/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Was there ever a time when you were terrified?

Flame of Hope
12-12-2011, 10:43 PM
:sl:

Was there ever a time when you were terrified? What terrifies you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
12-14-2011, 06:17 PM

There was a time once when I felt terrified. It was when I felt as though I was going to lose everything.

I can't forget that feeling.. it was definitely one of terror.

As for one of the things that terrifies me.... it is the thought of burning in Hell forever.

La ilaha il Allah Muhammaddar Rasul Allah!

GuestFellow
12-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Salaam,

Beardo terrifies me. o_O

Marina-Aisha
12-16-2011, 01:24 PM
okay when i was pregnant with my second child mustafa i had the most terrifying nitemare...i was kidnapped and they cut my belly open and taken my baby then i woke up......worse nitemare ever!!!i couldnt get back to sleep cos i was afraid that it might carry on...

side note: spiders and moths freak me out!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
12-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Salam alaykum

I had most terrified moment in my life. It was moment I accepted islam. My path to understand was long as I seeked information years what islam really means. At the moment I understood that meaning of become muslim means submitting of will of Allah I got idea... what if He doesn´t accept me to islam? What if he doesn´t choose me be muslim...

:phew

IslamicRevival
12-16-2011, 02:30 PM
There are the nights where i contemplate and look back on my life..and think whats going to become of me when I die. All alone..six feet under..no one to call for help, just me..and my deeds will seal my fate. Sends a shiver down my spine..

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-16-2011, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

Beardo terrifies me. o_O
Ok dude, this thread in not in puzzles and humor section. :p

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Nothing terrifies me...or had terrified me :( seems like my heart has become a stone without any tenderness...need to work on it...:hmm:

Mikayeel
12-16-2011, 05:07 PM
I never used to be scared of spiders as a kid, i actually used to catch them and make them wrestle each other. But recently after having seen a video of a guy eating a tarantula, and then this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEhrpi8iz4 which is btw the exoticism of spiders. I can safely say i dislike spiders, and they frighten me lol.

GuestFellow
12-16-2011, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
okay when i was pregnant with my second child mustafa i had the most terrifying nitemare...i was kidnapped and they cut my belly open and taken my baby then i woke up......worse nitemare ever!!!i couldnt get back to sleep cos i was afraid that it might carry on...

side note: spiders and moths freak me out!
Salaam,

We should not reveal our nightmares.

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

Ok dude, this thread in not in puzzles and humor section. :p
But Jasmine, Beardo is the all powerful administrator! He is secretly plotting to ban me, and then we will never see each other again! :(

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-16-2011, 06:15 PM
^ Dont worry, we have the most powerful admin on our side. but he's on leave...:p:

ardianto
12-17-2011, 05:45 AM
Salaam,

Beardo terrifies me. o_O
If you said it in Puzzle and Humor section, I will support you.

But, Beardo is not a man who can terrify us. I never meet him, and even I don't know his face. But I know about him from a young brother who learned Qur'an from Beardo in a masjid.

Abz2000
12-17-2011, 06:25 AM
the things that are going to happen to the believers soon terrifies me, and i got a feeling i won't even be around to see the first part

~Raindrop~
12-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Beardo terrifies me. o_O
I thought you loved him? :hmm:

But Jasmine.. He is secretly plotting to ban me, and then we will never see each other again!
Jasmine? (trying not to think about what goes on in there) :X
He's not the only one. That is, if you hadn't changed your avatar/siggy.

I came home early on Eid day once, so the house was empty. Gave salam loudly, nobody answered so went to my room and started doing my thing.. till I heard someone creeeeeeeping down the stairs. You could tell they were trying not to be heard. I tried to keep a cool head and looked around my room for a weapon (I was NOT going to be in the house with an intruder and not do anything about it! Everything just sort of froze at that point, I don't think I've ever been so scared.
Anyway, didn't find much in my room and I knew there was a big stick in my brother's room (don't ask) but it would mean they'd hear me if I walked across the corridor.
So I grabbed an air freshener :phew (the idea was to quietly leave the house and get help and if I came within spraying distance, spray it into their eyes) and started walking slooooowly out of my room with the air freshener held tightly in my hand. With my back to the wall, no less. Made it down the stairs safely (though it took a very long time!) and I could hear little noises from the living room. Before I could stop myself, II stupidly called out my brother's name. No answer. So started my long, difficult journey towards the living room.
When someone walked out in front of me. I raised my 'weapon' and prepared to spray when I realised..

