lessen the harm. rebecca
But I'm not so sold on this one.

Abz2000
12-14-2011, 04:44 AM
do you really believe they can even come anywhere near the presidency if they're not already ready to sell out?
that the corporations who run the lobbying companies and corporate controlled mass media would give them the time of day?
that the cia would allow a president to have the power to abolish the agency?
maybe you haven't ever been on the receiving end of their propaganda campaigns to know how much they control the media and other institutions and how corrupt it really runs.

IslamicRevival
12-14-2011, 08:30 AM
The Zionists must be bricking it right now. I love you Iran! :)

melonkali
12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
I largely agree with what's been said here. Even IF a good man could become U.S. President, which is a long-shot, what does it matter? In our badly corrupted system, he'd be lucky to accomplish even 5% of his goals. But I do see how Obama might be both a good man and an elected U.S. President. In the 2008 election, let's be frank, Obama was guaranteed a high percentage of votes from the one U.S. minority which had enough power to ensure he received fair media exposure. Please don't misunderstand, I see it as a good thing, an unexpected blessing, that in 2008 Americans had any possible way of getting a decent person into the White House.

One indicator of Obama's character might be his having Joe Biden as VP. Biden's track record and reputation for integrity and ability are solid. If you're not a decent person with sincere intentions, you don't want Biden around, and he wouldn't waste his time on you. The two men have apparently developed a close working relationship, which is a good sign. I've read (per the rumor mill) that since the U.S. is backing out of Iraq (which was Biden's top priority), in 2012, Biden and Hillary may switch places. Biden wants to focus on international affairs, while Hillary is more politically ambitious. (I know, Obama probably doesn't have a chance of winning the 2012 election, but every time Gingrich opens his mouth, I see a ray of hope.)

جوري
12-15-2011, 04:20 PM
did the U.S accomplish its goals in Iraq? did they find their 'WMD'? or just happy with the million & a half children they murdered, abu gharib and the likes?

GuestFellow
12-15-2011, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
did the U.S accomplish its goals in Iraq? did they find their 'WMD'? or just happy with the million & a half children they murdered, abu gharib and the likes?
Salaam,

Well the US did build some military bases and an embassy in Iraq. Also, I heard the bombing of Iraq was a means to warn other countries to watch their step. They are in a strategic position to surround Iran and prevent other countries from gaining influence. I'm not sure how long this will last.

melonkali
12-15-2011, 10:49 PM
I was wrong, and I recant anything positive I've said about Obama or Biden or any U.S. public official who's backing indefinite detainment. Since the world is a battlefield, where can we hide?

Abz2000
12-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Since the world is a battlefield, where can we hide?
Narrated Umm Sharik: I heard Allah's Messenger (peace_be_upon_him) said:
The people would run away from the Dajjal seeking shelter in the mountains. She said: Where would be the Arabs then on the day? He said: They would be small in number.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Matthew 25:15-16

And He has cast onto the earth firm mountains lest it should shake with you....
Quran 31:10

deep caves also useful for evading infra-red heat detectors from drones

MustafaMc
12-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Dick Cheney say that he would have chosen the "go into Iran and destroy the thing" (read: bomb Iran) option which apparently had been recommended to Obama, who soundly rejected the idea and at least two other more "aggressive" options.
This reminded me of Jimmy Carter refusing to bomb Iran during the 1979 hostage crisis.

ariginality
12-16-2011, 10:04 AM
He really can't do much now about the mess he inherited, being paralyzed by a hostile Congress and our powerful military defense industry, but for what it's worth, I believe he is trying to lessen the harm.

In our badly corrupted system, he'd be lucky to accomplish even 5% of his goals.
Then he shouldn't have ran his campaign on change when he has failed to come through. Whether Obama or a republican win the next election, it will be the same old, tired story. The political system in this country is a joke, Zionists control the media and the politicians, corruption prevents the politicians from gaining any real ground because they're more concerned about their pocket books than the people they represent. A good man doesn't support the illegal Israeli occupation. He was a p.o.s. before he ever stepped foot in office, as will be the next U.S. presidents for the foreseeable future. There can be no change when you're building from the same foundation.