It was my brother :hmm: I'll be very polite and call him an annoying brat, nothing more. He did't want anyone to know he was home and not out with the boys :hmm: So he thought I hadn't even noticed he was home. Let's just say he stood there whilst I screamed my head off at him. And he's never stopped teasing me about the day I decided to (try and) be a hero. :phew

old him he should be glad he didn't get a whole load of Air Wick in his face :hmm:

SO that was my terrified moment :p

Riana17
12-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Salam

I thought before that the Most Terrifying things in life is being afraid, lacking of confidence, being poor, hiding, always in pain, put them all together,,, but I was totally wrong and I agree with Sister Harb, being Lost is the most terrifying can happen to anyone.

May Allah guide us All to the right path till our last breath, Amen.

ardianto
12-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Few years ago a movie producer produced a horror movie titled "Hantu Ambulance" (ambulance ghost). He said that based on Bandung urban legend which people sometime saw a ghost car. In that movie the ghost car is described as white Volkswagen combi ambulance with female ghost inside.

My reaction when I knew it just smile. I know that urban legend is true but the rest just fiction. That ghost car is not ambulance, not Volkswagen combi, not white, and without female ghost inside.

How I know ? here the story.

It's happened when I was a naughty boy. I was 14 but I already had driving license. One afternoon I and my friend were traveling around the city. Maghrib came and the day turned into night. But we still on the street and didn't stop for salah.

We passed on Sumatra street, from the south to the north. Street was very quite. Then we arrived on crossroad between Sumatra street and Aceh street. The crossroad was quite, no one there. But I didn't know why, I had a feeling I must stop because something will pass.

I stopped my car, looked at right and left to Aceh street. I could see almost a hundred meters, but I didn't see other vehicle and even other human. So, I decide to drive again.

Just before I move my car, something appear from the dark on the right side in aceh street. That's an old model funeral car, dark colored, and had a big circular window. I could not see the cockpit because it's dark, but I could see the cabin through its window. There's a wrapped dead body floated on the air.

The car passed from east to west then disappear. I looked at my friend, he looked at me too and ask "are you afraid?" I said "yes !". Then I ran my car fast. And for next several months I never pass that place again.

That's one of some my terrified moments

Moham Ali
12-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Yes, after I read a few books by Karl Marx and on Marxism. I was so shocked and scared about knowing I believed in religion, the Quran and faith in general. Since that moment I've been a proud Marxist and atheist and have enjoyed my life without having my ideas and life opressed by a book written in the 7th century by a group of people.

Marina-Aisha
12-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Salaam,

We should not reveal our nightmares.
why is that?

edit : just found out why, i totally didnt know...i only usually tell my ahmed (my partner) my dreams usually makes a pray for me :) wont happen again thanx for correcting me

syed1
12-17-2011, 05:19 PM
what terrifies me : my little sister would watch these shows on this channel called "tree house" and sometimes there would be these shows using actual adults covered in make up or clown costumes or something very 'goofy'. When I would look at these people I would literally be treffied, it would freighten me, not because I am scared of clowns or funny looking people, but the possibility of growing up and living such a life, the thought of that would scare me and I would get to thinking of what my future will be like

Riana17
12-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Salam, yes that's also another terrifying, talking without proper knowledge.

I don't wanna go back to that lol, I dont wanna be a loooser

Flame of Hope
12-18-2011, 03:29 AM

I remember I once had a dream..... wait... I was not a Muslim then. Ha ha! It was many years ago.

In that dream I saw a man who took his last breath and then died.

The moment he did so I woke up with a stifled scream. That dream seemed so real!!

I don't know why.... but to see a person die in front of you is a terrifying experience.... at least for me. It was just a dream........ but if it were to happen in real life, I wouldn't be less terrified.

La ilaha il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah!!

Nate
12-18-2011, 04:44 AM
1. Back in late 2001 I was hitch hiking cross country after getting out of the army, out in the middle of the desert in Az I was sleeping in a dry river bed, hidden in a bush, and about 2am I woke up to a car in the distance driving around in the desert, there is no road out there and they went from around a mile away to around a 100 ft, scared the living poop out of me.
2.When I got to California I got shot at, nothing like feeling the breeze from a bullet. Got lucky that day.
3. throwing a couple grenades LOL

bintYahya
12-26-2011, 04:02 AM
The most terrifying moment of my life has been the act of trying to take my own life.

Thanks to Allah, the love of Him was stronger than the desire to run away from my suffering that seemed endless.

Samiun
12-26-2011, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Few years ago a movie producer produced a horror movie titled "Hantu Ambulance" (ambulance ghost). He said that based on Bandung urban legend which people sometime saw a ghost car. In that movie the ghost car is described as white Volkswagen combi ambulance with female ghost inside.

My reaction when I knew it just smile. I know that urban legend is true but the rest just fiction. That ghost car is not ambulance, not Volkswagen combi, not white, and without female ghost inside.

How I know ? here the story.

It's happened when I was a naughty boy. I was 14 but I already had driving license. One afternoon I and my friend were traveling around the city. Maghrib came and the day turned into night. But we still on the street and didn't stop for salah.

We passed on Sumatra street, from the south to the north. Street was very quite. Then we arrived on crossroad between Sumatra street and Aceh street. The crossroad was quite, no one there. But I didn't know why, I had a feeling I must stop because something will pass.

I stopped my car, looked at right and left to Aceh street. I could see almost a hundred meters, but I didn't see other vehicle and even other human. So, I decide to drive again.

Just before I move my car, something appear from the dark on the right side in aceh street. That's an old model funeral car, dark colored, and had a big circular window. I could not see the cockpit because it's dark, but I could see the cabin through its window. There's a wrapped dead body floated on the air.

The car passed from east to west then disappear. I looked at my friend, he looked at me too and ask "are you afraid?" I said "yes !". Then I ran my car fast. And for next several months I never pass that place again.

That's one of some my terrified moments
:sl: is it even possible to get a driver's license at the age of 14!?

One of the most terrifying thing I've ever seen is people in rage mode.

ardianto
12-26-2011, 05:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
is it even possible to get a driver's license at the age of 14!?
I was 18 in my driver license.

That's Indonesia.

Haya emaan
12-26-2011, 09:37 AM
i went through some very terrifying moments while i was having my driving lessons..:hmm:

Jedi_Mindset
12-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Alot but don't want to mention it public ;) It has to do with my life and so on.
Sorry for making you all curious lol (facepalm)

~Zaria~
12-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Death.....

I fear dying before I have had the chance to completely redeem myself.

I fear seeing the angel of death, and knowing my time is up.....not another second left to be able to add just one more good deed, to read just one more salaah, to have just one more chance to repent.

I fear the grave, day of Qiyamat.....and everything associated with it.

There is nothing more that we should fear.

Just this thought should make us want to change our lives around, right here, right now.......but most of us dont.

We must be the most craziest of all of Allah's creations!.....if you really think about it......:(

Flame of Hope
12-26-2011, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Death.....

I fear dying before I have had the chance to completely redeem myself.

I fear seeing the angel of death, and knowing my time is up.....not another second left to be able to add just one more good deed, to read just one more salaah, to have just one more chance to repent.

I fear the grave, day of Qiyamat.....and everything associated with it.

There is nothing more that we should fear.

Just this thought should make us want to change our lives around, right here, right now.......but most of us dont.

We must be the most craziest of all of Allah's creations!.....if you really think about it......:(
*terrified* :exhausted :nervous:

Cabdullahi
12-26-2011, 10:23 PM
fat ladies squashing a young me...near the far corner of the lift whilst the 'overloaded' sign alerts everyone because the lift cables are untwining....but nobody cares

~ Sabr ~
01-03-2012, 03:35 PM
:salamext:

I get terrified when I think Allah will not forgive me and let me burn in hell.

Beardo
01-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Once I was home alone and heard foot steps and ruffling.

Turned around and it ended up being a plastic bag behind me, ruffling from the fan.

♥ Sofia ♥
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
:wasalamex

excluding religious matters...

i once went to this place in the uk called kew gardens. this was when i was about 10 so it was much scarier lol.

it's a big park and, amongst the trees, there's a bridge. it's called the treetop walkway. it looked pretty sturdy and everything. it was VERY high.

what no-one told me was that it sort of swayed from side to side (i don't know if it was even meant to). i was tall enough to see over the side of the bridge and was absolutely terrified D:

and i'm pretty sure the swaying wasn't just due to my fear lol. everyone else experienced it too!

~Raindrop~
01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Once I was home alone and heard foot steps and ruffling.

Turned around and it ended up being a plastic bag behind me, ruffling from the fan.
And the footsteps? o_O

format_quote Originally Posted by ♥ Sofia ♥
what no-one told me was that it sort of swayed from side to side (i don't know if it was even meant to). i was tall enough to see over the side of the bridge and was absolutely terrified D:
Did it have those wooden slats? They do tend to sway and it can be quite scary if you're not expecting it!