Abz2000
12-17-2011, 04:37 AM
and it also PROVES that he's a liar,
if someone like you knows that he can't accomplish 5%,
i'm sure Obama would have known it.
All those promises were part of their "restoring Amerika's image after bush" tactic, knowing they'd never be fulfilled
it'll probably get worse soon.

please watch the obama deception:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

melonkali
12-17-2011, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Narrated Umm Sharik: I heard Allah's Messenger (peace_be_upon_him) said:
The people would run away from the Dajjal seeking shelter in the mountains. She said: Where would be the Arabs then on the day? He said: They would be small in number.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Matthew 25:15-16

And He has cast onto the earth firm mountains lest it should shake with you....
Quran 31:10

deep caves also useful for evading infra-red heat detectors from drones
Deep caves = bats and giant rats. There must be a better way....

The last time freedom-of-speech almost landed me in trouble, I found that the best thing to do was to hide in plain sight. I stayed public and open, on the internet and in real life, deliberately volunteering, in an informal way, full disclosure about anything that I felt might have set off the "radar". Admittedly since that time I've become more careful about what I say, or more accurately, the way I say it. I avoid putting "buzz" words in my internet posts, those words that the government automated internet watch technology always flags.

There was a fellow of Indian heritage who, shortly after 9/11, started up a website where he publicly tracked himself with GPS technology on his cell phone, and regularly took photos from his cell phone, to show where he was at all times. His profession as an art scholar required national and international travel, and he was guilty of having "tan skin and a funny last name". He found himself unable to take off or land at any airport without at least a 3-hour detention, and after being taken downtown and interrogated fairly intensely, for several hours, in Arabic (which he recognized but effectively did not speak, as his parents were Hindi), he became understandably frightened and set up the web site. I don't know if his web site is still up, and I can't remember the guy's "funny name". I recall that he was an art professor who had traveled through a Florida airport at the wrong time on the FBI's 9/11 time line. Still, the principle of "hide in plain sight" may have helped him -- who knows? He asked anyone reading his web site that if he suddenly stopped posting updates, would someone please notify ******.

As someone commented on Al Jazeera (re: the NDAA bill), how have we come to this? rebecca (that's my real given name)

Beardo
12-17-2011, 07:36 PM
I was watching this on the daily show and Stewart was like, "So Obama asked for the Drone back. It's as if he borrowed a season of The Wire, asking for it back." I doubt they'll give it back. :hmm:

melonkali
12-17-2011, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=Abz2000;1483934]and it also PROVES that he's a liar,
if someone like you knows that he can't accomplish 5%,
i'm sure Obama would have known it.
All those promises were part of their "restoring Amerika's image after bush" tactic, knowing they'd never be fulfilled
it'll probably get worse soon.

/QUOTE]

The biggest problem with the American election system is that the winner doesn't have to get a majority of votes (over 50%), he just has to get the most votes -- so it's impossible for a 3rd party with a more honest candidate to get established. In 2000, Al Gore could have won (over GW Bush) by a large percentage BUT Ralph Nader ran as a 3rd party candidate, and drew a lot of votes from Gore. Since election laws are governed by a Congress composed of Democrats and Republicans, there seems to be no chance for a change in that obstacle to fair elections.

The pageantry of U.S. elections is that the candidates' promises represent, at best, what they'd like to do, not what they can or will do. Too many U.S. voters are politically illiterate or naive, believe the hype, and would never vote for a completely honest candidate. So I don't blame any candidate for overstated promises, just ones who later act completely opposite to their stated principles. Better informed voters try to judge the lesser of the two evils.

This topic is hotly debated every election year at one of my established internet watering hole, one of a few similar organizations that have been around a while. Still, we end up with the same debate every election year. Do you vote for the imperfect Democrat candidate, or a 3rd party candidate who may, as Nader did, end up electing a really bad Republican candidate, or do you just not vote at all? And we continue to hope that someone will think of a way to break the system. And things continue to progressively get worse. But what is life without hope, so we keep trying. rebecca

Abz2000
12-18-2011, 12:53 AM
voting and census' only gives them an idea on what to say and how to maneuver in order to avoid a backlash, and who best to nominate in order to appease the people,
here's some proof:

remember these playing cards from 1995?

notice how they turned it into "obama's the good guy" by getting cheney on tv saying he would have bombed it, knowing that it would in reality cause a full blown war with Amerika blatantly seen as the aggressor guilty of innumerable crimes,
but hey, at least people will forget to wonder about the illegality and provocation of violating a country's border with military aircraft and risking more dead people in both countries.
and sing about Obama's wisdom instead.

please watch the Obama deception to understand this, the maker of the documentary has made it free on youtube.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!