Galaxy
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Three years ago, I was sleeping alone in my room and it was pitch black, just the way I liked it. I was having a random thoughts in my head and then it was interrupted, that's how I can best describe it. Then I saw black things forming in my room and I kind of felt their presence so then I got scared and ran to my mom and dad and slept between them. I told them them I had a 'nightmare' and they thought I was an idiot child not acting my age but they let me sleep between them anyway. The black things formed in their room and then I couldn't breathe then things got carried away from there. Many weird things happen after that on a daily basis and I initially thought it was the jinn but things are getting relatively better alhamdulillaah.

sis muslimah
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
i remember listening to a lecture about death by anwar al awlaki and listening to the punishment of the graves terified me so every night i think bout how to make the next day better than the one before because thought of going to hell just scary enough

Beardo
01-04-2012, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

And the footsteps? o_O
Well, the footsteps were just a fragment of my imagination. lol.

syilla
01-04-2012, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: is it even possible to get a driver's license at the age of 14!?

One of the most terrifying thing I've ever seen is people in rage mode.
in your dream :p

Alhamdulillah till now i haven't been terrified. nervous yes, scared yes...but not totally terrified.

experiences.
1. While staying in a hotel at 3am i heard a loud sound like pulling chain and glasses from far away then came loudly till at the front of my hotel room. The more i read ayatul kursi the louder it becomes. I have no other options so i quickly play the quran from my hp then the noise was gone. The next morning i asked around no one did heard the noise only me. :hmm:

2. when i was hit by another car at the side. 10 minutes i stay in the car before i took some action of taking some photos and asking for the drivers ID. nowadays i'm so careful but things still can happen.

Abdul-Raouf
01-04-2012, 07:27 AM
When you think of Death.. it troubles.

Innocent Soul
01-04-2012, 08:20 AM
^ Same here.
When you think that your death is near and think about your sins. I mostly feel like that when I feel unhealthy. A thought comes in my mind that maybe I am having some disease and I am going to die after sometime. :skeleton: These thoughts are very useful :nervous: because I just get terrified and try to pray more and try to avoid sins. :)

Haya emaan
01-04-2012, 10:30 AM
few days back it was around 2 am at night.Every one was asleep .I was doing painting upstairs alone. i had decided not to sleep until i finish my work. It was very quiet except the voice of the friction caused by my brush when touched the canvas.

Suddenly i heard a sound; a very slight movement of the door from the room behind me..
thought may be it was the wind(even though the windows were closed)^o)
*didnt took any notice*

Again there was a sound, a slight movement
i peeped inside the room
*silence*:?

Went back to work
again a little louder sound
"AllahuAkber!":p
(loudly i said)

once more a movement
"Allahu Akber"

once again the sound from the same distance
"lahaulla walaquwata illabillah"
* dont try to fear me.. i m not going to run away*:/:

once again..this time it was the door behind me and the next minute i was down stairs standing infront of my mom trying to control my breaths:exhausted

'It' won i lost...:heated:

Abdul-Raouf
01-04-2012, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
few days back it was around 2 am at night.Every one was asleep .I was doing painting upstairs alone. i had decided not to sleep until i finish my work. It was very quiet except the voice of the friction caused by my brush when touched the canvas.

Suddenly i heard a sound; a very slight movement of the door from the room behind me..
thought may be it was the wind(even though the windows were closed)^o)
*didnt took any notice*

Again there was a sound, a slight movement
i peeped inside the room
*silence*:?

Went back to work
again a little louder sound
"AllahuAkber!":p
(loudly i said)

once more a movement
"Allahu Akber"

once again the sound from the same distance
"lahaulla walaquwata illabillah"
* dont try to fear me.. i m not going to run away*:/:

once again..this time it was the door behind me and the next minute i was down stairs standing infront of my mom trying to control my breaths:exhausted

'It' won i lost...:heated:
You could have read Ayatul-Qursi as well.. (bit loud.. loud enough to be heard in ur room alone) .. Next time do it... It will make the kafir jinn/shaitaan.. run away.. or will burn it.

Also.. try to fix a good door stopper :)

Beardo
01-04-2012, 11:28 PM
LOL Not gonna lie, when I was a bit younger, I'd call out, "I KNOW YOU'RE THERE! COME OUT RIGHT NOW!!!" loool

Ansariyah
01-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Hell Fire.

Jedi_Mindset
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh yes, when i was young, i fell through ice, when i came out of the water it felt like 500 knives stabbed in me :( Alhamdulillah home was close by. It was freezing too btw

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!